Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

OverKill development thread

Discussion on OverKill development thread within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
OverKill development thread

I'm just one intermediate c# programmer working on OverKill project using Albetros based, for me it's more than a private server, for me it's an idea, it's representing a possibility that we can have a decent private server that is as good as conquer online without bugs or exploits or half completed features

who am i ?
my name is Andrew, egy, mechatronics eng. formally known as AndrewxXx ,Go For It , also had tons of accounts that got banned (yeah im sometimes an annoying cunt) but im not planning to get in troubles anymore :P
why albetros based ?
because it's a decent delightful based, easy to develop and well architect, i was going for CSV3 but i feel it's sort of over complicated (sorry it's my personal opinion) and personally i like pro4never's coding style
what is OverKill ?
  • OverKill is a 5517 source, based on albetros base to save time but i end up rewriting most of stuff that was hard coded (static and not dynamic)
  • OverKill is Low exp Low drop rate private server, our attention had, has and will always be on every single detail you may see in the journey of working on your account
unlike other development threads, ill be posting our change log daily, will be adding pictures and videos once i have time

Day 1
customizing our client, coded loader/autopatching with silent proxy and mini game guard (didn't code it's server part checks yet), customizing icons and in game interface, also had a look at the source
preview :

Day 2
Updated the client to the new tq maps, rewriting a dmap handler (reversed the one pro4never implemented and kinishi tiny map project to be able to get it done), it took so long as the old dmap handler was throwing stack overflow and it was implemented in a dll so i couldn't debug it
preview :

Day 3
Updated most of Npcs, super npcs, spawns, portals for tc/bird also added alot of methods and minor changes, plus i've made a manual for all effects, npc meshes, monsters meshes, flags
to be able to use them easily later at quests and other stuff
preview :

Day 4
Rewritten the whole attack system to be dynamic, and not hard coded, now without even restarting the server i can adjust the whole attack system, it's just PERFECT, it includes potion/skills effect, level/potency effect, lucky time for double and decreasing damage, artificial effect, gems/bless effect, and what helped me alot was tq binaries but i've still edit some stuff to balance it
preview :

Day 5
working on AI clone bots
i've had developed this as an idea for clone bots to loot you items and help you hunting, it was poorly hard coded but im rewriting it right now taking it to whole new level where you can save it, reborn it, and it can now cast spells on you and others (revive, stig, stun others, whatsoever)
this was poorly coded by someone in an egy forum and they leeched the idea and was called "body guard" sadly it meant to have AI but they didn't really achieve the 'I' in it
preview :

current plans : i think 2 more days will be enough for the AI bots then ill start working on minor systems like mining, houses, one arm bandit and whatsoever left

i need a graphic expert for developing a 30+/- video trailer with intro, logo , banners and adv pictures

please feel free to discuss anything related to the subject, criticizing is so welcomed but keep it clean , p.s fang their is something wrong with the bb codes of imgs, it's dl and still not previewing
Thanks
4 Users
Old 01/31/2014, 01:50   #2

You have some nice ideas, and I certainly wish you all the best.
Mini game guard is intriguing for sure.

My thoughts on the dynamic attack system. Dynamic stuff can be wonderful, and it sure can be helpful to make changes without the need to shutdown the server and restart it.
I know with things like NPCs and such it can be a great thing.
But my point of view on it alot of the times is also this, why not get it right the first time before it goes to the public?
And for something as essential as the attack system, in my opinion, that should be 100% before going live.
To me, just seems a little unnecessary and could have been put to a different system that would be more beneficial.
But thats just my two cents

Best of luck to you
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/31/2014, 01:57   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceking View Post
You have some nice ideas, and I certainly wish you all the best.
Mini game guard is intriguing for sure.

My thoughts on the dynamic attack system. Dynamic stuff can be wonderful, and it sure can be helpful to make changes without the need to shutdown the server and restart it.
I know with things like NPCs and such it can be a great thing.
But my point of view on it alot of the times is also this, why not get it right the first time before it goes to the public?
And for something as essential as the attack system, in my opinion, that should be 100% before going live.
To me, just seems a little unnecessary and could have been put to a different system that would be more beneficial.
But thats just my two cents

