Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Aion > Aion Guides & Strategies
You last visited: Today at 23:37

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

The full guide for Aion p-server setup [English]

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 10
The full guide for Aion p-server setup [English]

Software that is necessary:
- Binaries for the SVN
- For downloading the source
or JDK in short - To run and help compile the source
- MySQL server for your database
- GUI Client for MySQL
- Files needed to be able to get your client to connect to the server

Note: Always download software determined by the OS you're running, meaning if you're running a 64bit OS, download the 64bit software, especially the JDK.

STEP 1 - Installation of the Slik SVN and TortoiseSVN is a simple matter of Next -> Next -> Finish procedure.

STEP 2 - Once TortoiseSVN is installed, make a folder in eg. C: drive (or wherever you want to) and name it AXE. This will be your SVN download folder where the currect revision of the emulator software is going to be downloaded to. Right click on it and select the option "SVN Checkout...".

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

This will open a new window asking you to specify an URL where you want to download the source from. In the field "URL of repository" enter Code:

After you click OK it'll start downloading the AXE source.

STEP 3 - While this is running you can focus on installing the JDK, there is nothing hard about the installation, another simple Next -> Next -> Finish type of installation. Once the JDK has been installed, go to your Control Panel and open up the System properties. On the left side you will see a link pointing to the Advanced System Properties, click on it and in the new window that pops up, on the bottom click on "Enviroment Variables" button. You need to look into the System variables if there is a field with a name "JAVA_HOME". If there is, make sure that it's pointing towards the correct path where you've installed your JDK.
STEP 4 - If there isn't one, we're going to create it, click on the "New..." button right below the System variables and in the "Variable Name" insert JAVA_HOME and under the "Variable Value" insert the correct path leading to your JDK install folder (C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.x_xx for 64bit software or C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.x_xx for 32bit (the x_xx represents the current version of the package, replace with the numbers from your installed version)).

Once that is done, click OK and you'll have the new variable in place.

STEP 5 - We're done with that part, now we need to install the MySQL server. Once you start the installation, click on Next and then select Typical. Once the installation is over, make sure the checkbox saying "Configure the MySQL Server now" checked and click Finish.
STEP 6 - Once the configuration starts, click on Next and then on the next step make sure that Detailed Configuration is selected then press Next again.

On the next step we select Developer Machine and click Next again.

On the next step we'll have Multifunctional Database option selected and we click Next again, next is the installation path where you want the server to be installed and unless you want to install it in a different place you can click Next here too, on the next part we can leave the default option "Decision Support (DSS)/OLAP" selected and click Next again.

Next part is for the port MySQL will be using and I suggest leaving everything to default values here and clicking Next, on the next part make sure that you select "Best support for multiligualism" and click Next.

Next part you can leave everything on default settings and click Next, on the next part check the option "Modify Security Settings" and specify a root password.

On the next part just click "Execute" and make sure everything goes smooth and finish the configuration.

STEP 7 - Next you install Navicat Lite and start it up. Now we need to make a new connection pointing towards our MySQL server, click on the Connection button and in the new window, you can name your new connection eg. Aion X and under the password field, input the password that you've specified during the MySQL installation. Next what we need to do is create two different databases, one will be named aionx_gs - for the gameserver and the other aionx_ls for the loginserver.

Right click on the connection and select "New Database..." and type in aionx_gs into the Database name field and another time for the aionx_ls.

STEP 8 - Ok now since we have all the software installed and ready for the emulator, we can now go on compiling the source. Browse to where you've downloaded the SVN on STEP 2, go inside the folder then navigate through the trunk and into the Tools folder, inside you'll have a little batch file with the name BuildAll.bat.

Execute that batch file to bring up the compiling menu. For this tutorial we're going to use the first option that will build everything. Input the number 1 and hit Enter, this will start compiling the software and getting it ready for use. Once it's done close it down and navigate out of the Tools folder and go into the Gameserver folder, inside among other folders you'll see a build folder, inside you'll have a zip file named ax_gameserver.zip. Open it up and extract the contents to a place where you'll be running your server from (eg. C:\server\). Now we do the same thing about the loginserver, we navigate into the folder LoginServer and then in the build folder, open the zip file in there and extract the contents to where the gameserver was extracted earlier.

STEP 9 - Now we need to implement the emulator database into our database folder. Switch back to the earlier opened Navicat lite and double click on the aionx_gs database that we created earlier in STEP 7, now right click on it once it's opened and select "Execute SQL File".

In the new window in the File field navigate to wherever you've extracted your gameserver from STEP 8 and inside the gameserver folder you'll have another folder named sql, navigate inside that folder and select the aionx_gs.sql file then click START.

