Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 22:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

lagg without reason? :O

Discussion on lagg without reason? :O within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 06/16/2011, 15:52   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Lag is a common word meaning to fail to keep up or to fall behind. In real-time applications, the term is used when the application fails to respond in a timely fashion to inputs.

Lag is also often used in reference to video games to describe to the delay (or latency) between an action by a player and the reaction of the game.
So yeah... Guess when he's running he lags behind and he has a delay while casting skills too.
Old 06/16/2011, 16:10   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAJTNING View Post
So yeah... Guess when he's running he lags behind and he has a delay while casting skills too.
I ask because:
- delay usually caused by slow internet (user side) OR overloaded servers (Webzen side). This net-lag is a changing delay: once its good at next cast you have 3 sec delay. If this is your problem, check your internet connection, torrent clients, peer-to-peer applications. Maybe modem/LAN-card driver update can help too. If everything is fine than problem is because of webzen.

- if you experience slow animation, low FPS than nothing to do with the connection. Than problem is on/because of your PC. Maybe new updates eat more resources on your PC? Maybe your video card is dying? Or maybe your GPU provider updated the driver and something went wrong? As somebody said before me it can be because of the anti-virus too.

Try to describe your problem more detailed, so we can help you more.
Old 06/16/2011, 16:16   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by timoantimo View Post
i reinstalled cleaned pc was not loading anything in last 7 days - and removed all virused - maked defragment and nothing just a liitle getting better
Well after all this, I guess the most probable cause is his net connection. Could be also what you said, that AL eats more resources after update, but I don't think so...

You can also try updating your display drivers, etc... and restart your modem, contact your ISP to check whether there is a problem in the whole service, but it can also be just at a few customers; anyway just phone in, it can't hurt. ^^

+ you can try in other games, try testing with speedtest.net if anything differs from normal
Old 06/16/2011, 19:03   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAJTNING View Post
Well after all this, I guess the most probable cause is his net connection. Could be also what you said, that AL eats more resources after update, but I don't think so...

You can also try updating your display drivers, etc... and restart your modem, contact your ISP to check whether there is a problem in the whole service, but it can also be just at a few customers; anyway just phone in, it can't hurt. ^^

+ you can try in other games, try testing with speedtest.net if anything differs from normal
Correct.
+one thing. If he installs all of the usual programs after OS reinstall as a routine, maybe one of them can cause it. I suggest him to think again what changes were made on PC, in the configuration. One tip, did you modify the archlord graphic settings?
Old 06/30/2011, 03:34   #20

After formatting and reinstalling your OS,

First, install Archlord and run it. (Observe if you still have lag)

If still have lag: Install updates + graphic drivers and etc. (not 3rd party softwares)

Run AL again and observe. If you still have lag, it's most likely a bad hard drive or poor internet connection. (This sounds weird for ppl who say "it's been fine!" but small little setting changes in internet connection can make a difference)

If you dont have lag after the fresh install, start by installing your softwares one by one (usually anti-virus or anti-malware or automatic firewall installing softwares can cause this). Do little by little, take your time since this can really sort out your problem.

GL
Thanks
1 User