Best of luck to you
it's not literally mini game guard, it's more of checking for debuggers and any hooking, also for the client itself if it exist or it's clientless bot, it's not really fancy it's bunch of common tricks used around, would be enough to eliminate 99% of people who want to play dirty

about the dynamic attack system, it took me just one day but if you saw albetros base, it's basically a partial class with 12 or 16 methods for damage of monster to monster or monster to player or player to player (i think you got the idea)
so if my calculations was wrong for maybe stigma, i would need to edit a number in database or even one method instead of 16 or so
and im doing my best but it will ease everything later one, i so believe that i should do it right or don't do it at all

thanks for your two cents
Old 01/31/2014, 01:58   #4

Please do us all a favor and fix the "Day 4" and "Day 5" headings in your post. They're not bold.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/31/2014, 02:01   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRambo View Post
Please do us all a favor and fix the "Day 4" and "Day 5" titles in your post. They're not bold.
im still styling the thread, but thanks for the notify however i expected a serious comment
Old 01/31/2014, 02:09   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKill. View Post
im still styling the thread, but thanks for the notify however i expected a serious comment
I don't really care much for private server development. I can give you something serious though: If I remember correctly, the reason your img tags don't work is because you need at least x posts (something like 15-20 or so) before you can use some certain tags like img and url.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/31/2014, 02:15   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRambo View Post
I don't really care much for private server development. I can give you something serious though: If I remember correctly, the reason your img tags don't work is because you need at least x posts (something like 15-20 or so) before you can use some certain tags on epvp like img and url.
im still glad you didn't troll much here :P
Old 01/31/2014, 02:32   #8

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
im still glad you didn't troll much here :P
There wasn't really much to troll yet. I am pretty sure those will come later.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/31/2014, 02:46   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
There wasn't really much to troll yet. I am pretty sure those will come later.
i know it's coming, but i tend to think of it as
if it's good then it's good and no one's opinion shall matter
and if it sucks then it sucks no matter how people like it
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/31/2014, 11:33   #10

I most certainly wish you luck and await updates from you!

A few tips I want to give you and for anyone else for the long run :

1. Document your code! Write /// summaries for each of your functions, it will be much easier to see what`s going on when looking back on code you`ve written X days ago.
2. Don`t rush into implementing features. First solve everything on paper. When it works nicely on paper and you think that you`ve found a really good solution, THEN you can implement it.
3. Don`t rush into minor optimizations. Make it work, then make it work better.
4. Look into design patterns, agile development, singletons, etc. They will help you understand how to organize your source in an awesome way.
5. Learn how to unit test (kind of included by 4) and test your code. Trust me on this one, you can thank me later for it.
5+1. Just keep doing what you`re doing and don`t mind the trolls.

Let`s see some nice updates.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/31/2014, 12:33   #11

Quote:

this was poorly coded by someone in an egy forum and they leeched the idea and was called "body guard" sadly it meant to have AI but they didn't really achieve the 'I' in it
that me.
it was just spwaning ur guard with the same owner spwanpacket.
(was just a follower) (just primay codes )

wish is there anygood ideas to leech

GoodLuck in ur Project.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/31/2014, 15:19   #12

elite*gold: 130
Small tips what you should think about when you are writing code.
Quote:
Good quality code avoids duplication, displays high cohesion, low coupling.
Coding style (commenting, naming, layout, etc.) is also important.
There is a big difference in the amount of work required to change poorly structured and well structured code.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/31/2014, 16:36   #13

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,145
Check out my signature for programming tips.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/31/2014, 17:00   #14

@KraHen thanks buddy for the tips, i think of the whole thing in my mind for hours before i touch the codes then i use small method with naming conventions and really long descriptive names to avoid commenting everything but yeah it become handy on the long term thanks

@abdoumatrix ouch sorry buddy and here is the logic im using
maintains distance no matter what (walking if dead, jumping or walking if alive)
revive or repeat in certain time
if AI owner isn't alive and AI bot have pray revive him
every 15 seconds their is a chance for bot to give you passive skill
that's it for yesterday, still going to work on other stuff today

@Spirited Fang thanks buddy that will definitly become handy as pro4never is sometimes lazy and tend to use spaghetti codes, personally i find it reasonable and perfectly fine logic but everyone warning me about it so i guess im going to have a look, thanks buddy
Old 02/01/2014, 00:41   #15

Quote:

@abdoumatrix ouch sorry buddy and here is the logic im using
maintains distance no matter what (walking if dead, jumping or walking if alive)
revive or repeat in certain time
if AI owner isn't alive and AI bot have pray revive him
every 15 seconds their is a chance for bot to give you passive skill
that's it for yesterday, still going to work on other stuff today
so it is selfish companion ignore his owner state and keep hunting for him self but sometimes it help him with his attacking mobs ,loot for him and revive

New idea to leech