mole1, the size of the model is not what lets you see it from further, the vewdistance is.
From what I have read, the distance that the engine uses to dicide when to render object depends on LodRatio, ViewDistRatio, and object size.
Size make sence, simply because the further an object is, the small it gets. A shell at 1000m is a speck and will not be drawn, while a mountain at 1000m will look like a small hill.
The engine does strange things, apperently it looks at objects in Ranges ( lodratio) if the object falls within the range to be drawn it is drawn.
Or at least that is how I understand it, Documentation on the engine is more than lacking
From what I have read, the distance that the engine uses to dicide when to render object depends on LodRatio, ViewDistRatio, and object size.
Size make sence, simply because the further an object is, the small it gets. A shell at 1000m is a speck and will not be drawn, while a mountain at 1000m will look like a small hill.
The engine does strange things, apperently it looks at objects in Ranges ( lodratio) if the object falls within the range to be drawn it is drawn.
Or at least that is how I understand it, Documentation on the engine is more than lacking
Well i have done my own mods, like making levi seen from further, and all I do is increase viewdist and LOD and it works.
by the way, if it has not happened on your server yet, it will trust me, but black pearls price is gonna DROP. I got 8 inthe last 2 days from barnacles on my bungalow lol
Today's update seems to have screwed things up for me? Anyone else having this issue? Also, Blasphemy241, do you think you can give me some contact info on PM? (i left you a PM but didnt get a reply) Would like to talk a bit with you if possible
ok sorry, to BejRaz and Silas66, this forum does not do a good job of letting you know when you have a PM lol. Silas66 you are on the right track, however i must tell you, for some reason elongating the image does not work on TS's. Instead I end up with a beam shooting into the sky only on slyreach TS lots, but not regular TS's. However, having the,m glow purple makes them, MUCH easier to see when out and about
ok sorry, to BejRaz and Silas66, this forum does not do a good job of letting you know when you have a PM lol. Silas66 you are on the right track, however i must tell you, for some reason elongating the image does not work on TS's. Instead I end up with a beam shooting into the sky only on slyreach TS lots, but not regular TS's. However, having the,m glow purple makes them, MUCH easier to see when out and about
I'm downloading the unaltered game_pak now, cause I found some more things to look in. Thanks for the info, though. I wish AA had a sandbox where you can test things out...
well i went to TS and planted 100 pines and 100 cedars, thats how i checked if mine worked :
but basically i just changed my ndeco_quest_tree_thunder file to look like the black pearl one, like i said, changing the prefab file did not change the TS tree, only the skyreach lot one, so that's pointless.
So there's a higher chance of getting TS in PTS..?
By the way, I think this is either going to be taken down soon or Trion will execute lots of bans. A particular server is so heavy on this mod user's that having sailed whole map, I managed to find only 2 chests
yea they messed it up... rip... @xAgility, you remove it by uninstalling the game and reinstalling it... the only way
PS: it seems they are starting to catch onto it, and how it works... otherwise i cant explain the multitude of updates coming twice/thrice a week now... i smell a mass ban...