Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 04:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

AO PSERVER

Discussion on AO PSERVER within the Atlantica Online forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Talking AO PSERVER

AOPSERVER OPEN BETA TEST

We're opening NOW our server for public open beta testing.

Download link for client :

How to create an account?

a) Download the game client

b) It is a self extracting archive. Launch it to unpack the client.

c) Start the game client (i recommend to use the AtlanticaRun.exe in case we update something)

d) On the login screen:
  • #USERNAME
  • PASSWORD

Enter your desired username prefixed with a hashtag "#" and your desired password.

If the username is available, the account will be created with the provided password.

If it already exists you will get an "invalid username/password" error.

If successful you will directly go to the next screen.

Remember to NOT prefix the username with a hashtag for your next login.

IMPORTANT: Please exchange your ServerIP.ndt with the one provided here as attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ServerIP.zip (412 Bytes, 749 views)
Thanks
20 Users
Old 01/15/2016, 20:15   #2

Received Thanks: 1,304
Thx for the post AOPSERVER,

here are the images you asked me to attach:

Thanks
5 Users
Old 01/16/2016, 01:37   #3

elite*gold: 100
Great job !! At least someone that has potential in developing a "this is how it should be" pserver.

Really looking forward for updates and stuff ! Did you think about rates ( exp , drop ) , stamina removal ? ( this should be 1'st priority imo )

P.S. I have an ideea for server name " World Of Atlantica " WoA Private Server
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/16/2016, 01:44   #4

Thanks rockerbla.

Priority at this point is to get everything 100% working including Titan & multiworld, since we don't wanna end up that we get a server which is dominated by a specific language and the others are lost.

So we NEED to provide several localizations.

Then removing stamina for sure and checking out how to implement new mercs and content.

But first is to make sure THIS "original" V3.02.11 is working as supposed to.

If the community here wouldn't be that selfish we would simply release the files and hope for a good community work on it.. but i think this are dreams....
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/16/2016, 01:49   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOPSERVER View Post
Thanks rockerbla.

Priority at this point is to get everything 100% working including Titan & multiworld, since we don't wanna end up that we get a server which is dominated by a specific language and the others are lost.

Then removing stamina for sure and checking out how to implement new mercs and content.

If the community here wouldn't be that selfish we would simply release the files and hope for a good community work on it.. but i think this are dreams....
Only way to add mercs and items etc would be how i did it when i first got all this together, you need to create hooks in the client and the server to expand the hard coded arrays since they are set to a specific amount that can be implemented and right now the server takes up all the spots in the array.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/16/2016, 02:02   #6

elite*gold: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOPSERVER View Post
Thanks rockerbla.

You're totally right about everything you said ! And about community...well this is it we can't do anything to change their mentality about that.

But as my honest oppinion , just don't release the files ( or at least yet ) , and not saying that because you'd lose donators , but ppl will have their own servers and will get bored very fast ( or at least that was me when I had my own server , not Atlantica ) so you will lose players.

I really like to work my way up to max lvl gear etc with a nice community @ me , in my guild , nation , doing GD/ND all together etc etc , not just spam some commands , get everything +10 and.....that's it lol.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/16/2016, 03:32   #7

I will keep you updated about how the progress is coming.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/16/2016, 17:10   #8

Finaly some real progress.. been waiting so long.

Well keep us informed and we'll support you.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/16/2016, 20:14   #9

nice to see this is happening, hopefully you handle it better than mtrue and that other one that was only around for like a week.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/17/2016, 02:40   #10

elite*gold: 180
Just q quick heads-up - We're still working heavily on this project - Expect some News for the middle of next week, they'll be great.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/17/2016, 10:55   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerbla View Post
Really looking forward for updates and stuff ! Did you think about rates ( exp , drop ) , stamina removal ? ( this should be 1'st priority imo )
Server[/B]
Adding stuff like mercs/items/NPCs as evil said is just more work than its worth since most/all IDs are taken and since there is newer AO server files out upto date available

