Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > C/C++
You last visited: Today at 01:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Learning to code mmorpg bots

Discussion on Learning to code mmorpg bots within the C/C++ forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Learning to code mmorpg bots

Hello, ill start by explaining that i looking to learn how to code mmorpg bots for personal information and learning.

What i have set up so far to start testing.

I have a private lineage 2 server running on a pc at my house and what to learn how to decrypting packets and injecting ddl.

How ever i am very new at this and not to sure where to start. I was hoping somebody could share his knowledge with me and maybe some tutorials.

This is my private server i dont intend to be hacking a companys game or anything this is purely educational.

Im starting from scratch i know the basics of C++.

Im willing to spend the time and effort to learn just need a push in the right direction.

Thx

Old 06/29/2019, 15:12   #2

Study existing open source bots for MMORPGs

Old 07/01/2019, 14:12   #3

There is a lot of way you can achieve your purpose ... there is alot of tutorials going on the web.... Stackoverflow ... is a good site to learn... ...

Old 09/08/2019, 19:41   #4

elite*gold: 70
Actually it's kind of individual, every mmorpg game has its own packets building and own platform. Generally, .NET and C++ could do the job for the start.

Old 09/11/2019, 20:05   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqdev View Post
Study existing open source bots for MMORPGs
don't actually do that
you'll end up in a pitfall and most likely pick up bad practices from other bot developers
just learn the core fundamentals e.g. [Architecture of your Game] Assembler (x86/x64) instruction set, C/C++, UNIX sockets to help you understand how network communication works in applications/games and most importantly, the art of reverse engineering
don't forget about motivation :p

have fun
Old 09/12/2019, 15:12   #6

You are right. He should not pick up of the bad coding practices. However, he may be able gain a general understanding. Using the brain is the key to success.

Greetings ~

« GDIPLUS Memory Leak | - »