Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Portals

Discussion on Portals within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Portals

Hey guys, I have been trying to get the portals working in the game, because some of them are non-existent, and I also want to create new ones. I am using the cq_passway and cq_portal tables, but I am not sure how they are working exactly. I gather that in cq_passway, "passway_mapid" and "portal_mapportal" link to the table cq_portal in "mapid" and "portal_idx" However, I can't seem to figure out what "passway_idx" refers to? I tried relating the portals to each other... I used the portal to BI from TC to figure out a bit. Anyone have any idea what "passway_idx" links to, and what else I need to change to make portals appear/work? I notice there is a Portals.ini in the client ini folder.

So yeah.. any ideas?
Old 06/20/2013, 22:29   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
#reported: A mod will move this. This is related to private servers and not the official client imo.
Old 06/20/2013, 23:04   #3

Reported for what? I asked a programming question? This is the "CO2 Programming" forum. And instead of worrying about which sub-forum you think a post belongs under, you know it'd be nice if you could offer any help if you knew anything. (Which I'm sure you do.)
Old 06/20/2013, 23:48   #4

reported so a mod can move it. Nothing more.

This is a question regarding private servers. The ONLY thing that belongs in the co programming section is questions about programming for the official servers. Your question has to do with portal mapping in the TQ binary database files. Aka 100 percent private server based question.
Old 06/21/2013, 01:03   #5

Well if that is the case, then I think this forum should be renamed "CO2 Offical Programming" or "Official CO2 Programming or something of the sort. Otherwise, I don't see why it matters. It's a programming question related to CO2... -_-;

Back to topic... Are you going to offer any help, or are you just going to moderate the forums? I'm pretty sure you know everything I'm talking about; all I am wondering is what "passway_idx" is referenced to, and what else I need to edit for the portals to work/new portals. Specifically because you know I'm using your source, some of the portals that are supposed to work correctly, take the player to TC instead of the correct locations, and I'm trying to fix this.
Old 06/21/2013, 01:28   #6

The portals are linked by an ID. I've never gone anywhere near tq binaries or their databases so have no idea how they are structured.

I offered a simple explanation on how the forums have been organized for a very long time and am doing my best to keep the forum organized and easy to moderate.

This section = programming for conquer. Discuss game protocol, reverse engineering, anti bot checks, bot programming, etc.

Anything related to private servers just make this section messy and confusing which is why they've always belonged in the pserver question/discussion section (which already implies programming because well.. you have to program to make a pserver)

Done arguing with you. I did my job as a guardian and offered some feedback to help you avoid same mistake in the future and you seem to just want to argue for no reason.

Best of luck.
Old 06/21/2013, 03:07   #7

Even if it wasn't for official programming then this is still not a programming question.
Old 06/21/2013, 03:11   #8

Close the ******* thread, then. Jesus.
Old 06/21/2013, 05:25   #9

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,115
Stuck to the top of this section:

You don't have to get upset just because you put the thread in the wrong section. As the other members stated, a moderator will assist you in due time and put it in the right section. It isn't that big of a mistake. Regarding your thread, almost nobody here works with TQ Binaries. They're highly illegal, and thus most people won't go near them. The answer to your thread is that you'll have to write them in, one by one, or create a bot that will automatically add the official ones in as you jump through them. That, or wait for someone who has already done the work to give you them (but again, nobody works with TQ Binaries here). Good luck.
Old 06/21/2013, 11:07   #10

elite*gold: 83
Received Thanks: 6,036
Arrow CO2 Programming -> CO2 PServer - Discussions / Questions

#moved/closed (as asked)
Closed Thread