Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Exploits, Hacks & Tools
You last visited: Today at 21:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Ultimate Scamming Information Guide

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Ultimate Scamming Information Guide
Version 1.2 - 2/16/07
Impeccable - EPvP

This guide is written entirely by me. All Information received by some one else, will be credited And noted. If any of the information below is listed elsewhere, I did not have any knowledge of it, unless otherwise noted.

ALL UPDATES TO THIS GUIDE PAST 1.0 WILL BE WRITTEN IN GREEN TO SAVE YOU THE HASSEL OF READING IT AGAIN

-Revision History-
--------------------------------------------------
2/16/07 - 1.2 Spelling/Formatting Errors, Item hide method.

2/14/07 - 1.1 Updated with scam protection information.

2/13/07 - 1.0 Released, Most Information compiled, Fixed many errors, Coded text for forum compatibility.
--------------------------------------------------

-Contents-

1.Introduction
Part 1 Account Theft
2.What Is a Scammer
3.Victims
4.Gaining Trust
5.Review
6.Preparation
7.Sealing The Deal

Part 2 Scamming Methods
Part 3 Scam Protection
Part 4 Item Hide Method

-Introduction-

I am (In My Opinion) The best scammer I know. In this guide I will teach you every thing I know about scamming, Including how to quickly adapt to new changes in the game, And how to use your targets stupidity against them. I have scammed countless Sockets, Hundreds of accounts, Hundreds of Supers, And Dbs, and Thousands of Mets and + Items. I terrorized Eudemons (Ny Server) And Honor, Fury, Baby Icey, And Thunder servers with my scamming tactics. So now, Those of you that have followed this far, Know about me, and about my skill. So read on and use your knowledge well.

Part 1 Account Theft

-What Is A Scammer-

A scammer is not to be confused with a Hacker in any way. It is degrading to be called a hacker when you are a scammer. A scammer is basically a corrupt salesman, Where a salesman tries his hardest to sell you something, A scammer tries his hardest to get something from you. A hacker would simply steal any thing they want with out consent or contact. Scamming is an art, You must practice speech craft and plan your attacks well, A good scammer will know exactly what to say, and how to save a scam if it is failing to go his way. An intelligent scammer is very devastating, and in this guide, I will teach you to be just that.

-Victims-

There are many different kinds of people in this game, And every single one of them has a flaw, Finding and exploiting this flaw is the hardest part of scamming. Here are some types of people you will deal with.

1.The Town Crier: This person will suspect your scam off the bat, and will spam that you are a scammer and get the word around fast. These people are usually very popular girl characters with poor gear. Avoid these people.

2.The Noob: This person will fall for your trick no matter how badly you pull it off. This person usually has terrible gear, or at least one good item, These people are good practice for beginners, and provide nice spare accounts.

3.The Dumb DB Buyer: This person is the jackpot, These people are rare, but relatively easy to find. This person will be someone you have never heard of, They usually have full super, or full super -5. These people are moderately challenging to scam, A great example of a "Risky-Payoff" since they are usually qualified for TQs new support rule.

4.The Popular One: This person is usually a female account, With lots of gear Given to them, These people are usually very easy to scam since they trust any one thinking they will get free items. However they will usually spread the word quickly about the scam.

5.The Account Sharer: This person will usually have pretty good gear, And shared between a few different people.

6.The Normal Player: This player has elites and supers, and decent items, Maybe even a socket. This person will be a middle grounds for scamming, It will take quite a bit of haggling to get what you want.

7.The Pro: These people are very good players, and very hard to scam, They usually have very good gear, and Are very cautious with their trust. These people are at the top of the food chain and will be your hardest target.

-Gaining Trust-

1.The Town Crier: This person is probably the hardest to scam for the simple fact that they are so stupid. Even if they fall for your scam they usually lack the intelligence to cary out your requests effectively. These people are best approached from a friendly angle, and scammed after weeks of talking and friendship. These people are rarely worth your time.

