Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 23:59

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Archeage Unchained in VMWare

Discussion on Archeage Unchained in VMWare within the ArcheAge Hacks, Bots, Cheats & Exploits forum part of the ArcheAge category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post Archeage Unchained in VMWare

With the new servers coming up you might want to use VMWare for mutliboxing or to play on an unsupported OS.

How to play on VMWare

Download VMWare Workstation 15 Player here:

Install Windows 10 x64 and give the VM 80gb space, enough for windows, the game and a bit extra for the pagefile.

Do NOT Install VMTools (if you do you need to uninstall and restart the VM)

Because it's the VMTools software that is detected by Easy Anticheat you will be able to play using the default windows display driver if your PC can handle it.

You may have to run windowed fullscreen to avoid artifacting (press alt+enter if you can't see the menu) and are limited to 1024x768.

With 3 cores and 6gb ram allocated to the VM on my 8700k I got around 5fps, enough that I could run two VMs and autoloot on alts etc but it's very rough and hogs the cpu.

Allocating more resources (6 cores, 16gb ram) I got the framerate up to around 15fps max away from large groups, was a lot smoother for moving and jumping through portals but a lot more taxing on the CPU.

Optional additional steps:

There's a guide for disguising the VM here:

You don't need to do this because it appears easy anticheat only detects VMTools, but you might find it worthwhile in case they patch EAC to be stricter.

Gamigo have said you are allowed to use a VM to play on an unsupported OS as long as you don't multibox on the same PC.

Private VMTools workaround

Before they patched EAC a few weeks after Unchained's launch you could play with the VMTools suite installed with MUCH better performance.

I have a private workaround that I'm interested in selling, please PM for details.

It gives performance similar to what we had before VMTools was detected and I've been able to run both alts in a VM with usually >60fps. Should be able to run a lot more than two if you have a modern mutlicore cpu.
Old 07/13/2020, 04:37   #2

Contact me about Private VMTools workaround via pm
Old 07/13/2020, 12:50   #3

im interested in private VMTools sir, can you send me PM?
Old 07/15/2020, 05:59   #4

I'm interested to buy it, please type your discord ^^
Old 08/27/2020, 17:49   #5

Has anyone figured out how to get this working with gpu acceleration?
Old 11/13/2020, 13:45   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actifizz View Post
Private VMTools workaround

Before they patched EAC a few weeks after Unchained's launch you could play with the VMTools suite installed with MUCH better performance.

I have a private workaround that I'm interested in selling, please PM for details.

It gives performance similar to what we had before VMTools was detected and I've been able to run both alts in a VM with usually >60fps. Should be able to run a lot more than two if you have a modern mutlicore cpu.
I was interested in this paragraph. Can anyone from those who contacted the author of the topic say if his private method works?
Old 11/17/2020, 11:12   #7

Hello. When i install Win10 it is ok. I install win8 because there are too many problems. It works very stable and fast but I get the error "You have been disconnected by easy anti cheat". Can you please help me? It is called a virtualization error. If I can fix this error it will be too much for me