Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 05:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

weird traductions, the way of TQ

Discussion on weird traductions, the way of TQ within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
A friend of mine who plays on spanish version of conquer (DanyTheDark) told me how funny were some traductions from english > spanish

For example violet gem in spanish should be violeta but instead the traduction on game is violada >> violated lol

Well, and today he gave me a link to a story that was probably taken from CO2 website and translated with google or something o.0 You can even find some words in english on the text and even if you know spanish and english you can't understad $h!T
Let me translate a bit of the text back from spanglish to english and tell me if you can understand something xD

Quote:
Its a true history.
Beggining of IS to the outside intruducing to me myself. he is a taoist from the water of the level 48 and is called seven. I was leveled to up on the bandits when i was only lvl 29. I need it get more mana so when I get back to the city and I bought some. While there it satisface this girl who was on the same clan (the butt then), I shaked in here and said hi. She looked me at and wonderd. I said we are the same clan.
Then she said the oh hi, hey I said again time I said again time which one is up, he tried said I got here train with I (it got a hole) nd thatn she said nothing, just try he get hiles increase the levels.

He knew he had the right place, (I wonder sometimes how do I do it) lol...
anyway, I made what team I ask she to joint. I thought the palce that was the man I should make more damge than her, anyway, I got a bandit just when I was about to get my xp ability. I said so the "clock this". trying to show turned off as much as I could. the thunder used on a bandit and had a taste of the damge 63 she said, later she attacks the bandit and had taste of the damge 97 with do.

if it was an xp ability! I knew she was around the same lvl than me, and she still didnt do it. she left my with my mouth wide open. Then I decided, !I must GE stronger that she keeps being mana one day us where leveled again together and the other

individual of our guild came to us, we said hi, he was like the 20 lvls over me. then he was to the lvl as us and nothing he said that he two maried, I said no try to be really mature

by the way, the name of the individual is zaku
then aeris say zaku
"yes"

the will my house?
"ok"

it was like this because angry he was about to ask him!!
never did about a certaing reason
we added then to the friend list. then I started going to the C.C and the BI to ask to people at the plvl. Once when i was at C.C whent to the NPC u say with who I will like to get married. I want to get married string so I can invite to marriage me. it result that she got very day next maried with this trojan only 99999999 lvls stronger than me

not really the hes have taste of 5 levels stronger than me, I calculated, the shes happy be while happy.

The original story in spanglish is .

Well, just to comment this, most of the traductions are like this, on game, the way NPC talk and all that, the only part that has a good traduction was the page to buy dbs lol
Old 05/25/2007, 23:19   #2

haha, that's normal lol, you can't traduce exactly

translate this from romanian in english:

"Si m-am suit pe un cal si v-am zis povestea asa"

translate this
Old 05/25/2007, 23:48   #3

Quote:
Originally posted by sonybaci@May 25 2007, 23:19

translate this
lol I know is normal that google traductions or in general any website or software traduction is not exactly

but thats not the point, what kind of company will use google and place ****** translations into a game and the website without even taking a look on the result
wait nvm, TQ will

english > spanish translation results are really easy to "fix" (not as on romanian > english or spanish) but they didn't even tried :hm: well, like I said only the page to buy dbs is in perfect spanish lol

btw here is the translation from romanian to english:
Quote:
Si m am suite pe an horse si v am zis story asa
lol
now what will u think if TQ decide to make a romanian version of conquer using this kind of translation (english > romanian of course)?
Old 05/26/2007, 04:51   #4

I agree it is sad TQ would be so ignorant in this matter.
Old 05/26/2007, 13:43   #5

Hahaha, I'm that friend who plays in the "spanglish" version... xD
Really, the translation in spanish version is pure ****... :S
Old 05/26/2007, 16:17   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by hieitk+May 25 2007, 23:48--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hieitk @ May 25 2007, 23:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--sonybaci@May 25 2007, 23:19

translate this
lol I know is normal that google traductions or in general any website or software traduction is not exactly

but thats not the point, what kind of company will use google and place shitty translations into a game and the website without even taking a look on the result
wait nvm, TQ will

english > spanish translation results are really easy to "fix" (not as on romanian > english or spanish) but they didn't even tried :hm: well, like I said only the page to buy dbs is in perfect spanish lol

btw here is the translation from romanian to english:
Quote:
Si m am suite pe an horse si v am zis story asa
lol
now what will u think if TQ decide to make a romanian version of conquer using this kind of translation (english > romanian of course)? [/b][/quote]
lol that means: it's a story end formula in romanian

it's like this:

I buckled a horse and i told ya the story like that

something like that
Old 05/26/2007, 16:20   #7

Just to mention something, its translations, not traductions.
Old 05/26/2007, 16:21   #8

lo. TQ fails again >.>
Old 05/27/2007, 00:02   #9

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 3,452
ROFL TQ couldn't even translate from Chinese to English properly and that with using personnel in the USA; so what makes you think they could do it to Spanish using online translation engines :whow: