Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[HELP] Problem with adding Soul gears (5165)

Discussion on [HELP] Problem with adding Soul gears (5165) within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[HELP] Problem with adding Soul gears (5165)

Hi,

I tried couple times to add it myself in to my [5165] client and source but i failed. i followed this Guid to add (he calls them Sub-class items) the Soul gears.

Here is the guide ->

well i did all of it but not adding it into itemtyp.dat cuz my itemtype.dat (client side) looks like this

so i don't see how i could add this into my itemtype.dat

So the only thing i didn't do is adding that to my itemtype.dat. and obviously the gears/weapons don't work.

Anyone could help me that i finaly can get those gears to work ?

Greets
Synergie x
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/13/2011, 17:20   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Itemtype is encrypted. There is a public .dat decryptor posted already on the forums if you run a quick search.

You need to unencrypt it, add the items and then re-encrypt it.

Keep in mind that soul gears will NEVER fully work on an older patch as intended. You may be able to get them to show but that's about the most you can do because the patch simply is not designed to run with them. The system did not exist back then.

It simply requires you to upgrade to a newer patch using w/e source you wanted to make the system fully working.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/13/2011, 17:53   #3

Well thnx for the help i'll see what i can do to make it work. then all is done if i putted it in the itemtype.dat or does the guide still keeps a secret ?

And btw:
the meaning of the souls are that the players could change between the normal styles and the soul styles , so the specs of the weapons and others are the same as the normal 130 ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Itemtype is encrypted. There is a public .dat decryptor posted already on the forums if you run a quick search.

You need to unencrypt it, add the items and then re-encrypt it.

Keep in mind that soul gears will NEVER fully work on an older patch as intended. You may be able to get them to show but that's about the most you can do because the patch simply is not designed to run with them. The system did not exist back then.

It simply requires you to upgrade to a newer patch using w/e source you wanted to make the system fully working.

Well the Armors works perfectly thnx , but the weapons still don't -> do i need to add them into weapon.ini too ?

Greets
Syn

Off-Topic: +1 Vote for pro4never as mod
Old 04/14/2011, 12:37   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergie View Post
Well the Armors works perfectly thnx , but the weapons still don't -> do i need to add them into weapon.ini too ?

Greets
Syn

Off-Topic: +1 Vote for pro4never as mod

You need a dbc editor.
Thanks
1 User