2.The Noob: Need I say more? I will, Noobs are very easy targets and many people scam noobs with out actually knowing it. These are people that you can easily scam. Usually by offering money or powerleveling or impressing them you can quickly gain their trust.

3.The Dumb DB Buyer: This is a player that doesn't have many friends and usually plays only for himself. These people are best approached as a fake [GM], or as a friendly girl character.

4.The Popular One: These people are fun, Take some time to grow trust through friendly talks and helping, Then help yourself. These people rarely have their recovery info, so you can bribe them with their account, gain more items, and keep the account. Be sure to clean out their friends as they will think you are the original owner, and offer to help any way they can.

5.The Account Sharer: One person usually puts the most work into the account and shares with a noob, The noob is the weakness, Befriend him and exploit him.

6.The Normal Player: This is a player you will practice on the most, These people wont fall for the noob scams so you will have to improvise and be consistent. Once you get the scam going they usually follow you through till the end. Surprisingly most of these people don't have account recovery.

7.The Pro: This is the true test of your skills. This person is not you (the person with 20 posts). This person has probably prepared himself for the worst and will not allow you to scam him easily, However, the higher you are the farther you fall, It make take a long time to get what you want, but the effort will be rewarded. This person is best approached as a friend and you should make your move when you gain access to his account.

-Review-

So far, Ive told you who to look for, and described how to approach them. Most of that was aimed at gaining account access. Scamming accounts is the greatest feat since you take all of the items, and you take down the person as well keeping them quiet. Read on to learn how to secure an account once you have the info.

-Preparation-

Getting the account info is hard work, so you wont want to waste all that effort with improper planning and execution. I will list the preparations in a step by step list, and then explain what each step means. However, Before I begin, I need to explain the universal password. The universal password is a quick password that you can use to fill out the login and password change forms with with out wasting time, and example of a universal password is"1111111111", This can quickly be typed and hard to guess.

1.Open 2 conquer clients, Put in the universal password.
Put in the universal password in both clients, so you can quickly login the account.
2.Open the password change page, fillin all the info you know.
Fill out the new password, and verification number boxes.
3.Have a scroll to every city on the account you are scamming with.
This is so you can quickly check all warehouses.
4.Start the scam.
Start the scam, Get the login information.
5.Follow step 2.
Fill out the username and password boxes, and change the password.
6.Follow step 1.
Paste the username into the login box of one client, Login and it will kick them off. Exit the client, and login on the second one.
7.Follow step 3.
Use the scrolls to take all the items. Take equipped gear first, then check market, then check twin city, then check for a house.

-Sealing The Deal-

Now you should have successfully stolen an account and stripped it of its items. From here you have a few decisions to make so you can get the most from your scam. You can add a warehouse password, Incase the account is recovered, You can pk on the account, Mine on the account, Or my favorite, Use the account to hunt with a bot. Be sure to try and scam this persons friends as well, And check virtue points and such. Now log off of the account, It will either be recovered within the hour or not at all. With the items on your noob account you can sort though them and decide what you really need and want. Sell off all of the easy to sell items such as mets and +1s, for cheaper
than normal, so you get them out of your way. Sell them on the noob account since you have a day or two before you have to worry about being banned, if you were reported. Once you have sold everything, you should only have some of the main gear left, unless you choose not to sell any of it. Move the items and money off of this account to another noob, then delete the first one and remake it, and leave it. Now that you transfered the items, Trade the money to a spare account, and then to your main. Trade the gear off againt to another account and try to sell it.

Part 2 Scamming Methods

Here I will explain methods of scamming.I will place the name of the person that submitted the scam under the title to keep them organized.

