Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Cabal Online > Cabal Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 22:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[GUIDE] Multi Client VMware setup for any game (pic.s included)

Discussion on [GUIDE] Multi Client VMware setup for any game (pic.s included) within the Cabal Guides & Templates forum part of the Cabal Online category.

Closed Thread

Old 07/25/2008, 05:46   #166

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbus View Post
hi,

i have a problem... i make the same in the tutorial but i a error when i install Windows:

pls help me
You might not want to be playing Cabal while trying to install VMware. VMware is a resource hawg and Cabal is a poorly programmed game that sucks up more resources than it should.

If you guys are installing VMware while running other applications that might take up a lot of resources that could be your problem.
Old 07/25/2008, 05:51   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by znav View Post
ei phatal...im having some problems..VMware says that "operating system not found". what should i do..
You will have to search for an "Original" version of of your OS. An OS that was perhaps tested by the VMware crew. If you try an OS that has SP2/SP3 already then there is a good chance it will not work or you will have other issues down the road.
Old 07/25/2008, 05:56   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by pringpring View Post
guys, i was having this error while i was installing. MAYBE, the reason was, i was botting with my host, while i was installing. lolz. i figured maybe there might have been a memory sharing violation. so what i did was, i closed everything, even explorer, then reinstalled VM. which, after wards installed succesfuly.
Yes. Don't run other resource hogs while trying to install a bigger resource hog.

Quote:
tho my problem now is, im done installing cabal on VM, but when i run it, it doesnt do anything. i tried the updater, but it only gave the d3d9.dll file not found error. (not sure of the file name but something like that). i searched that file from the orig host folder, but there was no such file. any thoughts on this?
Did you allow VMware to install the "unsigned" drivers when installing VMware?

Quote:
also i would like to note,
we alloted 8gigs as HD right? maybe that was wrong, maybe we needed to add more since after installing VMapps+OS+cabal, i was down to 130++ mb left on my HD and that doesnt sound very good. maybe 16gb as starting would be nice? thoughts?
8 gigs is really too much. You just need enough space to install windows and Cabal. I made 1 host that had only 5 gigs and still had space left over.

Quote:
but i made 2 clients ran. just not happy with it coz sometimes, the 2nd client takes forever to load from GG to login page and the taks manager always shows as 100% CPU usage (is this that bad?)
100% cpu is to be expected. Would you rather see 80% knowing that 20% is there doing nothing?

Good Luck.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/25/2008, 16:58   #169

hi

i have a new problem ^^
now i can start cabal with cabal rider... i go ingame an go to my location to farm. Now when i click on Start Robot responded the game no longer... but when i stop the bot, the game works...

Whats Wrong ?

my System:

Intel Quad Core 6600
Gefroce 8800gt
2gb Ram
Old 07/26/2008, 02:25   #170

Did you allow VMware to install the "unsigned" drivers when installing VMware?

-it never asked for one, not that i know of, been watching installation from a-z but it only asked to install VM tools.

also, i already fixed the d3d9.dll problem and i think its a driver so i searched that thru the host system folder and copy pasted it on the VM system folder and its all good. then the next problem was directx9, and luckily, i have one on my card driver, so again its all good. i hope this helps if any encounters the same.

100% cpu is to be expected. Would you rather see 80% knowing that 20% is there doing nothing?

-yep, that right. i have it up and running now, BUT my problem is, its really slow. even laggier than using sanboxie (which is already a pain). task manager shows flat out 100% usage (im really not comfortable with this coz i think this means im burning my processor faster than i should, might be ok if it was bumping from 80-100-80 but its stuck at 100%) i tried running the bot at my host and well, it lagged even more. ima buy another 512 ram maybe later and i hope total 2gig dimm would be enough for my venture.

last question, found out my specs
AMD sempron LE1150 2.0gig
winfast k8m890m2ma model 2 slot dimm board
1x1gig generic dimm
1x512mb generic dimm
512 mb (i think raeon/MSI) vid card

-what do u think about this?can u rate it? seller said vid card can double its speed up to 1 gig
-do u suggest i get a p4 3.0 processor? or add 1 gig more ram making it total 2gigs? which is better? coz dual core would be a pain in the pocket here so these are just my options.

