Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > 9Dragons
You last visited: Today at 22:44

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

Is there any community there?

Reply
 
Old   #1
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 7
Received Thanks: 0
Is there any community there?

I'm just curious if there are still players who are waiting, for a new server and better server to come out and if they are willing to play on a version where level cap is Ps2-3 (before tibet) just like on acclaim, with all the features but of course higher rates.



mataegay93 is offline  
Old   #2
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10
Received Thanks: 3
I am, depending on the patch/Xp rates etc.


so_mani_lel is offline  
Old   #3
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 420
Received Thanks: 43
subscribed

































































.
bulan is offline  
Old   #4
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 235
Received Thanks: 46
Me too. Hopefully there will be one.


1993228 is offline  
Old   #5
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 41
Received Thanks: 4
i always check this section until i will upgrade my video card and be able to play age of wushu with more then 12 fps XD its a usa server out there u can play if u want something with same leagues
spykRo is offline  
Old   #6


 
elite*gold: 100
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 162
Received Thanks: 37
spykRo is the same for me with Age of Wushu,i played last time somewhere 4-5 months ago and FPS fell very much
Huskyboost is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #7
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 59
Received Thanks: 1
The problem is.. who will take the time to develop such a server?
We know whoever owns and develops the current private servers are at most mediocre developers who lack the power to fix most of the major buggs the private server files have.

I am sure if there is an actual QUALITY project that it will gain the attention it deserves... but for years only junk has been going around in this scene and I feel like we lose people every year.
wamzor is offline  
Old   #8
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,084
Received Thanks: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamzor View Post
The problem is.. who will take the time to develop such a server?
We know whoever owns and develops the current private servers are at most mediocre developers who lack the power to fix most of the major bugs the private server files have.

I am sure if there is an actual QUALITY project that it will gain the attention it deserves... but for years only junk has been going around in this scene and I feel like we lose people every year.
So just make a team that will work for free* until you manage to fix those major bugs with nothing but RE the client & GS. Then you MAYBE will gain some money from it. That's the point.

I don't mind joining such project, though I have to finish my university thesis for the graduate. On the other hand, nobody will ever ask me to join them, because the most of my ideas are... unusual.
adek1994 is offline  
Old   #9
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 7
Received Thanks: 0
Anyone can estimate how much it will cost to develop a server like this if you hire a team of developers?
mataegay93 is offline  
Old   #10
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10
Received Thanks: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by adek1994 View Post
So just make a team that will work for free* until you manage to fix those major bugs with nothing but RE the client & GS. Then you MAYBE will gain some money from it. That's the point.

I don't mind joining such project, though I have to finish my university thesis for the graduate. On the other hand, nobody will ever ask me to join them, because the most of my ideas are... unusual.
I'm 100% with you on this one. I'd devote my free time to helping the server run smoothly without looking for anything in return.

Only thing is, no one would actually do it. Someone show me how to do the **** so I can get this up and running!
so_mani_lel is offline  
Old   #11
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,084
Received Thanks: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by so_mani_lel View Post
I'm 100% with you on this one. I'd devote my free time to helping the server run smoothly without looking for anything in return.

Only thing is, no one would actually do it. Someone show me how to do the **** so I can get this up and running!
It depends what kind of **** you want to prepare. If it's just about changing resources and combines - it's trivial. Same goes for changing the stuff that Plastic, Bogdy or me posted somewhere around there.

I guess some basic programming and scripting knowledge would be nice to have to start the server. Same goes for SQL. If you want to do some advanced stuff, you need to learn reverse engineering, networking and injecting the code.

I think that's all about it. Feel free to PM me if you actually need something.
adek1994 is offline  
Old   #12
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 59
Received Thanks: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by adek1994 View Post
It depends what kind of **** you want to prepare. If it's just about changing resources and combines - it's trivial. Same goes for changing the stuff that Plastic, Bogdy or me posted somewhere around there.

I guess some basic programming and scripting knowledge would be nice to have to start the server. Same goes for SQL. If you want to do some advanced stuff, you need to learn reverse engineering, networking and injecting the code.

