Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:10

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

VSRO VS CSRO-R

Discussion on VSRO VS CSRO-R within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

View Poll Results: What files do you prefer?
VSRO 36 32.73%
CSRO-R 74 67.27%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
VSRO VS CSRO-R

Okay so basically you've got multiple servers made with multiple files.

Server 1:

-VSRO files
-Simple features
-mBot enabled
-Low exp rates

Server 2:

-CSRO-R files
-Advanced features such as items linked in private chat or global chat
-Features like the new jobbing system and item exchange will be disabled since they ruin the gameplay, economy and well I personally prefer the Job Points system.
-mBot disabled along with the rest of the bots (in other words, no bots)
-Ridepet healing feature in-game
-Pickup pet filter feature in-game
-Average exp rates

Please keep in mind that both servers have online stalls where you can register your items to be sold on the website which is pretty much the reason why the PC Limit for both is 1. It is also to avoid as much job abuse as possible. Also, keep in mind that both servers have the same customized features. This is simply a comparison to see what files are the best to use.
Old 02/20/2015, 14:05   #2

Are you advertising or ... what should this exactly aim for?

In my opinion, you can easily hack out the mBot injection if you know how to.
People cannot use mBots on my vSRO files.
Exp isn't low, if you know how to crack it via ASM.
Features are probably just a dependencies. People can add pretty new and unique features to their server. E.g. Reborn system (yea its old, but I am talking about something that iSRO and such doesn't own, same for the followng, event triggering, lottery, special item usage for different effects on different races (e.g. mastery unlockers/skill unlockers), a not usual level up system made with SP + Quests (my special own system, saw it no where else! beat that!), custom EFP effects (same here), and so on.

Tbh, I would like to test on the cSRO files, but have quite no freetime spending upon bug fixing and sync-ing the misled client with the server. I am going to give it a shot after it has been cleaned and mostly fixed. Not going to do the same alike on vSRO files, fixing them by myself.
But on those, pet system is pretty nice, awakening as far as I see works great, shop system, about the job stuff - dunno. Seems like the one outta vSRO 193. Not that what I am looking for.
The grabpet filter was ... not really working ^^ it was either bugging with misc items or wasn't picking up quest items afterall.
Exp rate ... well, ASM again.
Old 02/20/2015, 15:05   #3

elite*gold: 857
In the end they are belongs to one game
and it's called

"Silkroad"
Old 02/20/2015, 15:41   #4

Vsro haz mbot, csro-r not.

End.
Old 02/20/2015, 15:46   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blapanda View Post
Are you advertising or ... what should this exactly aim for?
Against the section rules to advertise but it isn't against the rules to take people's opinion for a future production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blapanda View Post
In my opinion, you can easily hack out the mBot injection if you know how to.
People cannot use mBots on my vSRO files.
Exp isn't low, if you know how to crack it via ASM.
Features are probably just a dependencies. People can add pretty new and unique features to their server. E.g. Reborn system (yea its old, but I am talking about something that iSRO and such doesn't own, same for the followng, event triggering, lottery, special item usage for different effects on different races (e.g. mastery unlockers/skill unlockers), a not usual level up system made with SP + Quests (my special own system, saw it no where else! beat that!), custom EFP effects (same here), and so on.

Tbh, I would like to test on the cSRO files, but have quite no freetime spending upon bug fixing and sync-ing the misled client with the server. I am going to give it a shot after it has been cleaned and mostly fixed. Not going to do the same alike on vSRO files, fixing them by myself.
But on those, pet system is pretty nice, awakening as far as I see works great, shop system, about the job stuff - dunno. Seems like the one outta vSRO 193. Not that what I am looking for.
The grabpet filter was ... not really working ^^ it was either bugging with misc items or wasn't picking up quest items afterall.
Exp rate ... well, ASM again.
Fixing bugs is not an issue for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexiuns* View Post
In the end they are belongs to one game
and it's called

"Silkroad"
That's not our discussion here tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoxon View Post
Vsro haz mbot, csro-r not.

End.
That's pretty much the point but csro-r has some advanced features, lots of bugs but that isn't that much of an issue for me. Thing is would you guys rather play on a botless server with high exp rates or a low exp rate server with bot enabled?

Keeping in mind that auto-pot for ride pet and attack pet will be an in-game feature and that there will be an advanced in-game pickup pet filter like the ones in bots.
Old 02/20/2015, 16:01   #6

Sorry,but get real. Silkroad (even with high rates) without bot is like human without oxigen.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/20/2015, 16:02   #7

elite*gold: 85
Received Thanks: 1,643
A server where you cannot bot, is a useless server.

People have long forgotten how to grind themselves. You cannot expect people to play by hand after 6 years of bot usage.

Item linking, New guild window... are NOT sufficient of a reason to use these files.
The job system is also "new" and most people prefer the old one.

Pick pet filter or w/e can be implemented in vsro as well. Matter of fact, you have it in mBot anyways, might as well just go with the flow and keep using it.

A few new typeids become available, but the drawback is too huge.

Why re-invent the wheel in steel when you've got one in iron rolling.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/20/2015, 16:12   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablaRoyal View Post
A server where you cannot bot, is a useless server.

People have long forgotten how to grind themselves. You cannot expect people to play by hand after 6 years of bot usage.

Item linking, New guild window... are NOT sufficient of a reason to use these files.
The job system is also "new" and most people prefer the old one.

Pick pet filter or w/e can be implemented in vsro as well. Matter of fact, you have it in mBot anyways, might as well just go with the flow and keep using it.

A few new typeids become available, but the drawback is too huge.

