Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

What happened?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
What happened?

There was a guy on here sometime mid summer last year that was asking for testers with WOI CoW files and then he disappeared around the end of September and never came back online on skype or here. It had the makings of a great CoW server and then the guy just vanished. It was full on CoW too and it was disappointing cause the guy basically ditched on a group of testers that were eagerly awaiting a new CoW server to be started. Is there anyone with the FULL CoW patch for WOI that is working on a server or is there anything of the sort in the works? I'm tired of seeing BOI....wait there's more BOI...OH WAIT LOOK AT THIS...BOI AGAIN! I get it, it's a great game. Some people aren't fans of WOI because of the whole story behind it let alone most just write it off as the same game but don't even really try to play it and see the clear differences in gameplay and some of the mechanics involved. Please for the love of *** tell me there is someone out there doing this up.

Old   #2

Currently playing WOI mortal. It has most of the things in cult of the wyrm, even gears from official like new oracle accessories. New pets. They claim that they will apply new gears and pets from Chinese official server.

Old   #3

Why not just apply the whole expansion....? ._. **** getting pieces and parts of it. Not interested if it isn't the real thing. Don't gimme that shpeel about "Oh it's basically the same" No. No it's not. Trust me. I've played a pseudo Legendary Crusade before with pieces and parts of CoW and it wasn't that great.

Remember WOI Twins/Conqueror? Yeah they tried that and it didn't go so well.

And then they blocked off anyone from their pages that called them out for lying to players and or just leaving them on the ropes for months on end without saying anything after their server went down and kept claiming they would come back and gave us extended ETA's and then never followed through with it.
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieMatingCall View Post
Why not just apply the whole expansion....? ._. **** getting pieces and parts of it. Not interested if it isn't the real thing. Don't gimme that shpeel about "Oh it's basically the same" No. No it's not. Trust me. I've played a pseudo Legendary Crusade before with pieces and parts of CoW and it wasn't that great.

Remember WOI Twins/Conqueror? Yeah they tried that and it didn't go so well.

And then they blocked off anyone from their pages that called them out for lying to players and or just leaving them on the ropes for months on end without saying anything after their server went down and kept claiming they would come back and gave us extended ETA's and then never followed through with it.

Finding the server files for LC and such isn't easy and thus people make the servers that are available free. For instance I specifically remember that OW when released was up to $10,000 USD for the server files....add that to the fact that those who have the access or connections to obtain those files gave up on BOI and WOI and you are left with this dying community clinging to an outdated game that even the company that runs it has pretty much given up on....

Old   #5

It's a **** shame that so many people are pricing it like that even now for the newest expansions...the whole reason people gave up on it is because of either newer games or the fact that no one who really runs servers does it for the love of the game as much as they're doing it for profits....I'm just yknow? Almost saddened that such amazing games are just given up on and people are so greedy over something like this when the potential for greatness is so high and yet the dying community that's even left isn't even bothering to try and change it and make a real effort anymore. Everyone just wants high rate insta lvl95, etc etc...ya see my point of view as much as I also see and understand yours yknow? I'm just disappointed that for the amount of people that have come and gone on this community and some others that there hasn't been even one server owner or staff member that's had the guts to just up and do it and not let anyone else influence their decisions on what they do with the server or it's rates or anything except for the owner/developer themselves. It's just a disappointment. To such a disgustingly high degree.
Old   #6

Quote:
It's a damn shame that so many people are pricing it like that even now for the newest expansions...the whole reason people gave up on it is because of either newer games or the fact that no one who really runs servers does it for the love of the game as much as they're doing it for profits....I'm just yknow? Almost saddened that such amazing games are just given up on and people are so greedy over something like this when the potential for greatness is so high and yet the dying community that's even left isn't even bothering to try and change it and make a real effort anymore. Everyone just wants high rate insta lvl95, etc etc...ya see my point of view as much as I also see and understand yours yknow? I'm just disappointed that for the amount of people that have come and gone on this community and some others that there hasn't been even one server owner or staff member that's had the guts to just up and do it and not let anyone else influence their decisions on what they do with the server or it's rates or anything except for the owner/developer themselves. It's just a disappointment. To such a disgustingly high degree.
I actually do care for the game, its the reason I am still active here and am constantly messing with random stuff myself (the recolors and I was as far as i know the first to fully expand the pet list to include all the pets from WOI and some that arent even supposed to be pets) the community is rather toxic towards server devs who make mistakes or dont give everything out for free/insta level. It's one of the main reasons I closed my server (the other is I felt no sense of reward from shoveling out money for hosting and all the work i put into the server (even now no one gives me credit when they steal my ideas or work for there servers)

Personally I love the pet system and that is what I tend to mess with the most but no on cares bout "cosmetic updates"

I honestly would love to open a server again but at this point I dont see the need to put that much time and effort into something that will just stress me out tbh coding a site is the main obstruction in that as that seemed to be the biggest attack people made against me as a dev, my site was a piece of shit.

I completely understand your point though I miss "low rate" servers with communities that were about helping others and atlantis was full of people selling gear and pets.....idk i miss the old BOI
Old   #7

I'd honestly like to see an old school original WOI server before their first expansion came out. Low rates like x20-x50 with adjusted drops for certain things. Yknow? I liked it back then even cause it was simple and yet very hard to get extremely OP without some effort. And soul gear drops from PVP zone bosses only in the base form, which drives pvp even more in my opinion. The later expansions made it possible to farm soul gear from world bosses that were in green zones in WOI and that kinda made it less appealing unless it was the most recent expansion going. I'd like to see an old Titan Throne version BOI server running alongside an old original WOI server with the same rates for each. and just have them each respectively give out free zen to players and tell them to fend for themselves with everything else. That would be the best idea personally. Everyone that cries and wants insta lvls and high rate servers should build a lil sandbox for themselves. I certainly feel that Devs need to hold themselves to a better standard than many have been holding themselves to with their work lately.
Old   #8

Quote:
I'd honestly like to see an old school original WOI server before their first expansion came out. Low rates like x20-x50 with adjusted drops for certain things. Yknow? I liked it back then even cause it was simple and yet very hard to get extremely OP without some effort. And soul gear drops from PVP zone bosses only in the base form, which drives pvp even more in my opinion. The later expansions made it possible to farm soul gear from world bosses that were in green zones in WOI and that kinda made it less appealing unless it was the most recent expansion going. I'd like to see an old Titan Throne version BOI server running alongside an old original WOI server with the same rates for each. and just have them each respectively give out free zen to players and tell them to fend for themselves with everything else. That would be the best idea personally. Everyone that cries and wants insta lvls and high rate servers should build a lil sandbox for themselves. I certainly feel that Devs need to hold themselves to a better standard than many have been holding themselves to with their work lately.
yea Tbh i cannot agree more .. i would like nothing more than an old school Woi server with LO patch and thats it .. like that old one which used to be called aria if u remember it .... it was the best server i played tbh ..
Old   #9

That is the point,they will not add whole expansion to server only parts and server will die fast like many others.
Old   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro02 View Post
That is the point,they will not add whole expansion to server only parts and server will die fast like many others.
Are you sure?
Old   #11

Aria was fun back in the days indeed.
It had a decent playerbase and good oldschool mass pvps at some point.
Can feel ya.
Count me in if some server like this opens.
Old   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOIMortalLTD View Post
Are you sure?
Yes i am sure!You are too greedy to make long live server.
Old   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro02 View Post
Yes i am sure!You are too greedy to make long live server.
Just watch.