EXP is hard coded and capped (I think we all knew this, work around sorta make is nice but i think anything more than 400% ruins the game anyways)

Drop rates need manually editing (its not hard ive done it lots but it takes a LONG ass time to do it properly and not shitty like OGR did, you just need top understand how the groups work)

Stamina can be hidden but not fully disabled and it ties into waaaay too many systems ( there is many work arounds to solve this tho)

But the main issue will always be that these files are complex and everything to be added with work arounds which takes time and every time others working on these files figured out they just abandon it.

Over several years of working on/with them I feel that even tho the age of these files is when AO was at its finest most people compare it to live and you really shouldn't, let it grow its own way or just enjoy it for what it is.

---------------------------------------------------

What do i think are the main things that NEED to be done before even bothering to make a release?

Exploits - this version is full of them and the way to stop most of them is use an anti cheat or block the use-age of cheat engine (which players LOVE to use speed hack). main things are storage duping/modding in Rome warehouse/my home storage/trading

Drops - This needs fully reworked to make sense, if your having higher exp rates then change level group drops to drop 1 tier ahead as you advance so fast to Lv110. remove all the none used items and save the IDs for new items/event stuff. Make boss's behind keys drop better stuff for example, no one wants to solo grind 30-60mins for a key drop to get a monster egg...

TBS - Its old and you can only take mains class mercs with you (yes this fix shouldnt be too hard) but other issues like low pop mean finding other people to help with TBS stuff is harder (loot and rewards are not as good as live, people used this TBS version for mass exp but Pserver rates means this tbs is kinda useless bar main/level quests)

Merch/NPCs - need the shops/point systems updated to reflect the server pop and add items like CSS/SSS/RSS/other items to be obtained as these items are faaarrr to rare for players to get which mkae some mercs/items not obtainable which ruins PvP and forces renting and cheese builds ( this game has great PVP and alot of people will stay just for it)

Mount/Decos/Clothes - stats need to be normalized or everyone will just be using 1 type of each and it become clones wars, this also impact the item mall and economy and the items in said box that gives best mounts/deco ect get flooded (this fix is easy and reflects live where they are stopping scaling, let people chose how they want to look and not force them to all to one 'set')

There is loads more I can list and may do if i see work/development progress, main thing is listen to the community they are your bread and butter, QOL improvements are the biggest way to make the games age feel fresh.

Good Luck and I hope you can do what every other Dev team ive worked with failed todo, put time in and invest into making it work. people will be VERY wary of spending a single dollar as they have been burnt in the past Ive seen it first hand and its a terrible experience. once you gain the trust of the AO community they will back you. Build a team Dev/GM/CM team that gives a fuck to keep it open and not to just milk people for a quick buck.

Dont be just another AO Pserver....
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/17/2016, 16:04   #12

I would honestly say keep xp rates down to 100%, i know its a private server but people will hit max level in less then a month then just get tired of the game. I think just use lives structure, rate 100% without blessing license and weekends 250%. I know people will bash this because "ZOMG I NEED TO HIT MAX LEVEL ASAP SO I CAN SIT AROUND AND GET BORED REAL FAST". Give everyone all licenses except blessing license free. Give interesting level up rewards, maybe add some questlines.
Old 01/18/2016, 01:36   #13

Seems way too good to be true.
Mostlikely will milk out some cash and disappear like rest of them
Old 01/18/2016, 09:21   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakis View Post
Old 01/18/2016, 10:52   #15

elite*gold: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakis View Post
We defenitely dont plan to simply milk the Cash-Cow. Actually - We're aiming to provide a bugfree, fun and "userfriendly" Server.

Just a quick headsup - Plans for new Quests, NPC's and stuffs are done - I'm working on that right now. Will provide some screenshots during the next days.

Greetings!
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread

Tags
atlantica online, database, files, private server