Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Making my own CO related game

Discussion on Making my own CO related game within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Making my own CO related game

Looking for 1-2 coders, an Html and a C++. I have 2 ammature html coders, a ammature C# coder, a good C++ coder, and am looking for 1 more C++ and Html coder!

Me and some friends are creating a Conquer related game. Andhave no lag 24/7 hosters who will b hosting it. All sales will be split with all staff memebers who contribute.

Any comments please email me at OR just leave a comment below.

Please no flamming its pointless
Old 01/15/2009, 07:11   #2

elite*gold: 20
Good luck. Chances are you'll need more than just someone that's good with code, but someone that is very good in D3D or OpenGL...
Old 01/15/2009, 07:45   #3

lol, question, if this is from scratch, how do you plan on creating the graphics, the same way as CO?

if not then you you're farther than i expected.

my advice is that you continue with your private server dude, i've seen the work for it, "IMO" you're not ready to start from scratch... well i mean go ahead and try O_o, but i wouldnt be making this public, i would start discreetly and start practicing further on.
-
Other than that, you should start learning at least some form of coding dude =/ you cant use my staffing methods and try to edit them, it wont work xD.
-
hope this has helped, good luck as i always say, and hopefully you'll pull something off with-in the year ^^
Old 01/15/2009, 07:53   #4

@andy thanks dude!
@zane well we have nothing but time so y not give it a try, a friends brothers doing c++ coding in college and I can do a little c# and a ton of friends r learning so I think were doing ok

Also y I posted this, a few more coders help would a b nice, plus we could use a good website =p
Old 01/15/2009, 13:40   #5

cool but let me tell you a few main things wrong with that xD

1.) Friend college, that means you really cant count on him. For awhile yea, but when classes start picking up, im sure hes gona have to pick his work over helping.

2.) C# is completely different than c++ lol im studying c++ at home on my spare time as well as C# lol good luck with that xD.

3.) yea we all have to start somewhere, so good luck, but you're not gonna get that many helping coders on a project like this if you're not good yourself, and since you havnt displayed any true info on the game besides "CO based" not really that attracting lol.

again though good luck xD. now go study C++
Old 01/15/2009, 15:32   #6

=P
Will do, I'm more of a HTML coder ATM so I pry will learn C++
Old 01/15/2009, 23:12   #7

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoven View Post
=P
Will do, I'm more of a HTML coder ATM so I pry will learn C++
Lol.
Old 01/16/2009, 02:16   #8

Lol a friends coding atm and i got a nice temp website going and yah im coding a good website so when we buy a domaine itl b better.

Also like 3 people + me all working on source so yah it will b a fun game and b out soon i hope :P

if u wana check it out, atm its nothing special :P
Old 01/16/2009, 03:27   #9

Sweet, Checkin it out now, Lookin for a good Pserver to put time into.
Old 01/16/2009, 07:43   #10

how do u like the site? ima redo it soon n have a intro n sections for like our pserver, then anouger for the co related game :P
Old 01/16/2009, 07:52   #11

Quote:
Looking for 1-2 coders, an Html and a C++. I have 2 ammature html coders, a ammature C# coder, a good C++ coder, and am looking for 1 more C++ and Html coder!

Me and some friends are creating a Conquer related game. Andhave no lag 24/7 hosters who will b hosting it. All sales will be split with all staff memebers who contribute.

Any comments please email me at OR just leave a comment below.

Please no flamming its pointless
I'm pretty good with HTML,PHP & CSS. I can help you if you want.

My email is
Old 01/16/2009, 07:55   #12

lol best bet, stop calling it "CO Related" lol, say something like "Inspired by CO" but right now by you saying "CO Related" I keep thinking... all that is a source written in C++ lol... which is kinda pointless.

since you're doing it by scratch, there's really no relationship to CO... unless you add all the stuff... which is again just a private server in C++ xD.
==================
all in all the site isnt that good, sorry but i personally imo think all ucoz sites are kinda useless and pointless... they just dont seem right to me lol.
==================
and lastly, I thought you guys closed down Crystal O_o eh, if not still good luck with it xD.
Old 01/16/2009, 07:59   #13

Yea, if they added me to helping them I would make them a custom CSS template. With a register page built in so people don't have to go to a Page to register. And I'm good at photoshop so I could make them a cool banner.

Also I would make them some phpbb forums.
Old 01/16/2009, 08:00   #14

@Zane
Yah i closed down CrystalCo because some1 hacked my computer and imputed a virus or somthing and there was no way to recover it. Ima re open it when my new comps comes. Its being made Monday.

got any suggestions on a website? i can code 1 its just i dont have a credit card so i cant buy a domaine.... im only 14

@playboy Thanks for the offer, i will email u tomarrow im on my ipod atm n hotmail fails on it haha
N yah I can make a goodieh site but I need photoshop so I can't make cool buttens or grafics etc so you will b a great help
Old 01/16/2009, 08:02   #15

Quote:
@Zane
Yah i closed down CrystalCo because some1 hacked my computer and imputed a virus or somthing and there was no way to recover it. Ima re open it when my new comps comes. Its being made Monday.

got any suggestions on a website? i can code 1 its just i dont have a credit card so i cant buy a domaine.... im only 14

@playboy Thanks for the offer, i will email u tomarrow im on my ipod atm n hotmail fails on it haha
Ok, lol. I already sent you an email so you can just reply to the email I sent you.

My email is if you didn't see in my previous post.