Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 20:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Help] House System

Discussion on [Help] House System within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question [Help] House System

How to make a house system? any ideas? with dynamic map? without dynamic map?
Old 01/10/2014, 03:56   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
You would definitely want to use dynamic maps for a house system. Basically, the house owner loads a dynamic map, and loads terrain npcs to it for furniture. Some servers do it with static maps, saving each map which takes up a lot of space, but it can be done that way. I wouldn't recommend it though.
Old 01/10/2014, 04:12   #3

You can structurize it like this (basic);
Quote:
HouseId | HouseMesh | Owner
-Where HouseId simply gets assigned by an increasing counter,
-HouseMesh stands for the corresponding map (Different house types have different map id's but you knew that of course),
-Owner which stands for the person who is in possession of the house described by player id or character name perhaps.

As for seperating people from being in each other's houses;
Quote:
Player A would be in map {HouseId} but actually really in {HouseMesh}.

When {HouseId} is actually used to define his MapId to the server, the {HouseMesh} is used to notifiy the client of his actual location.

I suck at explaining so I hope this made it clear to you.
Old 01/10/2014, 06:42   #4

As for the furnitures, you might be close if you play around with NPC meshes, and I think you also need to assign a Flag to it. As most NPC will turn around to face you whenever they click them. Which is supposedly not suppose to happen for furnitures.

Well that's all I know though, I found some npc meshes before, don't remember em.