Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

VSRO VS CSRO-R

Discussion on VSRO VS CSRO-R within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

View Poll Results: What files do you prefer?
VSRO 36 32.73%
CSRO-R 74 67.27%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02/20/2015, 21:14   #16

elite*gold: 0
Players these days won't play if they can't use a bot, simply because a bot makes it available to combine personal life and game life. While the bot is grinding the player can focus on his school/work/family/friends/etc, so without a bot they won't play.

I hate to say this but I'm one of those players. Iit would help me if I could use a bot while I'm busy with my school and work. So I can focus on both things but when there is a server (I can't say the name because it's against the rules) that is against botting. So yeah, you can't create a server without bot.
Old 02/20/2015, 22:30   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchM2st3r View Post
Players these days won't play if they can't use a bot, simply because a bot makes it available to combine personal life and game life. While the bot is grinding the player can focus on his school/work/family/friends/etc, so without a bot they won't play.

I hate to say this but I'm one of those players. Iit would help me if I could use a bot while I'm busy with my school and work. So I can focus on both things but when there is a server (I can't say the name because it's against the rules) that is against botting. So yeah, you can't create a server without bot.
About the playerbase, no. Non-bot server would make the server more active and the players will stay much longer in the server.
Old 02/20/2015, 23:24   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklite.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DutchM2st3r

About the playerbase, no. Non-bot server would make the server more active and the players will stay much longer in the server.
Or the players will quit or won't even start the server. I'm not against you but that is the way how it goes right now (I'm not talking from my point of view but that of the community).

Posted from elitepvpers.com App for Android
Old 02/21/2015, 08:57   #19

Personally I agree with how you shouldn't disable bots because like Akasch and Portal said, you can't change what people have been used to doing for 6 years. The only solution is just to make botting as useless as possible and people will only use bot for the auto-heal things which I was going to implement in-game in case I was going to go for no bot. About players being more active, all you have to do is to make end gears nothing close to botting. In other words, job-based, arena-based and teamwork-based server with a PC Limit of 1 to avoid any kind of abuse.
Old 02/21/2015, 12:35   #20

C-SroR For Sure and **** Old job system **** Bot
New Job System is awesome when u have active players
Item Exchange wont ruin the economy
if ur going to make C-SroR server without the new job system = big fail
LooK back at Ignite SroR how active it was with the new job system

"playing since iSro was capped 80 in case of those ppl begging for old school"
and getting boring for all the fckin same system in all pserver with that old job system
*most of players cant understand new job system, it need some tweaks to be prefect
Old 02/21/2015, 12:48   #21

Well, I ran a server few years ago, with a legit lobby. More than 200 players without a bot and a mutliclient, and it was more successful than my other gameserver hosted without a mbot/kdbot prevention and PC limitation. Was terrible and damned to be downed after a while, while the other one was still running flawless.

Bot players are also known not paying anything for. They will simply push in some bots, collect the gold, and if you have mistaken by not changing trade possibility of cash items, they will simply buy them with insane amounts of golds and will wreck the economy ingame. It is just a circle of doom, which will end bad.

I am still on the trail for "Non Botting server", doesn't matter what.
I was in Avalon (Venus times) and tbh, I liked that guild more than others, just because people were talking and interacting with someone and were as well helping each others and not saying "well get that tool, do this and that - have fun botting mate", great. Those ruined the gameplay on iSRO.
Old 02/21/2015, 13:39   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by blapanda View Post
Well, I ran a server few years ago, with a legit lobby. More than 200 players without a bot and a mutliclient, and it was more successful than my other gameserver hosted without a mbot/kdbot prevention and PC limitation. Was terrible and damned to be downed after a while, while the other one was still running flawless.

Bot players are also known not paying anything for. They will simply push in some bots, collect the gold, and if you have mistaken by not changing trade possibility of cash items, they will simply buy them with insane amounts of golds and will wreck the economy ingame. It is just a circle of doom, which will end bad.

I was in Avalon (Venus times) and tbh, I liked that guild more than others, just because people were talking and interacting with someone and were as well helping each others and not saying "well get that tool, do this and that - have fun botting mate", great. Those ruined the gameplay on iSRO.
what if you actually get more gold jobbing than gold botting? I'm sure that makes a huge difference.
Old 02/21/2015, 14:31   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodo1995 View Post
what if you actually get more gold jobbing than gold botting? I'm sure that makes a huge difference.
Jobbing isn't a case of inactivity. People who might want some advantage e.g. Devil Spirits, or if you are that corrupt offering +7 etc uber duber FB ****, sure they will think about it buying that stuff, and how do they buy it? Either with lots of gold, which is kinda the first desired payment, or simply with silk - purchasing it with real money.
Botters do always the same, gathering up their bot clusters and pvping like kryllz.

