Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Aion > Aion Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:55

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

U3J-Aion LAN Access

Reply
 
Old   #1
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3
Received Thanks: 0
U3J-Aion LAN Access

Hi, I'm trying to open my private server up so my brother can play on my server but it wont let him access the game game server. I play mine on 127.0.0.1. I changed the ipconfig file over to my Router IP address but it still wont let him in the game server. He can log in but loses connection when selecting a server.

I can't set it to my global IP because it's the same on both of our computers.

Anyone have expierence opening U3J-Aion to LAN and willing to help me out?

U3J-Aion PS code

I really appreciate any help I can get on this.

I found out the problem. I had the DNS settings if the IPConfig file wrong and had to set the host variable for my IP.

You can delete this thread.

Thanks.



shiori1425 is offline  
Old   #2
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 484
Received Thanks: 122
The plan to use the "router address" is not that wrong, but it should be your own local network address and not the routers one.
You can find this ip with the "ipconfig" command in console.

Also you'd ensure the ports won't make any trouble. therefore check your software firewall on your pc and maybe also your router configuration.

If nothing works, please post your console logs (both login and game) here.


x-AcT is offline  
Old   #3
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 591
Received Thanks: 95
Before aion-u3j, it was Aion-Extreme 2.1 and 2.5, and I wrote the following addon to the config:

Code:
 <!--
                File that is responsible for network address mapping.
                We can have any number of ip ranges mapped to various network interfaces
                Useful for those who run server in local areas with two (or more) networks
                
                For ipconfig's "default" attribute both DNS and ip address is supported.
                Example: <ipconfig default="216.239.59.104"> = your Internet IP Adress (WAN-IP)
                Examples: <ipconfig default="127.0.0.1"> for Local use, modify your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts to: 127.0.0.1 localhost
                Examples: <ipconfig default="192.168.2.xx"> for Local use, modify your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts to: 192.168.2.xx    localhost
                Examples: <ipconfig default="192.168.2.xx"> for DNS Hosting (yourhost.NO-IP.com) use, modify your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts to: 192.168.2.xx    yourhost.no-ip.com (loop-back)
                <iprange min="192.168.0.0" max="192.168.255.255" address="192.168.0.20"/> // where (192.168.0.20 = your Local IP Adress
                <iprange min="192.168.0.0" max="192.168.255.255" address="192.168.2.20"/>



        <ipconfig default="192.168.100.101"> (Local LAN-IP)
      -->
That should be self-explanatory

BTW the line:

Quote:
For ipconfig's "default" attribute both DNS and ip address is supported.
Was always a mistake. Aion Emu has never supported Host-DNS Adress such "myhost.no-ip.com"
dallas_extreme is offline  
Old   #4
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 484
Received Thanks: 122
What's the "add-on" in your quote?


x-AcT is offline  
Old   #5
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 591
Received Thanks: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-AcT View Post
What's the "add-on" in your quote?
This was writen from me, especialy the loopback in the host file. Even my localhost IP Address 192.168.0.20 is from my computer.

Code:
Example: <ipconfig default="216.239.59.104"> = your Internet IP Adress (WAN-IP)
                Examples: <ipconfig default="127.0.0.1"> for Local use, modify your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts to: 127.0.0.1 localhost
                Examples: <ipconfig default="192.168.2.xx"> for Local use, modify your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts to: 192.168.2.xx    localhost
                Examples: <ipconfig default="192.168.2.xx"> for DNS Hosting (yourhost.NO-IP.com) use, modify your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts to: 192.168.2.xx    yourhost.no-ip.com (loop-back)
                <iprange min="192.168.0.0" max="192.168.255.255" address="192.168.0.20"/> // where (192.168.0.20 = your Local IP Adress

The original or usual config was always this:

Code:
<!--
    File that is responsible for network address mapping.
    We can have any number of ip ranges mapped to various network interfaces
    Useful for those who run server in local areas with two (or more) networks


