Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 16:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

All botters read this!!! {Stop Botting}

Discussion on All botters read this!!! {Stop Botting} within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I think we should all just stop botting until your specific server has had its bot check. Because the list of bots they've found on each server is HUGE!

Oasis: 1,234 bots banned
Venice: 1,219 bots banned
Troy: 1,032 bots banned
Athens: 1,163 bots banned

A total of 4,648 bots have been banned just within the scan of 4 servers!

Are you willing to risk carrying on botting?

Before, botting was safe, because they'd only ban 10-20 bots from each server, so there was a very small chance it'd be you. But now they're banning THOUSANDS from each server so I don't think it's safe to bot at all.

It's obvious they've found some method of tracking bots, because those lazy ass admins didnt go around PMing 4,648 people I'm 100% positive they didn't.

Also don't you think it's a coincidence that our bot keeps going down too? Maybe they found away to block it that's why DB7 has to crack it every day? If so, then they could easily find a way of tracking those whom use it...

Just my opinion. STOP BOTTING for a while!

<hr>Append on May 17 2007, 14:22<hr> Botting Pre-cautions :

Since the GMs are supposedly "cracking down on bots within the next month" I thought I'd make a guide which will explain how to bot as safely as possible.

I will put together a list of things you should and shouldn't do when botting, if I get something wrong or miss something out then don't hesitate to correct me.

Things to do whilst botting

#1 Babysit your bot
Reason: Simple, if a GM PMs you with a bot check, you're there to deny it.
Note: Stop botting as soon as you get a pink MSG off a [GM] and answer asap.

#2 Don't bot overnight
Reason: If you get a GM bot check whilst your sleeping, you'l be banned no question.
Note: Stall overnight instead of botting.

#3 Turn off all "auto-dc when meet GM".
Reason: If a GM has received reports you're a bot, they'l more than likely want to PM you and check. If they see you come online and try to PM you and the bot auto-dc's you, it will look too suspicious and they will probably just ban you because they're too lazy to check again.

#4 Stop the bot when using return scroll
Reason: All bots follow the same route in towns and if the GMs had any sense they could just sit in the towns and PM check anyone that follows the bot route.
Reason2: Bots sometimes get stuck in town areas and que, again the GMs could just pm check you.
Solution: Do the town trip manual.

#5 Bot the hours you'd usually play
Reason: GMs can see when you log on and off, so if you play 24hours every day you're either superhuman and don't need to sleep or you're a bot.

#6 Don't bot where it's over crowded (eg east hotan) or on roads
Reason: Obvious, you will get spotted and banned.
Solution: Bot as far away from towns as possible and away from other players if possible.

#7 Turn auto-invite party off
Reason: All normal users get desirous of our advantages with the bot, so a lot of users report to GMs even mild suspicions of bot useage. Some players purposely search for botters to get them banned.

#8 Use pets, sos if available, & join a guild
Reason: A lot of bots use the same NPC set, no pets and have no guild, so wearing sos and using pets, with a guild, you'l look less like a bot.

#9 Turn off KS
Reason: Same as #7.

#10 Answer all PMs from any player
Reason: Same as #7

#11 Use a normal name
Inferno's quote: "get a normal name and not something like dfjgihljngmsqdfj"
Reason: Only bots use dumb names like JHDFKJHSDJHFKJS.

#12 Fight with skills/imbue
Inferno's quote: "use skills and imbue not just use auto attack"
Reason: Look's less like a bot.

#13 Use only the main buffs
somaro's quote: "Dont use more than 3 buffs if u do , its easeyer to see that u bot.."
Solution: Use the defence/attck buff specific to the mob you're killing & grass walk, forget the rest.

#14 Don't bot in the same area for long periods
Reason: Too suspicious, change your X & Y as much as possible.

#15 Don't use the same username as your character in bot forums and/or show your player stats
Reason: Wouldn't take much for a SR user with authority to find a bot forum and search all the usernames in the forum to match any within SR with the same name and stats.

#16 Don't use auto chat-back
okinawa's example:
GM : hey
bot : nani ?
GM : what ? can you speak english please ?
bot : gome, ei go wakara nai
GM : ............
bot : ............
GM : alrite, have fun leveling <GM about to leave to check other player>
GM : - _ -
bot : .............
GM : .....hehehe so you are botting indeed
bot : nani ?
GM : english.
GM : gotcha
Explanation: If you keep repeating the same phrases it's obvious it's automated, so don't use it.

#17 Chat whilst you babysit
mrinnocent's quote: "people suspect u less of botting if your talking."
Reason: Most people wont think you're a bot if you're talking, because most bots dont talk.
Important note: Don't talk whilst your killing. Normal players can't do it.

NOTE: THIS THREAD WILL NOT PREVENT YOU FROM GETTING BANNED, BUT IT COULD HELP LOWER THE CHANCES OF GETTING CAUGHT!

NOTE2: Transfer all your valuables to a different account incase you do get banned. If you're unlucky enough to get caught, transferring your goods to another account beforehand wont ensure it'll be safe, because they can check transfer logs, but its better than doing nothing as there's a chance they wont follow up the transer logs.

Good luck to all. Happy botting.
Old 05/17/2007, 14:23   #2

and xang & aegeżż
Old 05/17/2007, 14:30   #3

not out yet ..
Old 05/17/2007, 14:46   #4

i agree ipb ..^_^
Old 05/17/2007, 14:46   #5

ipb , i m sorry to say, even with those methods u will get banned.
Korean GM's are not stupid as American GM's.
if u dont want to get ban
#1. dont bot
#2. buy silk+buy bot card
i m pretty sure they dont PM every single person on the server. They juz look for cracked version of sro_client simple as that.
Old 05/17/2007, 14:51   #6

As i have noticed they are checking oldest then newer ones.. give me 10mins and i will wrinte then which server was opened so then 4-5 servers are left before yours is checked you could turn off your bot.

But it wasn't proved. It only looks like it by theyr 4 servers checked.
Old 05/17/2007, 14:53   #7

i am not play da game any more i hate silkroad .. ^_^

i post this topic bec many ppl botting ..
and no one want stop anyway i have exam's and i really hate this game .. and hate my pc and lag and everything about this game lol am posting topic if any one need to bot ok if not >> not

and sorry my english not good
Old 05/17/2007, 14:54   #8

Xian,Aege,Troy,Babel,Athens,Oasis,Venice,Greece,Al ps, Olympus,Tibet,Red Sea, Rome, Sparta, Eldorado,Pacific, Alexander,Zeus, Persia.

These are from oldest one to newest one.
Old 05/17/2007, 14:55   #9

lol see this pics >>>
Gm
like sleeping

Old 05/17/2007, 14:57   #10

if botting is so hrad, dun play.... with thhose safety precautions u give.... i think it same as grinding.... u need to sit in front of the com... anyone has any nice games to recommend??
Old 05/17/2007, 15:01   #11

Xian server hasnt bann list so far.
Old 05/17/2007, 15:01   #12

babysiting your bot is not same as hand-grinding...I can lvl and read forums at same time...
Old 05/17/2007, 15:04   #13

anyway bot not work .. and i cant read and bot in same time bec my pc bad and iam not lunch silkorad from 2 day i think ! and i think i will fo ever ..
Old 05/17/2007, 15:04   #14

I wonder what is ..

Ohh.. yeah.. its xian ban list ^_^
Old 05/17/2007, 15:04   #15

Just bot with botcard + silks and u won't get banned ^^