Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > C/C++
You last visited: Today at 01:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Reading pointer from injected dll

Discussion on Reading pointer from injected dll within the C/C++ forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Reading pointer from injected dll

Hey,

So I inject a DLL into a game and i try to read the pointers that i found with CE.

CE address:

Code that i tried to get the values with
Code:
HANDLE handle = GetModuleHandleA(0);
DWORD *baseAddress = (DWORD*)handle;
DWORD value = *(DWORD*)(*(DWORD*)baseAddress + 0xE750F4);
But this returns the wrong value

Any ideas?
Old 02/01/2016, 08:40   #2

elite*gold: 8
Try:
DWORD value = *((DWORD*)handle + 0xE750F4);
Old 02/01/2016, 08:43   #3

^ this and are you sure that this one is static?
Old 02/01/2016, 10:34   #4

elite*gold: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogier55 View Post
Code:
DWORD base = (DWORD)GetModuleHandleA(0);
DWORD val = *(DWORD*)(base + 0xE750F4);
^
Old 02/01/2016, 15:09   #5

elite*gold: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by qqdev View Post
Try:
DWORD value = *((DWORD*)handle + 0xE750F4);
This won't work due to pointer arithmetics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac'que View Post
Code:
DWORD base = (DWORD)GetModuleHandleA(0);
DWORD val = *(DWORD*)(base + 0xE750F4);
This won't work if you're working in a x64 application.
Why is every *** **** newbie (excuse that word, but it was my experience so far) so obsessed with using DWORD as pointer type? Even the winapi does have something like UINT_PTR. In my opinion it's just bad coding style and shows that the programmer didn't make his own basic thoughts and / or has no idea what he is doing and / or is just C&Ping.

With best regards
Jeoni
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/01/2016, 21:14   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeoni View Post
This won't work due to pointer arithmetics.

This won't work if you're working in a x64 application.
Why is every *** **** newbie (excuse that word, but it was my experience so far) so obsessed with using DWORD as pointer type? Even the winapi does have something like UINT_PTR. In my opinion it's just bad coding style and shows that the programmer didn't make his own basic thoughts and / or has no idea what he is doing and / or is just C&Ping.

With best regards
Jeoni
^this
I agree with you and I assume these beginners simply watched some crappy YouTube tutorial and c&p the exact same code without understanding the concept behind it (which I noticed quite a lot, especially in this forum).
He should at least have used some C++ casting instead of c-casts for dereferencing like:
Code:
*reinterpret_cast< std::uintptr_t *>(0xDEADBEAF)
Old 02/06/2016, 18:11   #7

elite*gold: 8
Because it is all over the internet Better tell how to do it right and leave the other part out.