Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 22:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Safe Trading

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Safe Trading

if you ever try to hack someone's account, whats the safest way to trade over items

Old 12/11/2010, 07:11   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis1002 View Post
if you ever try to hack someone's account, whats the safest way to trade over items
make a b c d characters on different computers. a trades the item to b. b trades to c. c trades to d. d would be the seller in market. go to some shop without anyone around. sell for 1 gold to ur main character.

Old 12/11/2010, 23:41   #3

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharinggan View Post
make a b c d characters on different computers. a trades the item to b. b trades to c. c trades to d. d would be the seller in market. go to some shop without anyone around. sell for 1 gold to ur main character.
Tq can track the item by ID so unless you trade it through a large number of seemingly real characters/ips they will almost always be able to find the items without any issue.

What you're talking about it something people attempted (and failed) back in 1.0 days.... and is why ip/item logging was added by tq.

Best method...

--Preferably log a number of different real characters across your server but don't hack them.

--Setup some proxy mirrors across a number of ips (public computers such as a library or school computer lab would work nicely). NEVER log different accounts of the same ip.

--Drop items, pick up with different account/ip that has NEVER been logged on that ip.

And you're good to go ^^.

Preferably there should be a few steps in between (IE: Sell for 1 gold, then trade to a different character, then maybe drop it or do a few more steps if you really wanna throw them off a bit. More ip's and unique accounts you have access to the better.

Simply making lots of noob accounts to trade through is in NO way a method to avoid tq finding the items though.

<edit>

Oohh... this makes me think now... how would people feel about a 'dynamic ip proxy' type system? It would basically be a p2p system to mask your ip much like TOR network does for web browsing..

I have no desire to make one myself but it would be kinda cool... start it up on your computer and then every time you connect using the proxy ip it selects a random user to host your session.

Obviously you'd have to be VERY careful about how to handle authentication and security but in my mind it seems like a kinda cool system.
Old 12/12/2010, 12:13   #4

Lol.. There is NO way to hide the scammed items. All they have to do is check the ItemUID on the character that was scammed/hacked. Then they just search their database of items for the ItemUID and surely it will tell you on which character it ended up on.

They don't have to follow the trades to see where it ends up, that is just ridiculous.

Old 12/12/2010, 12:21   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigorio View Post
Lol.. There is NO way to hide the scammed items. All they have to do is check the ItemUID on the character that was scammed/hacked. Then they just search their database of items for the ItemUID and surely it will tell you on which character it ended up on.

They don't have to follow the trades to see where it ends up, that is just ridiculous.
well if you drop an item and pick it back up the itemuid changes

so they do have to follow a trail of trades and go by item name too.
Old 12/13/2010, 00:13   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian* View Post
well if you drop an item and pick it back up the itemuid changes

so they do have to follow a trail of trades and go by item name too.
Acctually no. Only the GroundUID changes, not the ItemUID. Basicly you pick up an item, say the UID is 500, you drop it and pick it up again and it's still 500.

Only the GroundUID changes. As in, it was 200 on the ground, you pick it up, drop it and it's now 252.
Old 12/13/2010, 01:51   #7

Quote:
Acctually no. Only the GroundUID changes, not the ItemUID. Basicly you pick up an item, say the UID is 500, you drop it and pick it up again and it's still 500.

Only the GroundUID changes. As in, it was 200 on the ground, you pick it up, drop it and it's now 252.
How dare you correct me in 2 different places. Here and on msn. Im ashamed.

Not of you, of myself though. D:
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/13/2010, 01:52   #8

Sowwie
Old 12/19/2010, 18:51   #9

wat if the owner gave u the items?
Old 12/21/2010, 17:53   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSeR1 View Post
you really deserve the name you use . read 10 more times and maybe you understand what they are talking about
Old 12/22/2010, 21:44   #11

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,311
Quote:

While it's obviously true they can track it via uid, if you were to pick up based on a different ip and accounts NEVER related, often tq won't take the items back.

yes, if tq decides it's a hack case they will just pull the items regardless of who has them but lets use a proxy for example...

Say player X uses my proxy fairly consistently and I log their information.

I then log onto their account using that same proxy ip that they usually use.

I then set up shop and put my items up for silver (instead of cp) and then buy them using a character NEVER logged on that proxy ip or related to that character..

often times in that type of a situation tq will just go "nope! It's your own fault!"

I know someone on dragon dropped a bunch of 2 socket items in jail cause they forgot to re-eq items after repairing cause there was server maint or something and my friend picked some of them up... Tq instantly suspended his account until the investigation could happen and when it was over he got to keep the items as it was the players own fault and the accounts were not related (so not a hack where he logged on to the acct from his own ip and dropped the items/let himself die in jail)

When it comes right down to it you need to rely more on scamming tq rather than fooling them into not being able to find the items.

There are PLENTY of ways to do that through using different ips and different ways of 'transfer'.
Old 12/24/2010, 02:56   #12

Quote:
If the owner gave you the items himself, and it was made from his own computer in his own house then surely TQ can see that he gave the items himself to you and you would not get banned.

But the items can still be returned to the owner, specially if he is a bulker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
While it's obviously true they can track it via uid, if you were to pick up based on a different ip and accounts NEVER related, often tq won't take the items back.

yes, if tq decides it's a hack case they will just pull the items regardless of who has them but lets use a proxy for example...

Say player X uses my proxy fairly consistently and I log their information.

I then log onto their account using that same proxy ip that they usually use.

I then set up shop and put my items up for silver (instead of cp) and then buy them using a character NEVER logged on that proxy ip or related to that character..

often times in that type of a situation tq will just go "nope! It's your own fault!"

I know someone on dragon dropped a bunch of 2 socket items in jail cause they forgot to re-eq items after repairing cause there was server maint or something and my friend picked some of them up... Tq instantly suspended his account until the investigation could happen and when it was over he got to keep the items as it was the players own fault and the accounts were not related (so not a hack where he logged on to the acct from his own ip and dropped the items/let himself die in jail)

When it comes right down to it you need to rely more on scamming tq rather than fooling them into not being able to find the items.

There are PLENTY of ways to do that through using different ips and different ways of 'transfer'.
You are just making it ridiculous, why would they care about the IP unless they want to confirm that it was not the owner himself that gave the items? All that crap you just explained has no purpose at all. It wont make anything harder for them.
Old 12/24/2010, 15:57   #13

Quote:
sleep deprived currently but uhh my mind is telling me that if you trade owner to your account and that owner files a hacking case then TQ can easily ban your account O.o

just befriend that person and then trade partner them (say something like you want to trade +8 item or idk zzzz) then uh yeah scam them O.O