    For ipconfig's "default" attribute both DNS and ip address is supported.
    Example: <ipconfig default="216.239.59.104">
    Examples: <ipconfig default="google.de">
-->


<ipconfig default="127.0.0.1">


    <!--
        IANA-reserved private IPv4 network ranges
        Access only from local networks, external client can't have any of
        the following ip addresses
     -->
    <iprange min="10.0.0.0" max="10.255.255.255" address="10.0.0.0"/>
    <iprange min="172.16.0.0" max="172.31.255.255" address="172.16.0.0"/>
    <iprange min="192.168.0.0" max="192.168.255.255" address="192.168.0.0"/>


</ipconfig>
dallas_extreme is offline  
Old   #6
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 484
Received Thanks: 122
I still don't get it? So you mean the example comment?
x-AcT is offline  
Old   #7
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 591
Received Thanks: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-AcT View Post
I still don't get it? So you mean the example comment?
Exactly

Bacause the Line ; Examples: <ipconfig default="google.de"> is totaly wrong, because Aion Emulator has never supported host dns translation.
Second, the loop-back is more for the local web, because you can not call from local browser, for example: myaion-no-ip.com without a loop-back

#Host record

127.0.0.1 aioncore.no-ip.com
192.168.0.20 aioncore.no-ip.com
dallas_extreme is offline  
Old   #8
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3
Received Thanks: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-AcT View Post
The plan to use the "router address" is not that wrong, but it should be your own local network address and not the routers one.
You can find this ip with the "ipconfig" command in console.

Also you'd ensure the ports won't make any trouble. therefore check your software firewall on your pc and maybe also your router configuration.

If nothing works, please post your console logs (both login and game) here.

Hey, I actually did use my PCs IP address, not the routers address. That's what I meant but didn't know how to phrase it at the time do to lack of sleep. haha. I got it running eventually. Thanks for the reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas_extreme View Post
Before aion-u3j, it was Aion-Extreme 2.1 and 2.5, and I wrote the following addon to the config:

Code:
 <!--
                File that is responsible for network address mapping.
                We can have any number of ip ranges mapped to various network interfaces
                Useful for those who run server in local areas with two (or more) networks
                
                For ipconfig's "default" attribute both DNS and ip address is supported.
                Example: <ipconfig default="216.239.59.104"> = your Internet IP Adress (WAN-IP)
                Examples: <ipconfig default="127.0.0.1"> for Local use, modify your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts to: 127.0.0.1 localhost
                Examples: <ipconfig default="192.168.2.xx"> for Local use, modify your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts to: 192.168.2.xx    localhost
                Examples: <ipconfig default="192.168.2.xx"> for DNS Hosting (yourhost.NO-IP.com) use, modify your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts to: 192.168.2.xx    yourhost.no-ip.com (loop-back)
                <iprange min="192.168.0.0" max="192.168.255.255" address="192.168.0.20"/> // where (192.168.0.20 = your Local IP Adress
                <iprange min="192.168.0.0" max="192.168.255.255" address="192.168.2.20"/>



        <ipconfig default="192.168.100.101"> (Local LAN-IP)
      -->
That should be self-explanatory

BTW the line:



Was always a mistake. Aion Emu has never supported Host-DNS Adress such "myhost.no-ip.com"

Hey Dallas, I actually ended up figuring this out somehow. I have it working great over the LAN now, just have to get the little stuff like 3.0 items and working instances now. haha.
Thanks!!
shiori1425 is offline  
Old   #9
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 591
Received Thanks: 95
You are welcome :-)


dallas_extreme is offline  
Reply



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Similar Threads
A AION Private server easy to access
I can't find a AION Pserver that I can easily get to play or one that doesn't make me jump through hoops just to get it started. Does anyone know of...
8 Replies - Aion Private Server



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:55.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy
Copyright ©2017 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.