Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Call of Duty
You last visited: Today at 16:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Ricochet in a year...?

Discussion on Ricochet in a year...? within the Call of Duty forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Ricochet in a year...?

What do you guys think cheating in COD will look like in ONE years time, around the release of MW2 2022

Do you think it will be as big as it is now or what do you guys think?
Old 01/09/2022, 05:08   #2

elite*gold: 88428
Received Thanks: 1,071
I think that when next COD is about to drop, Activision will release a big announcement about how Ricochet is about to get super good. They will email all their users spam about what they're about to do again. They will have some rebrand of Ricochet, fake new members joining the team, and outline fake plans for it.

Then when preorders and launch sales do well, they will take 90 days to do some limited version of what they promised, if at all.

I want Ricochet to improve. I want to see pasters suffer. It won't though if I had to bet.

It was birthed from a PR stunt.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/10/2022, 02:53   #3

elite*gold: 51
Received Thanks: 2,055
After doing a lot of testing, Ricochet did serve one good purpose, which was how malicious shadow bans, permanent bans and HWID bans are on PC's. As for the actual prevention of cheaters, it's done **** all.

They advertised it as this saving grace that would prevent people from cheating and completely clean the game up. All it did was make it a little more annoying to cheat after you've been banned.

In a year, we'll be in the same place as we are now - at the road of little impact. But, as Zebleer said, they'll PR stunt the **** out of it come preorder time so all of the **** riding hillbillies that think Activision-Blizzard gives a **** about them will give them their 60$.
Old 01/10/2022, 06:08   #4

I'm personally just a full time cheater now because it's not fun anymore. I honestly think they should just let consoles play againts consoles. It's not even fun
Old 01/10/2022, 07:42   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsev View Post
I'm personally just a full time cheater now because it's not fun anymore. I honestly think they should just let consoles play againts consoles. It's not even fun
This way games on PC are dead within the year. They realized that and started doing crossplay to give games extra mileage.
Old 01/10/2022, 09:30   #6

elite*gold: 24
Ricoshit will improve by the end of the year, and guess what else will improve as well? Cheating.

So, back to square one and again pull another PR stunt on how they gathered enough data during the year to improve their Anti-Cheat and glory the heck out of it when deep inside of them they know, that all they did was just scratch the surface.

In my opinion at this stage, they had more success scaring some providers from selling their cheats rather than detecting their loaders/cheats, so overall I think it’s pathetic after all that $$$$$ wasted…

they are better off taking care of their staff building something decent from the ground up covering all aspects who are motivated and love what they are doing rather than just trying to squeeze every human they put their hands on and screw them over as soon as they can!!
Old 01/10/2022, 14:55   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsev View Post
You can do console only play on Warzone/MW and other CODs on PS4/PS5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0x41^4 View Post
After doing a lot of testing, Ricochet did serve one good purpose, which was how malicious shadow bans, permanent bans and HWID bans are on PC's. As for the actual prevention of cheaters, it's done **** all.
Yeah Ricochet should be called "Crossfire". Because that's what their legit players get caught in because of what we do.

It shouldn't even be acceptable that so many innocent legit players get shadowbanned for up to 2 weeks, but Activision clearly doesn't care - at all.
Old 01/10/2022, 22:34   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreyMan View Post
This way games on PC are dead within the year. They realized that and started doing crossplay to give games extra mileage.
Yeah most people are newbies who use consoles we live in a poor world )
Old 01/10/2022, 23:03   #9

elite*gold: 88428
Received Thanks: 1,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreyMan View Post
OK now you're spitting facts.