Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 16:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Archlord CLOSING!!??

Discussion on Archlord CLOSING!!?? within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 06/26/2012, 15:28   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezzzy View Post
Okay guys, okay, let's be honest, except for the bugs Webzen has in-game, it's a very good game, even on webzen, I'm a player from Codemasters and the only thing that actually was better (in my opinion) was the fact that you could start Archlord just from you're desktop. On webzen you have to go to the homepage for it, that's the only thing that actually bothers me...

Oh and guys, please, don't blame webzen ... you were the guys that were asking to make it back like Codemasters, well, Codemasters didn't have boost event/Battle Ground/Heavens Hell/.... But now, when Webzen removes boost events, you guys are all like, omg webzen why don't you give boost events?!?! If you keep going like this, nobody will play Archlord anymore!

Guys... cmon... If we'd have a little bit more faith in Webzen, they could make it an awesome game, even better than how it was in Codemasters!

Greetz!

and about the bugs.., they really ARE fixing it, but they can't help it that some of you are non-stop trying to discover new bugs... If you guys are finding new ones, Webzen doesn't know about it immediatly...

All try to have fun!
Dude, I know exactly where you are coming from, I used to say all the same stuff. Everyone would complain about WZ, and I would try my hardest to defend them, even when I wasn't sure why I was defending them. Almost word for word what you are saying now. But finally I realized that I was wasting my time, they really are just greedy ****** that only care about the bottom line( cash income ). Sorry, but the game is dying and WZ doesn't care.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/26/2012, 15:43   #17

Please Remember before the Codamasters "closed" the game , make a big event, and now the situation is same. So i dont accept the VL answer, because Wz need money......

After event maybe come out the "truth"

I hope i dont have right but i have bad feelings about that
Old 06/26/2012, 15:59   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo11 View Post
If anyone play TERA online PM me!
The game seems great, how much does it cost per month?
Old 06/26/2012, 17:23   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm@o View Post
30€, but I know how to make money in game :P
Old 06/26/2012, 18:01   #20

The truth about Webzen AL is that they lost tons of players with their lots of **** and ****.They don't wanna close it but soon they will have to!
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/26/2012, 18:47   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by eppherke View Post
The truth about Webzen AL is that they lost tons of players with their lots of **** and ****.They don't wanna close it but soon they will have to!
+1

Quote:
I haven't gotten that far into it yet, but apparently once you buy the game, you can cover the monthly time payment with chrono scrolls, which you can buy from players buy farming certain things? Thats what I have been told anyway.
Old 06/26/2012, 19:04   #22

Quote:
Yeah, let's all give our money to TERA than...

It's true, there will come a point when you have to invest in Archlord, but you can also make in-game money, one big character -> farming, and sell the stuff, but ok, it's your opinion, can't change that
Greetz
Old 06/26/2012, 19:06   #23

yes they close in 2012
2014 was before
but actually is 2012 in October

so guys spend more money for the last weeks
Old 06/26/2012, 19:46   #24

elite*gold: 8577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hm. View Post
Archlord Webzen'll close in 2014 :P
2013*
Old 06/26/2012, 19:56   #25

Big difference I saw with Tera. I was given a refer a friend code to try Tera and stupid me applied it to an already made account which wasted the code as it had to be applied to a newly created account. I submitted a ticket to the explaining that stupid me had screwed up, and my friend had wasted her refer a friend code because I screwed up. Next moring I woke up and checked email, and low and behold there was a brand new code and a "thank you for your business". I have outstanding tickets submitted to WZ from over a year ago that still have not been responded to.
Old 06/26/2012, 22:38   #26

elite*gold: 2
Received Thanks: 1,036
Such a good game doesn't deserve such a greedy company. The ones who pay for it are the winners and not the better players.
I stopped playing already since last year because its just useless. Bad I wasted time on this game since April 2007. But it was fun in that early days.
Old 06/26/2012, 22:58   #27

Agree with Manolii
Old 06/27/2012, 00:47   #28

I rly hope webzen and NHN will leave AL to the community after 2014.
Means they stop hosting the game, but give the database and **** to some people that will take care about it, since alot of players put a lot money, time and effort in their chars.

It will be up to us to stand together when the time is near. If you want to keep AL, you will know what to do. (...I hope)
Old 06/27/2012, 01:15   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientPlayer View Post
I rly hope webzen and NHN will leave AL to the community after 2014.
Means they stop hosting the game, but give the database and **** to some people that will take care about it, since alot of players put a lot money, time and effort in their chars.

It will be up to us to stand together when the time is near. If you want to keep AL, you will know what to do. (...I hope)
Do I understand it well? You think one of US will host the game? If that's what you mean : LMAO

Big companies have to take over, we can't do anything about it, if they aren't interested in the game, it will close, we can only promote lol
Greetz!
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/27/2012, 01:25   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezzzy View Post
Do I understand it well? You think one of US will host the game? If that's what you mean : LMAO

Big companies have to take over, we can't do anything about it, if they aren't interested in the game, it will close, we can only promote lol
Greetz!
Trust me, I'm an engineer! j/k

I've seen alot of progressive (pserver) work in mmorpg-comms, Aion, WoW etc.
There will always be people that get some work done to save their game.
If something really goes down, they will take care if it.
E.g. some guys form aion workshop developed the game further then on the official servers, with free colorcodes, new gear etc.

AL doesn't make a big differ. Get skilled people, get a concept and run it. And with a bit effort and luck a company will pay attention to the progress and take care of the project. (e.g. valve with dota2)
Thanks
1 User