Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 02:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[POLL]Private servers future

Discussion on [POLL]Private servers future within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

View Poll Results: What you think is the problem
Problem from the game itself, SRO is old game and dying 14 19.18%
Problem from the players, they always switch to the best server 22 30.14%
Problem from the Owners, they must work with different technique 16 21.92%
All the first 4, and there no solution can solve this. 14 19.18%
All the first 4, and there is solution can solve this. 7 9.59%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07/15/2015, 20:07   #16

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 1,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidy. View Post
For how long? 4, 5 maybe 6 months ! then what..
the result will be the same.
That's how every MMO works, not only Silkroad, for example in TERA gear gets updated every 6-7 months, but after you get your gear you have plenty of things to do with it that is very fun and rewarding, mainly Guild vs Guild is rewarding.
Old 07/15/2015, 20:31   #17

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,188
Quote:
For how long? 4, 5 maybe 6 months ! then what..
the result will be the same.
Raise the cap of the server. So, players will have another goal.
Old 07/15/2015, 21:09   #18

Received Thanks: 1,455
Quote:
I will pick the first and 2nd option.
but no, it has nothing to do with the owners in my opinion. no matter how the server is perfect they will shut it down sooner or later for the lake of activities, everyone already reached his/her own goal nothing left for you there. the server get closed and the private servers cycle continue.
''''
Sure, they switch because they have other options(other pservers), when we was playing sjsro and swsro we was using autoit auto pot and a auto key-presser by lolkop and played it for much time without getting bored.
Now because everyone want his own pserver and its still the same from 3 years lol.
Old 07/15/2015, 22:28   #19

elite*gold: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devsome View Post
Not true , thats my opionion.

Whatever the Owner is doing, trying and creating after a while players sayes "boring stuff, need more content etc. pp"

So the players see what is possible. When a new server starts and doesn't have this features from the last one, they will quit is faster.
so its besically a mix of owners fault because they dont invest enough time in the projects and players because they become fastidious?
Old 07/16/2015, 03:30   #20

Mixed faults by owners and players caused by

those terrible amount of private servers and

these inactive / greedy / unprofessional GMs .
Old 07/16/2015, 09:33   #21

The main problem that they don't put any new interesting updates
they have to make it still alive or it will fail
Old 07/16/2015, 14:10   #22

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Let's say you spotted the problem? What are going to do? Nothing,right?

How about you people start giving suggestions instead of this 'Whose fault is it thing' again.
Old 07/16/2015, 15:13   #23

It is simply the game. It has nothing new to offer. The code itself is barely new-age, offers no kind of adjustments directly to the game itself (talking about new races, new regions (islam, not the arabia bullshit), new skilleffects, new things from scratch).

E.g. The sidescroller Dragonica still has some pserver stuff ongoing, even gpotato shut down his servers due to lackluster and lack in customers (payments, upkeeps), but why people keep playing the pservers? There are tools written fron the exposed C++ code, where you can literally conflict with each section from and within the game. Creating new costumes, new skills, even editing maps and creating new environments. Same goes for Lineage2 and Aion. Lineage2German, a pserver which is still up since 2007? Hell, they are adding more and more stuff to it, new, unseen stuff. Not the regards of "updating server with events", no one will care about repetitive bullcrap after a while, since you are trying to resell the same **** wrapped in some different coverage.

It is just the game. It isn't manipulative at all. Just basically editing procedures won't cash your *** up to the heights like the owner from ecSRO was profiting well (where he never updated the server, it was just new, something unique, that was just fine back then).
Old 07/16/2015, 16:44   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Exo View Post
Let's say you spotted the problem? What are going to do? Nothing,right?

How about you people start giving suggestions instead of this 'Whose fault is it thing' again.
This is what is supposed to happen lol, btw if you saying this why you not giving suggestion by yourself .
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/16/2015, 16:48   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haxor View Post
This is what is supposed to happen lol, btw if you saying this why you not giving suggestion by yourself .
Because, there's no solution.
You can't change the players.
You can't change the developers.
You can't change the game.
Thus, you can't change the situation.

@blapanda
Silkroad is not completely open source you know. There could be some possibilities to improve if it was. The current scene is not even encouraging any one to think of rebuilding the files for example. It's just too much work for nothing.
Old 07/16/2015, 19:25   #26

Quote:

@blapanda
Silkroad is not completely open source you know. There could be some possibilities to improve if it was. The current scene is not even encouraging any one to think of rebuilding the files for example. It's just too much work for nothing.
Why you can't change the game? who said its necessary to be vsro files, create a emulator so you can change everything
Old 07/16/2015, 20:54   #27

Quote:

@blapanda
Neither the games I've mentioned are open source.
By exposing is the meaning of getting every very particular detail about the encryption, types, usage and whatnow about specific files.

E.g. We are still not able properly de and encrypting 20k, 25k and 30k skilldata_enc without causing crashes on clients. You see how narrow this everything still is?

And Haxor, making an emu won't open that many ways adjusting the game inside, besides of being able replacing objects or adding simply existent objects to somewhere randomly (like perry's map "editor" (editor, not builder!)), it will be kind of usless creating an emulator while you have a better and more stable instance of the server itself. Emulation via json/mysql is just a bypass not having the original server files but craving for that game, and no one is that engaged nor encouraged rescripting silkroad to an emulated version.
Old 07/16/2015, 20:58   #28

The problem with SRO is that it's not rewarding enough. For someone to spend his time trying to decrypt | rebuild everything for this current scene, it's just worthless. Sorry but as I always say, don't expect someone to work for nothing. This is exactly why everyone just opens a server for some months and keep doing it over and over again, it's easier this way.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/17/2015, 20:57   #29

The Black Market: 184/1/0
Alot of new ideas were added in alot of servers,in my opinion whats going on now is adding the same ideas again with different caps and creativity is decreasing day by day.
Old 07/21/2015, 15:36   #30

I think it cuz the better bots
Why? cuz now ppl are AFK 24/7 and botting all the time so there isnt really what to do in sro just bot all the time = be pro after week
I miss to the old times...
Thanks
1 User

Tags
private server, psro, sro