-Survey Method-
By:Impeccable

This is my favorite method. This method requires you to create a survey from a site such as . Then ask a series of questions acting like the survey is for free CP or DBS. Make your survey friendly and ask questions like "How do you feel about the new patch?" Continue asking questions like this, and ask their class, level, and what kind of gear they have, This will help you pick the good accounts out form the bad accounts, Make sure you ask for the login and password in the survey, Review the survey and make sure you are asking all of the questions you want, Then make a redirection page from .tk to make your url smaller (like cocp.tk). Now you are half way done.

So far you should have a small Redirection url from .TK which will lead you to your survey site. Now make a noob named CPLottery, or something of that sort, and teleport into market, leave the character there and type something like 'GO TO COCP.TK FOR FREE CP JUST FILL OUT THE GM FORUM FOR MILLIONS.' Once you do that, set a macro to keep spamming it over and over, People will visit your site, fill out the info, and then the site will save all of the submissions for you, Find the good ones, Use universal password method. And clean the accounts.

This scam has gotten me millions in gold, and hundreds of accounts, You can use this over and over and change it to accommodate any new update conquer releases. You can make your survey as appealing as you like, The more effort you put into it the more people you will scam. Improvising is the key here, If you do it good, people will sit infront of your noob in market and call you a scammer all day long yet you will still get people.

-Art Money Method-

This method is quite easy. It may not work often but is still decent. Find some one selling an account, Then offer them an amazing
amount of gold. Use art money to make the amount you want to offer, Show the person you aren't joking. Tell them to bring a noob, and tell
them you will show them the money on the noob, Tell them when they give you the login to the account, you will accept the trade and give
them the money. Once they give you the login, you know what to do.

-CP Swap method-

By: Impeccable

Noobs will always fall for trade scams, and this one is no different. Find a noob that is selling something for cp, Offer them the
cp, Start the trade, close the trade when you put the cp in, ask them why they closed it, and reopen it, Put the same amount in with gold
and they will usually go for it.

Rb Scam Method
By:horsex21

this scam works 8/10 times. Get rb full info say on message board selling "rb water-fire 10kk" or whatever rb yourselling. Tell them you'll let them test--- Give you 1/2----- Then you give them info---- and then give you another 1/2. of course you baill after they give you the first 1/2 which is 5kk. Then recover the char repeat.

-New Gem Scam Method-

This is a new take on an old scam, First you will need a Super and Normal Gem of the same type, Make sure they are offering dbs, then
put the SDG in, they will look at it and click agree, Close the trade. Now open the trade again, let them put one db in, then put in the
normal gem in and click agree, The trader will think they are scamming you, and quickly accept, Their greed will get the best of them and
they will lose alot of money.

-Item.Dat Mod Method-
By:AlmostxUntitled

There's also a REALLY hard scam to do but usually dumb players iwl ldo it
Pretty much get edited item.dat changed normal gems to to super then save it
spam that u need people to test a mod or something for conquer and then make up something that will get them to let u send them the edited item.dat and if all works out you will convince them to switch the item.dats and they will buy the normal gems off u for like 20 mill each

-Savings Bond Method-

Get a reborn, Make sure you have all of the recovery info. Put a message up on the message board saying 'I quit, giving my account
away." Go to market and tell any one that wants it to come to you, Make sure they have good gear, and give them the account login and password, and logout, Wait till you see it with good gear, or wait a few weeks, then recover it. Strip it and repeat.

Part 3 Scam Protection

When scamming you tend to build up an immunity to being scammed yourself. However, any one can get scammed, Trust can always be betrayed. Before you trust some one, ask people you know about this person, aks them what they think. Your friends are your greatest asset, as an extension of your eyes and ears they can get you the info you need. Most scams are done by stealing an entire account, Petty scams such as item scams will br covered lightly here.

Heres a list of things to watch out for when trading.
You may have heard some of these hundreds of times...

