Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers › MMORPGs › 12Sky2
You last visited: Today at 18:30

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement



Legacy Sky - Development journey

Discussion on Legacy Sky - Development journey within the 12Sky2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Reply
 
Old   #1
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 67
Received Thanks: 50
Cool Legacy Sky - Development journey


Legacy Sky

Twelve Sky 2.5 Classic Development Journey



Discord Join button is available on the website.

__________________________________________________ ____________

About the Project

Hello everyone.

Some of you may remember me from years ago. I've been away from the Twelve Sky community for quite a while, and now I want to make a proper comeback by building the server I've always wanted to play myself.

This isn't a "launch fast and hope for the best" project.

My goal is to create a retail-like x2 Classic Twelve Sky 2.5 server that veterans can enjoy for years.

More importantly, I want to build it together with the community.

Every bug report, suggestion, balance discussion and idea is welcome, as long as it respects the original Classic feeling of Twelve Sky.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Current Development Progress

The project is already well underway and development continues almost every day.

Some of the improvements currently in progress include:
  • True 60 FPS gameplay.
  • Reduced input delay and smoother client performance.
  • Proxy/Relay networking system to improve latency for players around the world.
  • General client optimization.
  • Server optimization and stability improvements.
  • Restoring the original blue interface.
  • Reworking shaders, lighting and colors to recreate the classic atmosphere.
  • Optional MaynGames-inspired music and sound package.
  • Removing or making optional systems that don't fit the Classic vision.
  • Fixing long-standing bugs and improving overall game stability.

The objective isn't to change Twelve Sky into another game.

It's to preserve everything that made it special while polishing the technical side and making it smoother, more stable and simply more enjoyable.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Future Goals

While preserving the Classic gameplay, I'd also like to introduce carefully selected quality-of-life improvements.

One of my biggest goals is developing one of the best integrated Voice Chat systems available for Twelve Sky.

Imagine being able to communicate naturally with your guild, party or friends during leveling, boss fights, faction wars or simply while relaxing in town—all without relying on third-party applications.

Voice chat would always remain optional, but I believe it could make the community feel much more alive and connected while preserving the spirit of the original game.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Website & Discord

The project already has its own website:




There you can currently:
  • Register an account.
  • Download the client.
  • Follow development progress.
  • Join our Discord community.

The website will continue to grow together with the project.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Donations

Legacy Sky does NOT depend on donations to stay online.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to fund the project myself.

If one day Legacy Sky earns something in return for the months of work invested into it, I think that's completely fair.

However, making money has never been the reason I'm building this project.

The priority has always been creating the Classic Twelve Sky server that many veterans have been waiting for.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Another Passion Project

Alongside Legacy Sky, I'm also actively working on another classic MMORPG — Troy Online.

The philosophy is exactly the same: preserve the original experience while improving the technical side and keeping these classic games alive for today's players.

I simply enjoy bringing old MMORPGs back to life.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Community Recruitment

Legacy Sky is intended to become an international community.

I'm currently looking for volunteers who would like to become part of the project as:
  • Game Masters
  • Community Managers

I'm especially looking for people who speak:
  • Russian
  • Turkish
  • Chinese
  • Tagalog
  • Korean

If you're friendly, active and enjoy helping players, I'd be happy to hear from you.

Feel free to contact me through our Discord server.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Who Am I Looking For?
  • Veterans who genuinely miss the original Twelve Sky.
  • Players interested in testing new builds.
  • People who enjoy finding and reporting bugs.
  • Players willing to share constructive ideas and suggestions.
  • People who enjoy helping shape a game instead of simply playing it.
  • Anyone looking for a friendly, drama-free community.

Whether you want to help with development, test new features, moderate the community or simply relive old memories with fellow veterans, you're more than welcome.

Development won't stop after launch.

This is intended to be a long-term journey, and I'd love to build Legacy Sky together with the community from the very beginning.

__________________________________________________ ____________


Thank you for reading!

Website



Discord

Available through the Join Discord button on the website.

I hope to see many familiar faces again.

Let's build the Twelve Sky 2.5 Classic server we've all been waiting for.
[TG]Natzugen is offline  
Old   #2
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 67
Received Thanks: 50
You can follow our patch-notes here.


I'm planning to turn this game into more engaging and interesting phase.
Voice chat system is coming soon. Currently working on proximity server and preparing it's UI.

[TG]Natzugen is offline  
Reply


Similar Threads Similar Threads
Sky sky prämie beim kauf von sky
01/17/2017 - Off Topic - 3 Replies
Hey du hast interesse an sky? wieso nicht ein 35euro mediamarkt gutschein abgreifen? Würde wie folgt laufen. Ich werbe dich als freund sobald du dann sky bestellt hast bekommst du nach 6-8 wochen deinen 35 euro mediamarkt gutschein direkt von sky. wieso ich das mache durch das werben bekomme auch ich diesen gutschein. Natürlich könnt ihr euch auch ohne meine einladung sky bestellen aber dann bekommt ihr keinen gutschein.



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:30.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Abuse
Copyright ©2026 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.