Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server > Shaiya PServer Development
You last visited: Today at 10:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Problems with creating a patch for Items.

Discussion on Problems with creating a patch for Items. within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Problems with creating a patch for Items.

How do I implicate shaiya studio's edited file such as the Item.sql / Item.SData into a patch?

I followed the tutorial to the letter and I was able to impliment the logo change with no problems.

I have been working on customizing the gears such as their stats and looks with shaiya studios. After I have completed an item I would save it and follow through the process of making it a patch and it did not work. I have tried both ways of making it a patch such as keeping it as an Item.sql as well as renaming it to Item.SData. And yes I have made sure that I was following the correct path from data/item/Item.sql and data/item/Item.SData. The updater accepts the patch and I am able to login and choose the server, but I always get the same error of "Character Login Error"

Please and Thank You in advance.
Old 07/06/2013, 16:50   #2

At least as far as I know, this happens because the client is not cast for such items as each item has its drop, I recommend you leave the item.SData like this if you do not give the error will follow.
sorry for my English, I use google translator
Old 07/06/2013, 18:33   #3

UNeo u geting this error cas item.sdata u try to import is not encrypted.I always recomand ppl to use LPH shaiya data file tool for making patch.Very easy to use.
Old 07/08/2013, 12:50   #4

Item.SData is for the client (you put it on your patch)
Item.sql is for the database, you run that file in SQL Management Studio.

Every item you add or edit in Item.SData has to be added/edited in the database also (they have to match on some aspects).

If you use LPH Data Tool, you may extract the full client to any folder you want, edit what you want to edit, add files, textures, etc. Then save you work.

Then just copy (not move, but copy) just the new added/edited files to the /Data folder in LPH Data Tool (it has 3 folders, Data, Ouptput and Patch).

Then open LPH Data Tool and choose 'Create Patch' from the menu. It will make a patch with the files in /Data and put the patch in /Output

After patching the client remember to add the new/edited items to the database (you do it with the Items.sql file)
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread