Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 14:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

End of Webzen Archlord?

Discussion on End of Webzen Archlord? within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
End of Webzen Archlord?

I've been hearing rumors I would like to have substantial evidence for. Is Webzen really giving Archlord to another company? I'd like to know so everyone can be prepared. If you have information on this, please do not just say "It's going to happen" I need substantial evidence, i.e. a web site from Webzen that says so or something similar.

Thanks,
Jonners
Old 04/27/2013, 19:05   #2

i hope but dont think...
nhn = webzen
Old 04/27/2013, 19:43   #3

elite*gold: 60
i hope webzen gets closed but i dont expect that . I guess Webzen is the only company who got a Archlord license right now and they dont want to lose their money cuz the no-lifers of archlord pays webzen very well as i can see...
Old 04/27/2013, 22:29   #4

no they lose money with AL^^
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/28/2013, 01:11   #5

thats why there's no support ^_^ they are too busy with their new project which aims for more income than archlord :P imo just another **** game from webzen...
Old 04/28/2013, 08:56   #6

Won't happen. And I'm still syaing webzen had some nice ideas about improving the game, like for example buddy system or RvR wars. But still, yea, game owner should be changed.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/28/2013, 10:18   #7

Received Thanks: 1,288
No.
Old 04/28/2013, 11:35   #8

Answer is NO.

But the best for Archlord would be Webzen to sell Archlord to other company but with 1 condition: to sell with license to be allowed to modify client as they wish. Remember CM times, they knew how to fix dupe but couldnt do a ***** without a patch from NHN.
If this wont happen soon or later Webzen will merge Sylvia with other server and after half year or 1 year will merge all servers.

EDIT:
Webzen are not poor at all. Check for what Webzen paid 17.5 million USD.
Old 04/28/2013, 13:54   #9

It's funny when Archlord get closed on Webzen.
Old 04/28/2013, 14:54   #10

They lose money with AL but they have other projects, too.
Old 04/28/2013, 16:11   #11

elite*gold: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Withered View Post
They lose money with AL but they have other projects, too.
I'd like to know where to gather such information. Is this public information though?
Old 04/28/2013, 16:18   #12

Just do the maths they made a new episode, implified new areas and items, spent money for the server running costs, their graphic & coding team etc etc
On the other hand MANY players quit and almost noone buys CC anymore.
Other projects - as C9 - are of higher importance for them, because they have a very active and high player base and there's a lot of CC buyers. They even made an international championship at the gamescom which didnt only promote the game but granted the winner 10 000$

Do you think hosting a game is for free and they make epic money with a dead game?
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/28/2013, 18:04   #13

elite*gold: 80
I do not think the game is for free, but I hoped my post implied that I would like to know the numbers and I asked if this information is public or not. Because if it is not, I would not start talking about things you can simply not have knowledge about :P

Quote:
Just do the maths
I would love to if I had the exact numbers. I have no knowledge about renting servers, paying programmers etc., that's why I'm asking.
Old 04/28/2013, 18:16   #14

Do you have proof of this, because last time someone showed us webzen's financial report they were making a small fortune. I realize the game isn't as busy as it was 2 years ago but they've made it a lot more expensive to play. Even if one or two player's aren't spending money they buy the items for gold off the person that is.

Quote:
Just do the maths they made a new episode, implified new areas and items, spent money for the server running costs, their graphic & coding team etc etc
On the other hand MANY players quit and almost noone buys CC anymore.
Other projects - as C9 - are of higher importance for them, because they have a very active and high player base and there's a lot of CC buyers. They even made an international championship at the gamescom which didnt only promote the game but granted the winner 10 000$

Do you think hosting a game is for free and they make epic money with a dead game?
Old 04/28/2013, 18:23   #15

There was a website for this I'm not sure if I still have it

And the source who told me theyre losing money is trustable^^^^
Thanks
1 User