Why re-invent the wheel in steel when you've got one in iron rolling.
I said I won't be using the new job system. I personally highly dislike it but you make a very good point. mBot shouldn't have been cracked and leaked in the first place so I guess you can't have a successful botless server unless ofc you make botting only useful for leveling up and to be honest I find the 'new' guild window a bit stalking.. I mean everybody just knows where the **** you are but the item linking is pretty amazing. You managed to do the item linking on vsro and I think I have enough resources to figure out how you did it but it comes in like a private chat like a spam but then again it's not very useful, still way too advanced tho.
Old 02/20/2015, 17:14   #9

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
I prefer VSRO why? Cuz stability.
As blablablabla said, you can implement most of these features to vsro and make everyone happy xD
Old 02/20/2015, 17:42   #10

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodo1995 View Post
Fixing bugs is not an issue for me.
Really? I though you're not a developer nor you have someone well-known in your team.

But, let me give you a hand in here.

Go through this thread it have some information which will help you.

kd-bot works here also one of the old iBot versions. The mbot crack is released you can check it out and find a version which fit and try to crack it.

@xExorcist actually csro-r is fine
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/20/2015, 17:47   #11
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:
-mBot disabled along with the rest of the bots (in other words, no bots)
want it or not, no bots will mean at least 70% less players base

even if you dislike bots, most, if not all servers are populated because bots
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/20/2015, 18:04   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowStorm1 View Post
Really? I though you're not a developer nor you have someone well-known in your team.

But, let me give you a hand in here.

Go through this thread it have some information which will help you.

kd-bot works here also one of the old iBot versions. The mbot crack is released you can check it out and find a version which fit and try to crack it.

@xExorcist actually csro-r is fine
Never said I was a developer or I have somebody well known in my team. Thing is everybody has his task/position and everybody is able to do his task and if there's something I or my team can't do. We somehow manage to get external help. Take web coding or server protection for example. Can't mention names because that will be considered service advertisement and about iBot and kd-bot. There's a filter somebody made that can disable bots on csro-r and vsro files but of-course nobody buys it but then again, I can't mention names because that will be considered service advertisement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
want it or not, no bots will mean at least 70% less players base

even if you dislike bots, most, if not all servers are populated because bots
Well Akasch said it and now you. So obviously I won't go for it but I can just make botting as useless as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xExorcist View Post
I prefer VSRO why? Cuz stability.
As blablablabla said, you can implement most of these features to vsro and make everyone happy xD
stability isn't the problem, that's all fixable. It's features like linking items to global chat and bot enabled or disabled.
Old 02/20/2015, 20:09   #13

elite*gold: 85
Received Thanks: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodo1995 View Post
I said I won't be using the new job system. I personally highly dislike it but you make a very good point. mBot shouldn't have been cracked and leaked in the first place so I guess you can't have a successful botless server unless ofc you make botting only useful for leveling up and to be honest I find the 'new' guild window a bit stalking.. I mean everybody just knows where the **** you are but the item linking is pretty amazing. You managed to do the item linking on vsro and I think I have enough resources to figure out how you did it but it comes in like a private chat like a spam but then again it's not very useful, still way too advanced tho.
Well, if you want PROPER item linking, that's also possible.
Something like showing an item in one of the BELT slots for a specific period of time.

There are many ways.
Old 02/20/2015, 20:27   #14

Never vSRO server has survived. I support cSRO-R files, currently, because I would like to return back to the old hand-playing gameplay without using stupid kind of bots and multiclients. Well, lemme admit it for ***'sake, botting destroyed and corrupted SilkRoad for real. A pure real server prevented of botting, with low playerbase would be millions times better than like having 2k~1k fake players, IP limit was a fail solution. Also, we've been tired so much from that sick vSRO files that are 24/7 exploitable and bug-gable/lag-gable, in addition, are easy to be leaked. In opposite, cSRO-R files are very strong and can handle a large legit playerbase, accept an active gameplay and respect pureness of bot-players. I see if any other files else better than vSRO files are released in a server, I would give it a try. Let's meet a hard gameplay, a real PVE server with hand-made character and various new settings and bring the old days of hand-attacking back. I'm sure that bots won't decrease very much the playerbase, maybe less than 20% only, to be honest.
Old 02/20/2015, 20:32   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablaRoyal View Post
Well, if you want PROPER item linking, that's also possible.
Something like showing an item in one of the BELT slots for a specific period of time.

There are many ways.
Thanks a lot, I'll figure out something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklite. View Post
Never vSRO server has survived. I support cSRO-R files, currently, because I would like to return back to the old hand-playing gameplay without using stupid kind of bots and multiclients. Well, lemme admit it for god'sake, botting destroyed and corrupted SilkRoad for real. A pure real server prevented of botting, with low playerbase would be millions times better than like having 2k~1k fake players, IP limit was a fail solution. Also, we've been tired so much from that sick vSRO files that are 24/7 exploitable and bug-gable/lag-gable, in addition, are easy to be leaked. In opposite, cSRO-R files are very strong and can handle a large legit playerbase, accept an active gameplay and respect pureness of bot-players. I see if any other files else better than vSRO files are released in a server, I would give it a try. Let's meet a hard gameplay, a real PVE server with hand-made character and various new settings and bring the old days of hand-attacking back. I'm sure that bots won't decrease very much the playerbase, maybe less than 20% only, to be honest.
Let's be honest, the guys are actually right. A PC Limit of 1 or 2 is the solution as it's very rare when you see somebody using multiple PCs or virtual servers to access multiple sro_client. A server can't survive without bot since people have been used to it for 6 years so I doubt it's 20%. I think the solution is to make the end gears so unrelated to botting. In other words, make botting as useless as possible. As for bugs and exploits, you really don't need to worry about that. It's figured out regardless to what files are going to be used.