Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 20:13

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

Actual serverfiles fixes and problems

Reply
 
Old   #121
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7
Received Thanks: 1
Any updates? Can't wait to play



bbogdy93 is offline  
Old   #122
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 48
Received Thanks: 20
I don't understand, why claim your project is open source in the github readme, then turn around and say its not?



"ArchServerCalidus is a free and open-source MMORPG server emulator written in C++."

This seems to be the basis, but all I see is binary files. No source. It's not a big deal if you never wanted to open source it to begin with, but you should state that. It is simply bad faith to make the claim that it's open source then never make it open source. I was pretty interested in dusting some stuff back off to work on this game a bit, but I dunno. To be honest, I don't really want to spend a significant amount of time doing research, I have other projects I could spend that time on. I did however want to help further this emulator and fix bugs/reverse packet structures, but it being closed source makes it difficult to contribute to it.


CoolManBob is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #123
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 484
Received Thanks: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolManBob View Post
I don't understand, why claim your project is open source in the github readme, then turn around and say its not?



"ArchServerCalidus is a free and open-source MMORPG server emulator written in C++."

This seems to be the basis, but all I see is binary files. No source. It's not a big deal if you never wanted to open source it to begin with, but you should state that. It is simply bad faith to make the claim that it's open source then never make it open source. I was pretty interested in dusting some stuff back off to work on this game a bit, but I dunno. To be honest, I don't really want to spend a significant amount of time doing research, I have other projects I could spend that time on. I did however want to help further this emulator and fix bugs/reverse packet structures, but it being closed source makes it difficult to contribute to it.
I belive.that at some point,he wanted this project to evolve and be free source,but the project abruptly fell off the radar the moment oisy opened his server
raduelvis1 is offline  
Old   #124
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 928
Received Thanks: 269
The project isnt closed.For the moment my hard drive has burned out,so i will need time to rebuild back the testing host.(right now i dont have so much time to work for this,got other rl problems so ,when i will solve my rl problems i will come back with pleasure).

Thank you.Peace.


al3css is offline  
Old   #125
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 48
Received Thanks: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by al3css View Post
The project isnt closed.For the moment my hard drive has burned out,so i will need time to rebuild back the testing host.(right now i dont have so much time to work for this,got other rl problems so ,when i will solve my rl problems i will come back with pleasure).

Thank you.Peace.
That's fine, but wouldn't that make it more important to open the source code? You not having time to work on it is okay, but if things were open and free other's could come in and help develop it. Especially when you claim you are having a lot of issue currently.
CoolManBob is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #126
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 928
Received Thanks: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolManBob View Post
That's fine, but wouldn't that make it more important to open the source code? You not having time to work on it is okay, but if things were open and free other's could come in and help develop it. Especially when you claim you are having a lot of issue currently.
Hy there old member of Archlord!
As i dont know if you know about this project doesnt have a full source code(i work on old files released few years ago,the files can be fixed and solve few problems-excluded siege problems).
I work with ida pro/hex editors/cheat engine and others little softwares to fix things on this serverfiles.
I cleaned them and solved some missing tables+added missing *txt files,*ini files.
I merged obs and obj files from 20-30 loading objects in 1 object.
I removed empty obs/obj files that doesnt contains any informations.
I fixed some errors like:moving into the rock(object was there you can see it but you can hide in it and other things like this)
The consoles are fixed by me(missing features in consoles as loading few *txt files named in chinese and cant found them because they used chinese characters in name of the file,there are few functions limited in game and i removed the limited options and other things can be done but i need help,cant work alone)
You can read about updates on files here :


And the latest github updated by me files are uploaded here:

Why in archive?Because github changes parameters in *txt files and *ini files(then when you clone the git the server cant start because this modifications done automaticaly by git)
al3css is offline  
Old   #127
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 484
Received Thanks: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by al3css View Post
Hy there old member of Archlord!
As i dont know if you know about this project doesnt have a full source code(i work on old files released few years ago,the files can be fixed and solve few problems-excluded siege problems).
I work with ida pro/hex editors/cheat engine and others little softwares to fix things on this serverfiles.
I cleaned them and solved some missing tables+added missing *txt files,*ini files.
I merged obs and obj files from 20-30 loading objects in 1 object.
I removed empty obs/obj files that doesnt contains any informations.
I fixed some errors like:moving into the rock(object was there you can see it but you can hide in it and other things like this)
The consoles are fixed by me(missing features in consoles as loading few *txt files named in chinese and cant found them because they used chinese characters in name of the file,there are few functions limited in game and i removed the limited options and other things can be done but i need help,cant work alone)
You can read about updates on files here :