ty
Old 07/26/2008, 02:55   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbus View Post
hi,

i have a problem... i make the same in the tutorial but i a error when i install Windows:

pls help me
i know how to solve this problem. but i will not share because 3 of my bot got banned yesterday reinstalling is not the solution but i will give some hints you need cabal to love your vmware ^_^

as i said you really need a super PC to run this VMware 6.5

base on exp

x2 processor can run 2 1 host 1 guest. but my x2 is not a monster rig just normal

my core2quad can run upto 7 4gig mem , striker2 , 9800GTX

my p4 socket 478 can run only 1 cabal no vmware install ^_^

you see phatal sig? his rig setup. you cant do what phatal rig can do if you dont have that kind of specs.

you need to overclock.... your CPU to its limit nyahahaha
Old 07/26/2008, 09:34   #172

hi,
i dont have this problem now.
now i can start cabal with cabal rider... i go ingame an go to my location to farm. Now when i click on Start Robot responded the game no longer... but when i stop the bot, the game works...

Whats Wrong ?

my System:

Intel Quad Core 6600
Gefroce 8800gt
2gb Ram
Old 07/26/2008, 17:56   #173

Hi, first of all I would like to say this is a great guide =D

Unfortunately, I'm not a cabler but a mapler instead, and had tried to use the same tactic as well, 1 for my hb mule and the other for my main to train. Sadly, as you can see from my com's spec:

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
Memory: 2550MB RAM
Display Memory: Integrated 128.0 MB

... could be sent to the trash. Furthermore, I've encountered the errors faced by other users here. However, after troubleshooting, I managed to fix all errors and everything is running as smoothly now. As my com could not support 2 maplestory in vmware (No Core2duo for me =(), I had to open 1 on my host instead. The first error I got after 1 min was:

*** VMware Workstation internal monitor error ***

I then tried another method. After loading maple in the guest, I click on the close button and had it run in the background instead. I then used DXwnd... and to my surprise, the error was gone. Unfortunately, the guest could only last for a maximum of 15 mins before producing another error, the one everyone have.

I managed to fix it by adding the following lines:

Default Location in:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware Server\config.ini

prefvmx.useRecommendedLockedMemSize = "TRUE"
prefvmx.minVmMemPct = "100"

Default Location in: Your ".vmx" file

sched.mem.pshare.enable = "FALSE"
mainMem.useNamedFile = "FALSE"
MemTrimRate = "0"

I have also disabled Vmware's debugging, which is enabled by default by doing the following.

Default location in C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Workstation

Rename vmware-vmx-debug.exe to vmware-vmx-debug-orig.exe
Make a copy of vmware-vmx.exe and rename the copy to vmware-vmx-debug.exe

Which speeds up vmware quite alot =) Now I have maple running in the background, controlled wirelessly by my psp and doing all the things that's needed of it.

Hope this helped. =)
Thanks
4 Users
Old 07/27/2008, 02:36   #174

can someone help me why my VMware close when i select and login my character
Old 07/27/2008, 04:12   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlro View Post
I have also disabled Vmware's debugging, which is enabled by default by doing the following.

Default location in C:Program FilesVMwareVMware Workstation

Rename vmware-vmx-debug.exe to vmware-vmx-debug-orig.exe
Make a copy of vmware-vmx.exe and rename the copy to vmware-vmx-debug.exe

Which speeds up vmware quite alot =) Now I have maple running in the background, controlled wirelessly by my psp and doing all the things that's needed of it.

Hope this helped. =)
Wow! Good stuff there bro. Never thought to do something so simple.
Old 07/27/2008, 11:34   #176

hi

in this location:
Default Location in:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware Server\config.ini
is not the config.ini by me...
Old 07/27/2008, 14:10   #177

Hello phatal im having a problem here everytime I clicked the "startgame" at the launcher then sa gameguard pops up and then the cabal loading screen appears then suddenly it dissapears all of a sudden.

ps. uhmm my nvdia control panel under the 3d settings doesnt have the threaded optimization option ~_~
Old 07/27/2008, 22:25   #178

Hey its unplayable for me.
My Pc
Amd Athlon x2 64
6000+ 3.01 Ghz
3 GB ram DDR2
ATI Raedeon Sapphire HD 4850

But why? If i start Cabal in guest its near 100% CPU its laggy.. how du you can play or let botting lol
Old 07/28/2008, 11:25   #179

Can this work on cabal ph????
Old 07/28/2008, 15:36   #180

How to?

Hello. I was able to install everything in the virtual machine but everytime I run the CabalRider, I receive an error stating that the GG encountered an error. Can anyone point me to the right direction? Thanks!
Closed Thread