Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Aion
You last visited: Today at 11:10

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New info about the Chinese open beta

Discussion on New info about the Chinese open beta within the Aion forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
New info about the Chinese open beta

So it's going to be a tad more complicated for those who can't read Chinese. I got this from someone who posted on AionSource

Quote:
It appears as if China's 2nd beta will open on the 1st of January, based on the fact that their renewed "gem event" will last until New Year's Eve. In this event, the referral system of obtaining gems is still in effect, but there are a few new ways to get a chance at a beta invitation code.

Each registered user can choose 3 gifts per day from a special Christmas tree (Link) on their site, which have special presents inside, ranging from a random amount of gems, an Aion soundtrack, or an activation code. They have also created a screenshot contest (Link), where users can upload up to 10 pictures a day, for 5 gems each. Other users vote on those pictures, with a both a male and female user winning certain prizes. There are also physical (graphics cards, memory, ipod nanos) awards for best face, best background, best all around beauty, and best outfit. Lastly is a guessing game, where users guess on the Baidu Index for Aion of the following day. (Link) Users who who guess the first 3 digits correctly (i.e. guess is 43,672 and actual is 43,612, but not guess of 436,245 and actual of 43,612) will earn 500 gems. I am not sure as to how many gems are needed to obtain an activation code by the 31st, as I was unable to locate that information on their updated website.

Also, the Chinese client is no longer able to be downloaded from their website. To download it's 4 parts, you must either torrent it (Link), or download it from HERE. However, there is a file that has to be run once the client has installed called AION_restore_125.exe, which fixes a bug in the original client install so that you can begin to receive patches. That file has also been removed from the Chinese Aion website, and I have been unable to find a different source. If someone could host that, that would be great. Otherwise, I will post a link later tonight when I return to my other computer.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/27/2008, 15:27   #2

elite*gold: 70
The Black Market: 376/0/0
Received Thanks: 12,398
Yes, good news

ty
Old 12/27/2008, 19:42   #3

So it won't be an open beta? We will need an activation code to play?
Old 12/28/2008, 21:15   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheeni View Post
So it won't be an open beta? We will need an activation code to play?
It's not open beta, whoever said it started on the 1st was talking sh.it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/03/2009, 01:02   #5

So can i play Open Beta with my account i created now yes? And the client will work also?
Old 01/03/2009, 01:38   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nigga View Post
So can i play Open Beta with my account i created now yes? And the client will work also?
Yes you can my little mushroom of love. Only now we have to wait a couple of weeks.
Old 01/12/2009, 09:27   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aion4life View Post
Yes you can my little mushroom of love. Only now we have to wait a couple of weeks.
ah the wait
Old 01/12/2009, 21:18   #8

Any News about the exact Date of OB Launch?
Old 01/16/2009, 16:24   #9

well im downloading client now.. i think was tux-pengin the retarded MOD that said OBT will start the first but it aint till the 25 or 26
Old 06/03/2009, 14:39   #10

Playing it now and it is very kewl.
$4.00 for account and $8.49 for 104 hours of in game play.

I just hope US version does not have LameGard......
Old 06/03/2009, 16:22   #11

elite*gold: 10
did you saw the date of the last post ?...

#closed
Closed Thread