Once this is done you can do the same thing with the droplist.sql file inside the drops folder. Once these 2 are finished, right click on the aionx_gs database on the left part of Navicat and select "Close Database". Now double click on the aionx_ls database to open it, right click on it and select "Execute SQL File", navigate to the loginserver and inside the sql folder inside of it then select the aionx_ls.sql file and click START. Once that is finished you are done importing all the database files into the database.

STEP 10 - Configuring the server, we navigate where we extracted the gameserver and loginserver folders, lets start with the loginserver first. Go inside of it and you'll see a config folder and then go into the network folder. Inside that folder there is two files we need to modify in order to get the server to run.

Inside the database.properties file we modify the line
Code:
database.password = PASSWORD

And we replace the PASSWORD with your MySQL password. Save the file and open the network.properties file. On the bottom change the accounts.autocreate to true. This will enable accounts to be auto created when someone tries to log in the server. You can change this later if you want to add some sort of a CMS and account creation website.

Now we navigate back to the gameserver folder and we go inside the config folder there. Only one file to modify here which is the default.config file which contains all the settings for the gameserver. First we change the database password with the MySQL password in the line "database.password = PASSWORD"
Next we scroll down to the line "gameserver.network.login.password = PASSWORD" and change the PASSWORD to something else that you want but make sure you remember it, we'll need it in a moment. Once you're satisfied with the config file, save it and go back to Navicat, double click on the aionx_ls database and in the tables double click on gameservers table to open it up. It will have 3 fields, under "ID" insert "1" (without the quotes), under "Mask" input "*" (asterix) and under "password" input the password that I told you to remember from the gameserver config file a moment ago. Close the table and it'll ask if you want to save the changes, select Yes.

Ok, if you've followed this guide step by step you should now be ready to start up your server for the first time. Go into your loginserver folder and execute the file startLogin.bat, after it is done booting (you'll know when it's done when it'll say something like "Login Server started in 5 seconds."), minimize the console window and go to the gameserver folder and execute startGame.bat. This one will take some time to start up depending on your computer speed but you'll know when it's done when it starts printing messages that it has connected to the login server.

STEP 11 - Connecting to your own server. Download the client files from above
Quote:
- Files needed to be able to get your client to connect to the server
and extract them into your Aion folder , overwriting existing files if asked to and then simply just start the game by using the PrivateServerLaunch.cmd file. Remember, accounts will be auto created as soon as you try to login.

Creating a GM account - Once you have an account on your server, make sure you're logged off, open Navicat and connect to the database, open the aionx_ls database and double click on the account_data table to open it and locate the account that you want to make a GM Account (All the characters in that account will be GMs). Set the access_level for that account to 3 and close it, saving the table. After that simply log back into that account and you'll have full GM access.

the full guide is from : Bootyroast ~ Aion X Emu
i just thought that's would be helpful for u guys

Thanks
10 Users
Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
hi nice guide..
but i stuck at ( save it and go back to Navicat, double click on the aionx_ls database and in the tables double click on gameservers table to open it up. It will have 3 fields, under "ID" insert "1" (without the quotes), under "Mask" input "*" (asterix) and under "password" input the password that I told you to remember from the gameserver config file a moment ago. Close the table and it'll ask if you want to save the changes, select Yes. )

plss help me thx

do we have to download aion client global?

Old   #3

ok i understand thats when u click save u got an error with the mask ?
and use North America Client
Old   #4

wat u mean by tis " Download the client files from the file section up top and extract them into your Aion folder "its put in AXE folder? or wat..plss explain to me..thx

Old   #5

srry about thats #Fixed

its mean thats u download the patch files for the client so they work with your server by the ip

extract it in Aion folder and replace the bin32 new files
Old   #6

np..i really curious to try

can u give me the link to aion client tat suit to ur emulator? plss
Old   #7

check your messages
Old   #8

Hi , I tried your method and works very well but when i try to log says : "Cannot connect to authorization server" . I don't know what to do so please help me remove the problem . I'm waiting for your answer.
Old   #9

"authorization server"
can i see the logs ? and check your SQL data
Thanks
1 User
Old   #10

Here's a picture with the error received :
When you say SQL DATA , you mean the AXE folder and waht's in it ?
If so here i think is a problem : a file is checked red and when i try to press SVN COMMIT i get this error:
I have version 2.5.0.5 on aion . Is that OK ?
Old   #11

ok first dont worry about the "!" mark on the file
second no its not u need 2.1 to use the game
Old   #12

Thanks for the reply i'll try and go back to say if works
Old   #13

hi thank you for the great guide but it seems the client file url is no longer working, does anyone have the file?

thank you
Old   #14

Great guide, got the emulator to work. Only thing stopping me is the client files. The url doesn't appear to be working. I really want to log into my server. If you could help me get the client files I would appreciate it greatly. Thank you.
Old   #15

hi.. where can we get the client files?

Closed Thread