-Always check the items in the trade and make sure the trade is right.
-If you are doing a big trade, screenshot or fraps the trade so you have proof if needed.
-If it sounds to good to be true it probably is.
-Be careful selling accounts for PAYPAL, You can very have the money retracted.
-Never credit db codes that you haven't purchased, to your main account.
-Make sure your password is hard to guess.
-Never put gear on a purchased account.
-There are no item duplication glitches, don't fall for it.
-There are no db, met, cp, socket, or level hacks.
-No one can login to your account and give you free gear.
-Don't allow some one to scare you into giving them your password.
-If someone tells you they are a gm, ask to see their gm robe.
-Don't share your password with any one.
-Do any db trades on a spare account, in case of fraud.

Part 4 Item Hide Method
By: Impeccable

This is one of my best kept secrets, The Item Lock Method. This method makes items that you have scammed or stolen almost 100% untraceable. This method should be done after a big scam, Works well on db buyers, and should be done only after the items are on a new account.

What you need...

First you will need to make an account with a very hard name for every peice of equipment. I will use an example of 5 stolen items.

Account Login names.

FjfEj45435Hdfbs
FhM46Vjdk56vJf
fjueEEfEFJ442VV
DGRObkroj5059
FfdhdNfgnryyjr5

These accounts should use your universal password.

Once you have made all of these accounts, Create them on your server with an equaly hard name, Use many numbers and lower/UPPER case letters.

Take a newly created acount and the noob with all of the items to the market, to a secluded area, Drop one of the items on the ground and have the new account pick it up, Trade it back, Drop it, Sell it to your new account in the shop stall for 1 silver. Do this with every peice of equipment, Save the login names to a list, and delete the noob that the gear was on, Remake the account and let it sit.

Every few days check the accounts. If the noob is banned and the other accounts still have the gear on them, then you are free to go, I would sell the items on those accounts, or wait a few weeks if you plan to move the items to your main account. Do this method over and over as much as you like to ensure the safty of your items.

Please PM me your Scamming methods, And I will Add them. Make sure if you use any ones method that i post here to give them +k. All Updates will be Posted in Green. All contributers will be credited.

Thanks
143 Users
Old   #2

i love it +k for you

Thanks
3 Users
Old   #3

Loooooooong :P
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by CONQUER 2.0@Feb 14 2007, 02:21
i love it +k for you
Thank you.

Thanks
5 Users
Old   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by Impeccable+Feb 14 2007, 04:10--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Impeccable @ Feb 14 2007, 04:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--CONQUER 2.0@Feb 14 2007, 02:21
i love it +k for you
Thank you. [/b][/quote]
your welcome
Thanks
4 Users
Old   #6

wow i read that whole thing. its pretty good. Helps you not get scammed. Account sharing leads to scamming, easy enough. but i havn&#39;t thought of the gem one, thats good
Thanks
4 Users
Old   #7

I am going to add a new section for scam protection.
EDIT

Protection guide added.

<hr>Append on Feb 15 2007, 01:18<hr> Any one want to add any thing?
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #8

This is real good stuff, brillant, i really like the survey i never thought to put that in with conquer. Really good stuff. +K for u ^^
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #9

Thanks, I am adding a new method today.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #10

Listen to this scam works 8/10 times. Get rb full info say on message board selling "rb water-fire 10kk" or whatever rb yourselling. Tell them you&#39;ll let them test--- Give you 1/2----- Then you give them info---- and then give you another 1/2. of course you baill after they give you the first 1/2 which is 5kk. Then recover the char repeat.
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #11

Added
Thanks
1 User
Old   #12

There&#39;s also a REALLY hard scam to do but usually dumb players iwl ldo it
Pretty much get edited item.dat changed normal gems to to super then save it
spam that u need people to test a mod or something for conquer and then make up something that will get them to let u send them the edited item.dat and if all works out you will convince them to switch the item.dats and they will buy the normal gems off u for like 20 mill each

Btw I lovd your wording, it actually made me want to keep reading
Old   #13

Ill add it
Old   #14

Nice guide but how to use art money? I always wondered how ppl use it :?
Old   #15

elite*gold: 20
well most of the time u can tell when people are using art money unless ur a noob