Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server > Shaiya PServer Development
You last visited: Today at 01:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

About Linked Battlefields in our private servers

Discussion on About Linked Battlefields in our private servers within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,093
About Linked Battlefields in our private servers

Hello!
Everyone know that our serverfiles were stollen from official shaiya, so everything that was in official shaiya (during episode 4 kr or 5.3 german) should be in our private servers.

If you click on "Battlegrounds" then you'll see what I mean.
In this linked maps, your guild name become your server name ect

Our server do have this service called PS_GameWar.exe but no one is using it as I know... But maybe its because no one know how to ?

It could very interesting to make some linked servers for our private servers, I mean that we have fewer and fewer players everyday and it could be a decent solution to keep an active PvP in some similar private servers that would use it, instead of having to close.

So, do someone know how to make it/could bring more informations about it ?
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/15/2015, 00:00   #2

I'm pretty sure some server has done this in the past.

It's linked with the 100 - 108 maps, and using the MapWar.ini file.
This might be the reason why when you enter one of those maps, and logout, you get kicked back to your capital (as happened on OS when you joined the linked PvP Battles)

Would be interesting if anyone had any other info on this, however i don't think it could be used to link more than 1 server together, especially in a stable way. (Think, each server with their custom stats + 1000 to all)
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/16/2015, 06:28   #3

Credits to whoever posted this on former ShaiyaDevTeam forums
Old 11/17/2015, 01:04   #4

I think that is just to get 2 servers to show on your "login list"
I don't think it allows for the capital portals to allow a "joint server" map battle.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/17/2015, 22:59   #5

yes first you must have 2 servers to link the map together with then you add both ips in the Gamewar

you would add it like this in the game war

[GAMESERVERS]
// Game01 = name, Mapping ServerID, Mapping DB ID(use prev server id), GameServer IP, DBAgent IP, GameLog IP
GameServerCount=2
Game01=Shaiya server1, 1, 1, 127.0.0.1, 127.0.0.1, 127.0.0.1
Game02=Shaiya server2, 2, 1, ***, ***, ***

this is why you only see US shaiya link them between its owne servers and not say for instance Shaiya US Shaiya CN Shaiya KR all linked
Old 11/18/2015, 21:58   #6

they only did this because back in the Day millions of ppl played shaiya and 1 server couldent hold every 1 so they started makeing more and more servers untill hey had 4 servers they then started linking them for pvp so you could battle ppl on difrent servers its nice idea but no private server has the player base to even have 2 servers to link
Old 11/18/2015, 23:44   #7

It was for events (on official) the linked PvP battles between the 4 servers that existed on OS.
They held the Linked battle a few times a month. (Back in early EP4 anyway)
And technically, if you have 2 serves, both with a full raid on each side. It would work more than fine. However, i'm still not entirely sure if private servers have the capability to actually make it work how it should.
Thanks
1 User