Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Question on bosses

Discussion on Question on bosses within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question on bosses

Hi all,

I tried to add new magictype field to monsterinfos table to add two skills to the terato dragon and other bosses, but they uses only 1 spell and may not use it btw of course I added the name of the field in the source, any ideas?

Edit1: btw I Respawm time of bosses can't be changed any ideas?
Edit2: sorry for much questions, but I wanna know the LavaBeast Spells names.

Old 09/23/2011, 07:53   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,347
If you want your bosses to support multi skills you'll need to change not only how the database stores the spell information but also how the source USES that information.

What I do personally is I made a list of spells that monsters can use and added that to the database. When I load my monster infos I store a list of spell structures that they have (exact same idea as how players have skills stored except I don't care about level/exp information so I set those to 0).

Once that's done in my monster attack processing I check if their number of skills is greater then 0 and if so I chose a random skill and process that skill as an attack.

The issue with that system is there's no support for 'cooldowns' or certain skills which are more likely to be used.

It would be somewhat easy to add though, just another few variables you'd need to store in your spell information table.

Thanks
1 User
Old 09/23/2011, 08:36   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
If you want your bosses to support multi skills you'll need to change not only how the database stores the spell information but also how the source USES that information.

What I do personally is I made a list of spells that monsters can use and added that to the database. When I load my monster infos I store a list of spell structures that they have (exact same idea as how players have skills stored except I don't care about level/exp information so I set those to 0).

Once that's done in my monster attack processing I check if their number of skills is greater then 0 and if so I chose a random skill and process that skill as an attack.

The issue with that system is there's no support for 'cooldowns' or certain skills which are more likely to be used.

It would be somewhat easy to add though, just another few variables you'd need to store in your spell information table.
I got it now thanks, about my 2 other questions ?!
Old 09/23/2011, 11:36   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
random spell use is not fun

@genius
If You coded it then respawn time should be relative easy. If you don't have respawn times in your DB (witch ever you use) then respawn time is set after mob dies. just look for it and add IF statement
Code:
 if ( mob.UID == 1 ) addseconds(40);
else  addseconds(4)
what so ever there is ton of way to do it.
If you want it to be time based LIke every xx:30 then just look in 5165 for example.

Thanks
1 User
Old 09/23/2011, 12:51   #5

Thank you pwerty

« Screen disstance | Console keeps showing exeptions for mob.cs »