Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Coding Corner
You last visited: Today at 10:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[HELP] One question about programing

Discussion on [HELP] One question about programing within the SRO Coding Corner forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[HELP] One question about programing

Hi. I want to know what i need to create bot . Like mbot, ribot, ibot and etc..
What programing skills and what type of programing(c++,vb..). ?
Old 03/04/2011, 16:35   #2

elite*gold: 844
ithink you need to get source codes and you can start with VB
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/04/2011, 16:39   #3

well you can use all the higher programming languages so c++ c# vb.net python they are all fine some are faster than others but that's your choice if you want an easier language which is overall faster in development take C# or vb.net

once you know a language you can start on network programming and understand how that works. once you've done that part you could create some kind of proxy which the client connects with and let the proxy connect with the server (so you can filter packets which you don't want the client to send or receive) but the main function is you can send a packet by yourself so that's your bot. you get something from the server analyze it process the packet and send something to the server.

btw don't forget about the encryption:P

That is one of the solutions which you could try it would be quite a fast way(if you programmed it well) to create a bot.

I'm sure that other people have solutions for you like injection to the client ect.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/04/2011, 16:51   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_owner View Post
well you can use all the higher programming languages so c++ c# vb.net python they are all fine some are faster than others but that's your choice if you want an easier language which is overall faster in development take C# or vb.net

once you know a language you can start on network programming and understand how that works. once you've done that part you could create some kind of proxy which the client connects with and let the proxy connect with the server (so you can filter packets which you don't want the client to send or receive) but the main function is you can send a packet by yourself so that's your bot. you get something from the server analyze it process the packet and send something to the server.

That is one of the solutions which you could try it would be quite a fast way(if you programmed it well) to create a bot.

I'm sure that other people have solutions for you like injection to the client ect.
lol nice replay kevin_owner
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/04/2011, 16:58   #5

Quote:

Thanks for answer. What programming language best for you =) ?
Old 03/04/2011, 17:01   #6

for me it's C++ cause it's fast, multi platform and you got the most control about your program with the memory part cause it's closer to the hardware.

Yes it's harder to learn (pointers are sometimes hard for beginners) but i think it's worth cause it's really a nice language
Old 03/04/2011, 17:07   #7

Quote:
for me it's C++ cause it's fast, multi platform and you got the most control about your program with the memory part cause it's closer to the hardware.

Yes it's harder to learn (pointers are sometimes hard for beginners) but i think it's worth cause it's really a nice language
What you created good with c++ ?

And do you know where i can find web page with c++ for beginners ?
Old 03/04/2011, 17:20   #8

here you can find it

Thanks
1 User
Old 03/04/2011, 17:34   #9

i might get an infraction but to make a bot you need free time
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/04/2011, 18:20   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootdisk View Post
i might get an infraction but to make a bot you need free time
It would be weird of you would get an infraction for that cause you are right

anyway to give you some kind of a timeline cause you can't just learn C++ networking and creating a bot in a few weeks well with some previous experience it might be or if you spend 24/7 on learning.
But it will take an average person a few months to be comfortable with some basics of C++ and then you can start to learn about network stuff which will take a while. Once you understand those kinds of thing you can think about a bot but you still need a lot of practice.

So think about it cause you can't just think for example: i'm going to write a bot in this weekend. you just need a lot of free time, patience and you will probably spend a lot of time solving problems which can be pretty annoying but it's all part of the programming language so you need to face. When I got a problem these days i'm not thinking like owh my god a problem GOOGLE but I see it as a challange cause solving problems gives you the most experience.

Edit:
forgot to answer your questions White&Black so i'm answering them now
Quote:
Originally Posted by White&Black View Post
What you created good with c++ ?

And do you know where i can find web page with c++ for beginners ?
Oke well I don't understand the first one but is it like what i created with C++? if so well just some small programs to test stuff get comfortable with the language and i'm now at a point to create some bigger applications to see how those kind of things work. like a little emulator project i'm working on right now.

But if you mean what can you create with C++ well anything you want if it's a game or just a little calculator program almost if not anything is possible.

Oke well your second question I would advice to buy a good book about C++. (you can get it for free but that's illegal so just buy it and support the writers) online resource are also quite good but it's just what you prefer everyone learns different someone learns the best with a book someone else with source codes or with some tutorials on the web.
but some search queries which will give you a pretty good result on googl would be:
C++ beginner tutorial
C++ beginners guide
getting started with C++

just the usual stuff
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/04/2011, 20:27   #11

Received Thanks: 3,160
Here's some tips

1-Learn C++
2-Learn more about TCP connections
3-learn some packet sniffing
4-start to code
Old 03/04/2011, 20:54   #12

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastThief View Post
Here's some tips

1-Learn C++
2-Learn more about TCP connections
3-learn some packet sniffing
4-start to code
nice tips LastThief
but i have alill problem with learn some packet sniffing can you give me any link to website for learning snaiffing im not very good with sniffing and i need to learn it well
Old 03/04/2011, 21:00   #13

Received Thanks: 1,517
1. Learn a programming language. (C#, C++, VB.Net or Java)
2. Learn about TCP networking in your language.
3. Code a base for your bot. (reader/writer, database functions, ...)
4. Learn about SRO's file types. (for pathfinding for example)
5. Sniff and analyze the packets, optionally document them.
6. Continue expanding your bot with the knowledge you gained.

A good set of C# tutorials:
When you really can't find an answer to a question, you can ask it at , a community based question-answer site.
Old 03/04/2011, 21:22   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesderid View Post
1. Learn a programming language. (C#, C++, VB.Net or Java)
2. Learn about TCP networking in your language.
3. Code a base for your bot. (reader/writer, database functions, ...)
4. Learn about SRO's file types. (for pathfinding for example)
5. Sniff and analyze the packets, optionally document them.
6. Continue expanding your bot with the knowledge you gained.

A good set of C# tutorials:
When you really can't find an answer to a question, you can ask it at , a community based question-answer site.
nice work lesderid and btw im sorry that`s i didnt send the e-mail for you cuz this guy didnt open from 2 weaks and i cant rememper his e-mail but when he open i will send it for you
Old 03/04/2011, 21:58   #15

OMFG.i see There is a lot of work on it from you posts =). But worth to try