I think that's all about it. Feel free to PM me if you actually need something.
I think the best one to LEAD any project would be someone who knows the files of 9Dragons and has experience with them.

My coding is purely Java as it is a hobby of mine... I am a music composer so honestly starting a project like that wont get me anywhere, current servers are owned by people who do it for $$$$$$$ and these same ppl get ****** over by viets.
wamzor is offline  
Old   #13
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,084
Received Thanks: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamzor View Post
I think the best one to LEAD any project would be someone who knows the files of 9Dragons and has experience with them.

My coding is purely Java as it is a hobby of mine... I am a music composer so honestly starting a project like that wont get me anywhere, current servers are owned by people who do it for $$$$$$$ and these same ppl get ****** over by viets.
My coding skill varies: I take the C# programming as a hobby, and I have some of the commercial experience with it as well; I do know C++ on a kinda good level, and now I'm into Java as well (as junior dev/QA, though).

I know some people who know the files, but, basically, they won't host the server by themselves. See, we once started Project Alpha, and it was a success on our side; since we managed to bring the stuff we wanted to show to the community. Strangely enough, a lot of people are now basing on the stuff we did in the past, no matter what will they say.

If you find somebody to:
  • pay for the server,
  • hire developers and community manager,
  • manage the legal issues,

then most of the devs I know would be in. Though, gotta say it, you can NOT bring all the good stuff if you are going to do everything by yourself. See: PA, 9DPK. Though it's not completely a truth for the PA project; since there were 5 of us on a start, we finished it as a team of three: 2 devs and 1 server manager. With almost no experience in hosting the server. Well, we can see many issues thanks to that, though.
adek1994 is offline  
Old   #14
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 59
Received Thanks: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by adek1994 View Post
My coding skill varies: I take the C# programming as a hobby, and I have some of the commercial experience with it as well; I do know C++ on a kinda good level, and now I'm into Java as well (as junior dev/QA, though).

I know some people who know the files, but, basically, they won't host the server by themselves. See, we once started Project Alpha, and it was a success on our side; since we managed to bring the stuff we wanted to show to the community. Strangely enough, a lot of people are now basing on the stuff we did in the past, no matter what will they say.

If you find somebody to:
  • pay for the server,
  • hire developers and community manager,
  • manage the legal issues,

then most of the devs I know would be in. Though, gotta say it, you can NOT bring all the good stuff if you are going to do everything by yourself. See: PA, 9DPK. Though it's not completely a truth for the PA project; since there were 5 of us on a start, we finished it as a team of three: 2 devs and 1 server manager. With almost no experience in hosting the server. Well, we can see many issues thanks to that, though.
Legal issues are not really a problem in the 9Dragons scene as far as people told me.

I doubt developing this would be insanely difficult, I just never got my hands on any form of decent files for 9Dragons.


Server fees would just be the VPS expenses which could be easily paid back with some form of item mall, which does not specifically has to be pay2win if it has some well developped bonus features.
wamzor is offline  
Old   #15
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 270
Received Thanks: 158
There's no community in 9Dragons anymore, it's more of a psychotic biome between people who can't let go of such an outdated game.

However, if that's what you're referring to as a community then yeah, there's probably 2 main servers at the moment until they close and make a new again as they always do.

Honestly, I wouldn't waste my time if I were you, just look for another game.


askur1 is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Reply



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Similar Threads
Any twink community on any private server?
Is there any private server that still has twink pvp?
0 Replies - Aion Private Server
Is there any working hacks out there?!
I hav'nt found one hack that was working. Either they crash the whole thing or they just dont do anything. The only hack who does work (and it works...
0 Replies - WarRock
Is there any English FLYFF servers out there?
like topic says
3 Replies - Flyff Main - Discussions / Questions
is there any Agbot compatible auto buffer that switches weapons out there?
just as the title says.
0 Replies - SRO Main - Discussions / Questions
Is there any more hack there?
Is there any more hacks there?I only see few hacks...
3 Replies - Eudemons Online



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:44.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Abuse
Copyright ©2018 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.