I'll start this out how any other noob story starts...
So I was trying to set up my server you know... and now I'm two steps and a penny flick away from ripping out every single hair on my noggin.
I got the server and all set up fine and I was able to connect to the client on the same computer, and then I moved on to configuring it for my LAN instead.
I know that the server is set up properly for other computers to connect, but every time I try to start the client from my second pc... It crashes. Sometimes immediately, sometimes when I click the password box, and sometimes during the authorization process.
In any event, it will not carry through the entire login on pc #2 but the few times that I managed to pass the login screen, I was getting the authorization attempt on pc #1.
I can't figure out, for the life of me, what is causing it exactly unless there is a compatibility issue of some sort. If I change the ip in my server.dat on pc #2 the client will either not show the server and freeze or show the server but not connect to pc #1, depending on the ip I change it to.
As far as the config goes, all IPs are set to 127.0.0.1 except for the server IPs in the mastersocket scripts, there I used the lan IP for pc #1.
PC #1 operates on Windows XP Home SP2
PC #2 operates on Windows Vista Home Premium SP2(I think) x64 with CoEmu running in x32 compatibility mode
So any takes on this?
Edit: I'm thinking there was a thread for problems with CoEmu v2, but I'm way too tired and didn't check too far, so relocate me if necessary.
That's what I was looking for anyhow, but there aren't any solutions in the 14 pages of posts.. most of that is the same gameserver problem over - and over - and over - and... Yeah...
So if anyone has ideas for me to try out, swing away - I'm open to suggestion
Here's some insight:
1. It only crashes when I use the correct IP for connecting to my server, any other IP doesn't cause it
2. I have reinstalled the client and game files several times
3. I have tried using a different client
4. I have tried using a different version
5. I have NOT tested on another xp pc as I don't have a 3rd to work with atm
CoEmu V2 does not work on 64bit nor does it work in 32bit compatibility mode.
I meant the client, not the gameserver. I have, however, changed it for the server to run on the 64bit (and it does, very well, after swapping in a different libeay32.dll) even though I haven't tested a LAN connection through it. So I disagree, CoEmu v2 does work on 64 bit and runs much more smoothly with 8 Gigs of RAM and quad core as opposed to 4 and single.
Well, I managed to get it working, just not from the 64x to 32x. It works fine going in the opposite direction so I just moved the server to my second pc >.<
now problem with log-in,cant figure it our :\ 04/16/2010 - EO PServer Hosting - 3 Replies ok,this is what happens,i can log on one time, then if i relgo i can logg in now more,im useign manniquien db
help me if you can :[?
EDIT:Ok,so this is what happening,i load up my servers perfectly,for some reason i cant log on,i just tenasfered to none hamchi with no-ip.com but it did this b4 i switch to non-hamachi,and everytime i logged in,i get the Disconnection messagae"Error:connection with server has been interrupted"
Hope that helps
Anybody figure out . . . 03/18/2010 - Archlord - 9 Replies How to trade unique accessories now, even though they are "bound". Just wondering if it is possible.
could someone figure this out? 12/05/2009 - Grand Chase - 5 Replies YouTube - EXP Hack in progress
this guy seemse to be doing a exp hack and monster lvl hack....
could someone please tell me how to do this?
how to vac this figure????? 10/25/2008 - Dekaron - 7 Replies how to vac this figure:
2348,6,60,60,6,2000,2000,1200,1000,0,0,0,50,2,0,4 ,
100,0,0,0
the 16th parameter in 100 not 3
where to increase decrease byte
Anyone Figure this out? 02/05/2007 - Conquer Online 2 - 7 Replies Hey has anyone figured out how to get into the conquer server and tap into ur account details and jump up the xp gold and other stuff like cps now? Becasue i will do big time for sumtin like that.......!