Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Exploits, Hacks & Tools
You last visited: Today at 02:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

A Guide to Not Being Scammed.

Discussion on A Guide to Not Being Scammed. within the CO2 Exploits, Hacks & Tools forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
A Guide to Not Being Scammed.

The reason I wrote this guide is that there are so many recources for people who want to scam, while there are so few for those who want to not be scammed themselves. I'm all for a fair game, how about you?

There are many ways to be scammed. The reasons for most of these are,
#1 Carelessness,
#2 (over/mis)Trust,
#3 Impatience,
#4 Misreading
#5 Not Reading
#6 Dealing in Accounts
#7 Carelessness (Yes Twice)

Those are the seven things that can cause you to get scammed. There are certain high risk things you should avoid that might not seem obvious (but should be red flags)

Don't repair your items in town, Guards won't stop someone from killing you - even though it's very unlikely they will get anything you drop (them being dead too), and this includes twin city unless you have business there 100 gold isn't a high cost to repair your items somewhere safe.

Don't trade with people in town or anywhere you can PK/be PKed.

Don't share accounts - not with friends or family, or if you're the trusting type - don't share an account with anyone you can't talk to face to face.
The friends and family bit only applies to friends and family who don't understand/respect your intentions for a character. If you do share accounts make sure they know that they are the only people or who else you share with so they don't give away your information, make sure they are capable of not being scammed (while playing your character), and that they have basic understanding of the value of items (so they don't use a normal socket +2 to +3 your elite)

Don't share items - they didn't really steal it if you gave it to them.

If it sounds too good to be true - it probably is.

If someone cancles a trade with you - assume they don't want to trade and walk away.

Don't trust anyone low level, especially if they 'apear' to have more money than you.

Always read the description of things you buy, even in stalls. Just because it's next to a +1 stone, it looks like a +1 stone, is priced the same or even smells/tastes the same as a +1 stone doesn't mean that it is one.

There are no such things as 100 packs of meteors/meteor tears. There are 10/5 Packs.

Don't Buy DB's For Real Money. This is a blatant scam. Don't buy something that doesn't actually exist.

Don't try to do business with someone you can't understand/who doesn't understand you.

If for some reason you decide to deal in accounts with someone you don't have full trust in, make them go first. If they refuse then refuse to deal with them (it's not saying they don't trust you perhaps they've read this too) it's just being safe.

Resummon guards after you kill someone.

I don't have anything against people who scam, or those who have been scammed, I have been on both ends and it can be rewarding and it can be brutal. Play the way you want. Most importantly have fun.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/19/2007, 03:32   #2

excellent, most of this is common sense, however..you can clearly see from scanning these forums alot of ppl are lacking just that! i'm sick of ppl crying about getting hacked! its not simple to hack somones account, most ppl who are "hacked" are the ones that have trusted somone the other side of the globe only to wake up one morning to have there gear stolen! *shock horrror*
Old 03/24/2008, 15:26   #3

this isen't a, anti scamming forum..
Old 03/24/2008, 21:41   #4

good point
Old 04/01/2008, 06:34   #5

I have the ultimate of way of not getting scammed.....

OK here it goes.....

1. Don't play
2. if you do play don't trade not even with NPC's
3. Don't join a guild or teams "they are evil"
4. You'll get scammed if you are gay just because thats why.
5. you will get scammed if you are an egyptard.
6. Don't pick up items or money..... its on the ground for *** sakes.... its dirty... remember to wash your hands.... *** **** it.
7. You'll be scammed for reading this piece of ****.....

Thanks for you patiences and time.... I have your password and user name now hahahahaha regards your mama.

oooh oooh one more thing.... step 8. i still have your password and user name.

lolz
Thanks
1 User