Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 17:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Weird brief periods of lag

Discussion on Weird brief periods of lag within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Weird brief periods of lag

Hi, I seem to be getting these weird sometimes brief, sometimes lengthy periods of lag where nothing runs smoothly throughout my whole computer. I know its not because of my computer specs because my computer is pretty fast, and its really, REALLY annoying.

I think it might be due to something I did when I made some changes to the registry. Well, It's like periods of lag where nothing throughout my whole computer runs smoothly and I am completely baffled as to why this is happening. Solutions will be appreciated

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that they only seem to be happening whenever I have Mabinogi or some other game running.
Old 02/28/2010, 22:49   #2

This isn't Nexon forums. It's discussion of modding, hacking, and botting not technical support. You'll find much more help and less flaming here,
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/28/2010, 23:18   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huynh. View Post
This isn't Nexon forums. It's discussion of modding, hacking, and botting not technical support. You'll find much more help and less flaming here,
^this^
Old 02/28/2010, 23:47   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamIPwnedYou View Post
Hi, I seem to be getting these weird sometimes brief, sometimes lengthy periods of lag where nothing runs smoothly throughout my whole computer. I know its not because of my computer specs because my computer is pretty fast, and its really, REALLY annoying.

I think it might be due to something I did when I made some changes to the registry. Well, It's like periods of lag where nothing throughout my whole computer runs smoothly and I am completely baffled as to why this is happening. Solutions will be appreciated

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that they only seem to be happening whenever I have Mabinogi or some other game running.

The answer to your problem is bolded.
Old 03/01/2010, 00:11   #5

this is such a broad topic. check to see if your antivirus is updating, java updater, check startup folder, press ctrl-alt-del to see if there are any strange processes that seem unnecessary. do a virus scan, check tweakguides.com, update your display drivers
Old 03/01/2010, 00:45   #6

It's called FPS lag, which can be caused by a number of things.
Old 03/01/2010, 01:54   #7

Lol, if you were a comcast customer and the lag was last night, and not graphical, the reason would be teh massive rolling internet blackouts on the east coast XD.
Old 03/01/2010, 02:03   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamIPwnedYou View Post

I've been having the same problem as of late, I found this in my drivers folder:

|Name|Type|Description|ID|
Trojan.Redosdru - Quarantined, File, C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\prn ep001.inf_f0a9a372\I386\EP0LVR1C.DLL, 12-821
Trojan.Redosdru - Quarantined, File, C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\prn ep001.inf_f0a9a372\I386\EP0LVR1D.DLL, 12-821
Trojan.Redosdru - Quarantined, File, C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\prn ep001.inf_f0a9a372\I386\EP0LVR1E.DLL, 12-821
Trojan.Redosdru - Quarantined, File, C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\prn ep001.inf_f0a9a372\I386\EP0LVR1M.DLL, 12-821
Trojan.Redosdru - Quarantined, File, C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\prn ep001.inf_f0a9a372\I386\EP0LVR1N.DLL, 12-821
Trojan.Redosdru - Quarantined, File, C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\prn ep001.inf_f0a9a372\I386\EP0LVR1O.DLL, 12-821

I've removed it and it seems to have stopped doing it, It may be related to something I got from this site, I'm not exactly sure. I've yet to track it down, it's only been found on 12,000 computers (0.00% overall on viruses) I'll let you know if I find anything out. But get a decent virus scanner, I have 2 AVG and Iobit 360 Pro, I don't pay for Iobit, there is ways to get that free. Look into it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/01/2010, 02:33   #9

Okay, I'll go to Nexon forums. It's just that if you post there you don't get quality posts, just idiots spamming "SYSTM R3STERE" or "REB0RT Y0R C0PUT@R"

Btw, thanks to the people who actually helped (I'll still be looking for answers here)
Old 03/01/2010, 04:29   #10

try posting a ticket at nexon.net they should help you how to fix it
Old 03/01/2010, 12:00   #11

I play on Windows mode so.

Whenever I get a "brief lag" like you mention I would just open up Task Manager to see which process is eating up all my CPU. The culprit for me tend to be svchost.exe Network Service. Terminating it still allow my internet to run but look it up on google.

Old 03/01/2010, 16:18   #12

Right, that post about svchost is 3 years old, pretty sure that was long ago fixed if you keep your computer up to date. (3 years is an eternity in computers) x.x
Old 03/01/2010, 16:21   #13

Yea, that's pretty outdated, but its at least some help. You'd be surprised how far behind some people are on updates.
Old 03/01/2010, 16:55   #14

If you cant be bothered to update your OS with free updates once a year or even once in the past 3 years you really don't belong on this site.
Old 03/01/2010, 16:57   #15

There's a lot of people here that don't particularly belong here XD. But, what are you gonna do?
Closed Thread