I guess the point is obvious.
Either you allow any kind of botting and ruining your economy and taking the risk closing your server sooner or later, or you block any kind of cheat/exploit/unfair advantage by preventing bots/multiclients and you get some honest playing customers which either do play with a pretty healthy desire about "handjob" (don't get it wrong ) or just simply buying some neat stuff to be good.

First category won't "pay" your server bill nor server upkeep.
Old 02/21/2015, 14:34   #24

Quote:
Jobbing isn't a case of inactivity. People who might want some advantage e.g. Devil Spirits, or if you are that corrupt offering +7 etc uber duber FB ****, sure they will think about it buying that stuff, and how do they buy it? Either with lots of gold, which is kinda the first desired payment, or simply with silk - purchasing it with real money.
Botters do always the same, gathering up their bot clusters and pvping like kryllz.

I guess the point is obvious.
Either you block any kind of cheat/exploit/unfair advantage by preventing bots/multiclients or you get some honest playing customers which either do play with a pretty healthy desire about "handjob" (don't get it wrong ) or just simply buying some neat stuff to be good.

First category won't "pay" your server bill nor upkeep.
That's not quite difficult, I'll purchase a filter (can't mention its name) that offers a PC/HWID Limit.

I'm pretty sure it would cost you more money to run 8 computers 24/7 for a gold bot party than buying silks.
Old 02/22/2015, 09:43   #25

Quote:

+1, blapanda. A non-bot server is million times better because you can meet legit players to talk with. The same shit problem had already occurred in SilkRoad online and the proof is :

If we analyse the node of International SilkRoad Online's case, we'll discover that by 2008~2010 it used to have [52] full-capacity worth 3500/3500. By 2015, less than [10] stupid servers with less than 3k players in each server. Shame on who formed the stupid bot programs!
Old 02/22/2015, 11:39   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklite. View Post
+1, blapanda. A non-bot server is million times better because you can meet legit players to talk with. The same **** problem had already occurred in SilkRoad online and the proof is :

If we analyse the node of International SilkRoad Online's case, we'll discover that by 2008~2010 it used to have [52] full-capacity worth 3500/3500. By 2015, less than [10] stupid servers with less than 3k players in each server. Shame on who formed the stupid bot programs!
it's not just the goldbots, they played a big factor. yes, I will not deny that but the main reason why a lot of people quit isro is because of the appearance of private servers and the D12,D13 updates. everybody hates the proof system.
Old 02/22/2015, 13:10   #27

What do you mean with the "proof system"?

PServers were just populare, because of the rates. Not only because of the degrees. Mostly, right after D13 ain't official, tho lots of pservers selling those as they have been made officially by joymax and attracting more nerds to their servers.

And I guess the obvious reason why people did quit is - joymax did not take any action against bots (either I botted in front of a lazy GM, while he was banning obvious bot names "2uihdaj" etc. on Maongs) and they were ****** off paying for premiums just because of the incompetence of joymax's action, literally.
PServers like ecSRO were well known those times, and still people played on the officials (due to heavy lags sides of the pserver hoster).
Old 02/22/2015, 14:22   #28

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 1,357
Quote:
Against the section rules to advertise but it isn't against the rules to take people's opinion for a future production.

Fixing bugs is not an issue for me.

That's not our discussion here tho.

That's pretty much the point but csro-r has some advanced features, lots of bugs but that isn't that much of an issue for me. Thing is would you guys rather play on a botless server with high exp rates or a low exp rate server with bot enabled?

Keeping in mind that auto-pot for ride pet and attack pet will be an in-game feature and that there will be an advanced in-game pickup pet filter like the ones in bots.
You don't even know how to setup your own certification, how can you say fixing bugs is not a issue?rofl
Old 02/22/2015, 15:03   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickedNite View Post
You don't even know how to setup your own certification, how can you say fixing bugs is not a issue?rofl
but I'm very good at throwing money around and you know that.
Old 02/22/2015, 15:19   #30

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 1,357
Quote:
but I'm very good at throwing money around and you know that.
That's the most stupid conclusion you can ever come down to.