Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Battle of the Immortals
You last visited: Today at 12:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[C++] International C++ Bot: Beta Release

Discussion on [C++] International C++ Bot: Beta Release within the Battle of the Immortals forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 07/20/2011, 00:22   #1336

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by phahx View Post
A few things, you say you code purely for educational purposes, yet you are making money? scholars don't make money off of educational experiences.
Its not a donation really, it'd be purchasing a full version of a product.
You shouldn't make people pay for this...just saying. your contradicting yourself.
This is something that he does to learn, and if he can make enough money to take care of a few of his needs by doing it. There is no set price, no one forcing someone to purchase anything. He does this of his own free will, and does it freely, however you have to realize that doing such things does take money and while he is doing this, he is not making money elsewhere so those of us that have donated have full access now to the beta version rather than having to wait for the end product.

Inathero, your time and efforts are much appreciated, please continue with your work.
Old 07/20/2011, 00:54   #1337

@girmak thanks for answering for me XD that's basically the jist of it.

@phax, continuing with what girmak said, There's a reason why there is a limit for the "free" version and unlimited one for the "donator" version. If someone pays money for something, and something in that product doesn't work, they'll contact the person they got it from demanding the thing to be fixed, or atlest saying that something doesn't work. So far this method has been working great and I got alot of feedback that helped me with my trainer.

As to why the free version is limited, its because if it was an unlimited time frame, people would just take it, use it, and would be like "oh this doesn't work, oh well", or what not and would have a "CBA" mode to reply back. infact, at the time of this post, there has been 66 downloads of my bot and I only got 1 feedback and that was via PM. That's more than the usuall 300+ with only 1 response. I'm here to learn from my mistakes and to make my stuff greater and for you all to enjoy it, if you guys don't want to help me out giving feedback, it's harder for me and it slows down the speed that I can pump out updates.

Not only that, but as time went on with my bot being "free", people became lazy and wanted me to do all their work for them. They wouldn't read the f.a.q, wouldn't read the posts, wouldn't do anything. Quite a few of them actually demanded that I do stuff for them as if they owned me. I just got fed up of the attitude of ePvP which is why I stopped responding to replies and such.

Back to donators, people who donate are serious about this and would be committed to helping out this project. So far, nearly all of those who donated have been absolutely pleasant to talk to and were very helpful and kind to me. IF everyone in ePvP were like those who donated, I would make this an unlimited public beta without a second thought. However, this is not the case and that's why it's private.

If you have any more questions about this matter, feel free to ask ^^
Old 07/20/2011, 01:09   #1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inathero View Post

As to why the free version is limited, its because if it was an unlimited time frame, people would just take it, use it, and would be like "oh this doesn't work, oh well", or what not and would have a "CBA" mode to reply back. infact, at the time of this post, there has been 66 downloads of my bot and I only got 1 feedback and that was via PM. That's more than the usuall 300+ with only 1 response. I'm here to learn from my mistakes and to make my stuff greater and for you all to enjoy it, if you guys don't want to help me out giving feedback, it's harder for me and it slows down the speed that I can pump out updates.
Heh in relation to the feed back on broken items... well I'd like to find something that is broken in order to give it... but you do such a great job that it works flawlessly when you simply read the posts here.
Old 07/20/2011, 01:49   #1339

Well, according to Fantasma, I presented the bot wrongly, it doesn't do what I advertised, many things are broken, buff slots don't work, autoloot is bad, it doesn't heal the pet, it needs to have internet connection "all the time", and it uses a crapload of system resources lol. So I thought there's something wrong with it XD
Old 07/20/2011, 02:15   #1340

Well... for me buff slots work flawlessly, autoloot is kind of nasty(but heavens feathers are cheap), pet heal works flawlessly, yes internet connection is needed, who dont have that on BOI anyway... and yeah it could prolly use some optimization, does use some resources but hey what I am doing with a quad core cpu and 4 gb of ram if not using it anyway lol.
Old 07/20/2011, 02:18   #1341

i'm on quit core with 6 GB of ram. it takes around 3mb when running and an average of 1% cpu. he said it was taking around 20-25%. is it high for yours aswell? because it shouldn't be taking that much cpu resources o.o. If so, means a leak's there and that needs to be fixed asap.

for the upcomming version 0009, I have reworked autoloot a littlebit. It's still uses the same idea as before, but works in harmony with the attack slots and doesn't destroy your screen XD
Old 07/20/2011, 03:23   #1342

I am 14 and my mom won't donate for me.. what should i do T_T
Boting saved me a lot of time and helped me with my study.. but now it's kinda messed up for me T_T
Old 07/20/2011, 03:28   #1343

ask if you can mow the lawn or wash the car for 5$ or what not. or somehow get 5$ (it's not that hard), present it to your mom, and ask for her to donate 5$ because you're giving her 5$. I wouldn't see why she'd refuse that o.o
Old 07/20/2011, 06:13   #1344

Running average of 1% cpu, and goes between 2 and 5 mb depending on whats happening at the time.
Old 07/20/2011, 06:17   #1345

0010... missing the check box for Skill Slot #1
Old 07/20/2011, 06:18   #1346

K that's great, that's what's suppose to happen ^^. As I optimize code, the memory imprint will go down ^^

------------

Forgot to click reply >.>

@second post. Checkbox was removed because it was useless. The bot automatically uses slot 1 to attack enemies and to select new targets. even if it was unchecked it would still use slot 1 to start combat. So I removed it because it didn't serve any purpose.
Old 07/20/2011, 06:41   #1347

thats cool I just wanted to make sure it was on purpose and not an over-site
Old 07/20/2011, 06:42   #1348

it's all good, and yea, on purpose.

On the next update i'll probably remove speedhack from teh trainer, as it's taking up wasted space.

and man, I really erally really need to learn how to code tabs in C++
Old 07/20/2011, 07:11   #1349

I should really get back into coding stuff... used to do abit of C and C++ myself... but I cant seem to remember much at this point... maybe if I can get some time here shortly I will actually apply myself for it... while I am thinking about it isnt \t the tab character or are you talking about something else
Old 07/20/2011, 07:16   #1350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inathero View Post
it's all good, and yea, on purpose.

On the next update i'll probably remove speedhack from teh trainer, as it's taking up wasted space.

and man, I really erally really need to learn how to code tabs in C++
Can always default on MSDN or codeproject to help you get started with it.