Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 18:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

In-Game Radar (overlay)

Discussion on In-Game Radar (overlay) within the Aion Hacks, Bots, Cheats & Exploits forum part of the Aion category.

Old 11/01/2009, 12:44   #16

elite*gold: 0
i need it ^^
Old 11/01/2009, 17:17   #17

pls giev =) test inc.

=)
Old 11/01/2009, 20:30   #18

This project is now in public beta. You can download a copy of Pete's Aion Radar at . It has an auto-update feature that will check for new versions every time you start it. It requires the .Net framework 3.5 (with latest updates) from Microsoft and you must run the game in windowed mode (maximized windowed mode is fine too).

Everyone is welcome to participate in testing this version of the radar. Please provide feedback here or at AionRadar (Gmail address) including bug reports and feature suggestions.

Some have asked me already if I intend to charge a fee to use this radar. I do not at this time. This project is (in part) made possible by the efforts of the open source project Aion Memory, which is free to me, thus this program is free to you. If there is a strong demand to provide constant updates and insane features to the radar, I may opt to have a 'premium' version in the future with a fee attached, but that's getting way ahead of ourselves.

For now, enjoy the radar and please feel free to give me feedback, even if it's just to say thanks!
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/01/2009, 22:28   #19

Hi there an thx for the Programm, i love it.
But now to the 1st Feedback, the Beta Text as well as the Version info are kinda disturbing. I Think the "about" Window in Options is enough for that.
2. sometimes the Radar is unwelcome at all, so ied like a Hotkey to toggle it on/off (or as youhabe it in your options on/minimap/off...)

The rest is awesome so far ^^

Edit: Works well also with English Europe Client

Edit II: Another Idea, some quick to rech pre defined Profiles
- PvP (Hostile Players only)
- Gather (well only Gather nodes^^)
- Grind (Hostile NPCs Only)

Or since the average Player has time to setup the Radar himself normaly, just some sot of Hotkey for Hostile Players only (like you are grinding and notice Hostile activity you hit a key and can instantly react as the radar clutter vanishes and you just see the Enemys)

Edit III: lol sry for Spam, but i just thought off, is the radar memory read only and creating an invisible allways on top layer, or does it inject the map into the gamewindow ?
Old 11/01/2009, 22:41   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grearson View Post
Hi there an thx for the Programm, i love it.
But now to the 1st Feedback, the Beta Text as well as the Version info are kinda disturbing. I Think the "about" Window in Options is enough for that.
2. sometimes the Radar is unwelcome at all, so ied like a Hotkey to toggle it on/off (or as youhabe it in your options on/minimap/off...)

The rest is awesome so far ^^

Edit: Works well also with English Europe Client
The versioning info. is intended to be intrusive for these test versions. It's a long story exactly why, but it is intentional.

You can turn on compass mode (or close the radar out and click it from your Quick Launch bar/etc. to re-start it). I will be introducing some hot keys in future builds for presets and other features, though.

Glad to hear it works for the EU version, I know some folks out there will be happy to hear that.
Old 11/01/2009, 22:52   #21

This thing is more then wellcome, and dont get me wrong i am not demanding anything, just giving Feedback to theis little Pearl.

To Hotkeys, as of now i think two would be sufficient, one for toggleing normal and Compas mode, and a 2ed for a PvP only Profile (tough profiling would be nice, and if its just a few predefined ones...)

Oh and sorry for bad style, am not native English speaker so .... =)
Old 11/02/2009, 01:44   #22

so lets see. its great you give thanks to the AionMemory project, but even though you have your own project protected under the gnu, you dont post source as required by AionMemory's GNU liscence?
Old 11/02/2009, 02:59   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsexwhere View Post
so lets see. its great you give thanks to the AionMemory project, but even though you have your own project protected under the gnu, you dont post source as required by AionMemory's GNU liscence?
The Aion Memory project's source code is not altered in any way. My project is not a modified work -- in fact, if you download their source code entirely, compile a .DLL (x86 mode, not 'Any CPU'), and replace the .DLL bundled with my software, the application will run exactly the same. This is because I do not modify their source code, I am just given the freedom to redistribute it exactly as it is under the GPL v3. For more details on GPL v3, please see:

You may also be interested to read some frequently asked questions about the GPL and what is and isn't allowed to be done with software protected by its terms and conditions:

However, if I were to modify the Aion Memory base library, under their GPL, I may be required to provide the modified source code to the general public under their same license. If that were the case, the rest of the source code (from drawing the radar to the auto-update system, etc.) would not fall under the same conditions.

In short, I am not required to post any source code for my project and do not intend on making it open source at this time. If that worries you, you are free to write your own radar software.

Best of luck!
Old 11/02/2009, 03:15   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsexwhere View Post
Someone puts their time into writing a useful tool, shares the program with the public when they could have kept it to themselves, and you feel compelled to try to smack them down for not providing the source too? I don't know if you're deluded, a mooch or just love to make demands of people because of some sort of sense of entitlement, but any way you cut it, you're being an idiot.
Old 11/02/2009, 03:48   #25

Nice work there and i got a question, is it work with AION CN? Can it be modify to work with AION CN since it's really nice program and we have like 60-70 player play on AION CN. Thank you very much.
Old 11/02/2009, 03:55   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalMaiden View Post
Nice work there and i got a question, is it work with AION CN? Can it be modify to work with AION CN since it's really nice program and we have like 60-70 player play on AION CN. Thank you very much.
I don't believe the memory offsets are the same in the chinese version of Game.dll. The Aion Memory project is open source, so you are free to download it and compile a version with updated offsets -- then you can use that version with my program and it should work. In theory.
Old 11/02/2009, 04:09   #27

Well, thank you and i'll give it a try. I'll update you if it works. >.<
Old 11/02/2009, 05:10   #28

elite*gold: 180
hi... dont work for me :-( the overlay is grey over aion

i have net frameworks 3.5 sp1
Old 11/02/2009, 05:27   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodo0815 View Post
hi... dont work for me :-( the overlay is grey over aion

i have net frameworks 3.5 sp1
This is a clear sign that your desktop resolution is not using 32-bit color depth. Make sure you are not using 24-bit or 16-bit color depth.
Old 11/02/2009, 05:49   #30

elite*gold: 180
desktop resolution is 1680 x 1050 32Bit