Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 14:19

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Announcement] Rohan 2.0 union server

Discussion on [Announcement] Rohan 2.0 union server within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Announcement] Rohan 2.0 union server

So since OldRohan (the main server) went down I've been working on some new cool features and how I really imagined a true balanced a fun server with content and actual work to do instead of all the shit which is currently out there. In the process I left the OldRohan event server to reqviem and he aswell came up with some really cool features.

We've recently started selling our Hero3 files and in the process we've decided to now start working on a union server with two customers. You may know them, Ray from Chaos Rohan and DevParanoid from Zenon.

We will be doing a union server, mostly consisting of the OldRohan changeset plus additional features I've been developing while OldRohan went down for the event server. As you might have figured, I will be taking the position as the lead developer content and gameplay wise. With the addition of Ray and DevParanoid new possibilities will open, such as 24/7 community support, daily events, more rapid developments and changes.
Furthermore, if all goes well, we will have quiet some crowded server since a) population wont split as much and b) we will be pulling players out from multiple pools such as the international regions and mostly asia (pinoys/indos).

Here some information and thoughts about the server. Of course those can change at any time and are aswell subject to discussions here on the forums etc.

- OldRohan skillset (heavily modded/replaced/changed)
- Hero2 & Hero3 skills (heavily modded/replaced/changed)
- Heroic power being changed to increase stats based on class

- Weapons/Armors have most dropable stats removed such as ACC, EVA, ME/MA/RA%, PD/MD. Those now drop with 0-3 of the 6 base stats only.

- Stat system has been heavily reworked.
=> Agility has been replaced with durability (giving pd/md)
=> Strength gives RA/ME attack, no PD.
=> Dexterity gives critical chance, no RA/ACC.
=> Intelligence gives MA, no MD.
=> Psyche gives Elemental, no Mana/MD.
=> Vitality gives HP/MP, no PD.
Of course this implies alot of changes to class skills. Alot of balance included. There wont be any ME/MA/RA% modifiers, only buffs and increases which work on the 6 base stats. Let me make it clear, only the 6 base stats are being increased and decreased across the board.

- EVA/ACC are now fixed parts of weapons and armory. You will require certain weapon/armor tiers to actually hit mobs in your level range, otherwise you cant evade/hit. The evasion system has been rewritten therefore.

- Weapon/Armor drops will be more rare, but there wont be no garbage. Everything will drop with 75%-100% of the maximum stat. Dont expect full bags of trash.

- The elemental system has been rewritten. Alot of skills make use of it and its now a true stat which can be increased by "resistances" previously available on rings. Those "Resistances" will now aswell be carried by bossdrops and will be carried over on the ancient equipment when being forged. It will increase damage of skills which are based on elementals and aswell your imbue damage.

- Crafting of weapons/armory will be a thing and be a true alternative to forging.
- Crafting will therefore be redone and made simpler.
- Crafting will require previous junk drops from mobs such as "Bloody helmet fragment". There wont be junk drops anymore.
- There will be legendary weapons like on oldrohan. Those legendaries will require farmable/boss dropable parts to be forged and will carry sockets.
- Craft weapons/armory will be settled inbetween those legendaries and ancients.
- Bosses will drop the real endgame armory/weapons as special drops. Those will have set effects.
- Sockets will be used to add skills, yes real skills, to armory/weapons.

- Elemental dungeon will be readjusted to be in the levelrange of 90-120. (Minor/Medium/Hard)
- Twins will be double twins like in oldrohan, giving a 4 part set bonus.
- IP tickets, only gainable by the dungeon (unlike other servers) will be used to buy special goodies at the IP merchant such as special socket stones giving special skills and following the ELEMENTAL dungeon theme.
- Elemental dungeon will give access to special talismans, giving a) skills and b) huge stat boni.

- Maps will be redone. This means mobs will carry different level ranges generating more endgame and midgame areas.
- Most of the normal leveling and repeatable quests will be removed therefore since they wont make any sense.
- There will be lots of open world bosses and more bosses in general since bosses are now not longer restricted to dropping rings but aswell real equipment.

- There will be daily recuring quests such as the Evermore quest (firetemple firearmor quest) which will grant special goodies such as ASES and other nice things to the winners.
- There will be repeatable quests and huge quest chains, solo chest, etc to keep you busy.
- Previously closed down areas will be open now. You will find more npcs and possibilities.
- New dungeons will be added.
- Ashkeena/Survival arena/Power arena/Clashing valley are in the works but wont be content on server start.

This is just a small glimps of whats coming, there is alot more to it! Most of the above has already been implemented and tested. Ray will probably start posting preview videos as soon as we get our infrastructure running.
I would like to get feedback and start an OBJECTIVE discussion. Those who know me and my changes from OldRohan learned to live with them at some point and know that what im doing actually makes sense. So before raging, step back, think about it and come at me in an objective way. There is more to it than the glimps of what you can catch here and I know that aot of the above sounds drastic, but believe me it all fits together. Either way, if you dislike all of this, you wont need to play the server. Even tho, it might be worth a shot to just test it and see if it works for you. You can still move on afterwards.

Server ETA TBA haters.

Discuss

Update 07.11.16:
We now do have a discord channel. We will aswell have our forums back up in a bit. Make sure to check this thread, the discord or our forums for future updates!
Thanks
5 Users
Old 11/04/2016, 19:33   #2

sounds great good luck to you guys !
Old 11/04/2016, 20:30   #3

Good Luck.
Kudos to DevParanoid!
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/04/2016, 22:20   #4

uh 1 year eta inc xD jk ill check it out 100%
Old 11/04/2016, 22:39   #5

I said 1-4 weeks nub! Most of the above is already done. Currently setting up all the boss armors/weapons and fixing their graphics.
Old 11/04/2016, 22:47   #6

Gl with server but pls dont hate if you still get like 20 players online and someone points it out
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/04/2016, 23:12   #7

What else could I expect from my so well informed and beloved fanboy. :*
Old 11/05/2016, 00:57   #8

make a discord channel its fun
Old 11/05/2016, 08:56   #9

Can't wait for it .
Old 11/05/2016, 10:33   #10

it will be like everyother server, all people will be like 'omg omg this selvel so guut' and after 2-3 weeks its community will go from *** to 50-40 online, so usual stuff in rohan.
Old 11/05/2016, 10:38   #11

Itll take a bit longer than just 2-3 weeks. After all OldRohan ran 200-300 players for about 7-8 months. But yea eventually we'll reach that point.
Old 11/05/2016, 14:08   #12

gib us zhe server, or atleast discord so we can complain its not up yet
Old 11/05/2016, 14:09   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevernajt View Post
it will be like everyother server, all people will be like 'omg omg this selvel so guut' and after 2-3 weeks its community will go from *** to 50-40 online, so usual stuff in rohan.
This is the fate of any private server that does not keep up with new features & content, is too easy/hard to play, has too many outages or has staff that is not available 24/7.
Old 11/05/2016, 14:28   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
This is the fate of any private server that does not keep up with new features & content, is too easy/hard to play, has too many outages or has staff that is not available 24/7.
Yep, there was a lot of servers that just open'd and Devs left them over with no answers from Staff team or ingame events going on
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/05/2016, 15:13   #15

wait u have ray on the team? kill us now. a indo would be better
Thanks
2 Users