And the latest github updated by me files are uploaded here:

Why in archive?Because github changes parameters in *txt files and *ini files(then when you clone the git the server cant start because this modifications done automaticaly by git)
I think as a former Celestia staff member,he knows very well how **** the old files are :XD
raduelvis1 is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #128
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 11
Received Thanks: 1
Thank you so much for your project. I'm sorry I'm not good at English.

you need ep4 client ?

i have ep4 Prelude to Power 2007.8.16 client(Korean)

link here

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...UxTSFd6ZlNyamM





server open success win7/orc11gR2

but, none npc and walking.. same position

ep3 client login Can not play?

I'm sorry I'm not good at English.
wjdgnsl7004 is offline  
Old   #129
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 928
Received Thanks: 269
Episode 3 En client works but yeah uknown packets to see npc and monsters , use episode 1(celestia client till some fixes)
al3css is offline  
Old   #130
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 11
Received Thanks: 1
Celestia client << Can I download it?
Please help me~
I hope to play archlord..^^

I 'm download complete 3 client [Archlord_Celestia_09_2010], [Archlord_Celestia_01_2011] , [Archlord_Celestia_02_2011_Rising] but , ep3 client alefclient.exe same ^^;;
none npc and can not move..
xp sp3(server) windows7(client) tell me how

▶who alefclient.exe download link... please hlep me◀

- I'm sorry english google translation -
wjdgnsl7004 is offline  
Old   #131
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1
Received Thanks: 0
Hello, how are you, with these server files already set as described here how the server would work? Would episode3 with combos working? , Could give a little more information, with worlds ice, poison? Set realm and what do you have as CODEMASTER? Thank you very much, I want to create an archlord free cc server.
lucianotroche is offline  
Old   #132
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10
Received Thanks: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjdgnsl7004 View Post
Celestia client << Can I download it?
Please help me~
I hope to play archlord..^^

I 'm download complete 3 client [Archlord_Celestia_09_2010], [Archlord_Celestia_01_2011] , [Archlord_Celestia_02_2011_Rising] but , ep3 client alefclient.exe same ^^;;
none npc and can not move..
xp sp3(server) windows7(client) tell me how

▶who alefclient.exe download link... please hlep me◀

- I'm sorry english google translation -
Hey wjdgnsl7004 can you please the link where you the
Celestia clients have loaded (because the on the bul., Pol., Cez. or what I know I language) I can not understand.or you can upload them
Look at me then exactly.
klemmy is offline  
Old   #133
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 11
Received Thanks: 1
I'll upload it to Google Drive after work

Archlord_Celestia_01_2011
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6_...ew?usp=sharing

Archlord_Celestia_02_2011_Rising
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6_...ew?usp=sharing

Archlord_Celestia_09_2010
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6_...ew?usp=sharing
wjdgnsl7004 is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #134
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10
Received Thanks: 1
Hey wjdgnsl7004 the clients of celestia is ep3 .play the game offline go to tuan565.com.
you can the server play offline look in the tutorial of tuan565.you play online you play costom,adria (name ??).or you play justac.gr klemmy


klemmy is offline  
Reply



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Similar Threads
Playstation 3: Update 4.46 fixes bugs and problems
Patch 4.45 that has been released by Sony last week lead into complications and problems during boot process making some consoles impractical has now...
1 Replies - Gaming News - EN
ROC Fixes cause problems
Hi, I am using RoC source and I tried to add all the fixes that someone release ' RoC Fixes', after I added everything and compiled. I got errors...
5 Replies - Flyff PServer - Discussions / Questions
Problems with kaydaniel 6.1 serverfiles
I have a problems with serverfiles 6.1 of kaydaniel. When a write ./start and 1 the server breaks there: "PLAYER_MAX_LEVEL: 120LocalService...
0 Replies - Metin2 PServer - Discussions / Questions
Ibot Problems and Fixes
So I myself was pretty upset with the dcs every 30 seconds and the crashes while using ibot. So i went and found a solution for my problems that my...
0 Replies - SRO Guides & Templates



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:13.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy
Copyright ©2017 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.