Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Joining e*pvp
You last visited: Today at 21:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Application [Rappelz],[Rappelz Private Server]

Discussion on Application [Rappelz],[Rappelz Private Server] within the Joining e*pvp forum part of the General category.

Closed Thread

Old 11/05/2014, 13:45   #31

elite*gold: 0
my vote would have to go c1ph3r or thndr and but as c1ph3r is involved with a private server I fortunately do not have to choose between the two.

thndr it is
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/08/2014, 23:11   #32

Received Thanks: 1,210
Don't let the section die!!!

thndr is a good choice!!!
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/09/2014, 05:51   #33

Hello,
My name is Azreil.
Most of my free time is spent bumbling with files and becoming ever more frustrated with server bugs and my inability to add 2 + 2 .
So....imagine my relief when I had my silly, nooby questions answered....friendly...correctly...and quickly...by Mr Thndr.
Often, server files can be like a tangled glob of spaghetti ...The Rappelz thread is fortunate to have Thndr around and (though I do not know who all of you are...) you all should seriously consider his application.
He deserves the approval.....no one has helped me near as much in there as he has....and ...I'm not alone.
I'm just a grain a sand......but...we grains of sand...together can make islands...
and this little grain of sand ...says...."to Mr Thndr....I hope these people realize that you would be the best man for the task. Thank you for all you do and have done for the section".
and thank you all for taking the time to read this.

With the greatest of respect,
Azreil
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/11/2014, 01:46   #34

thndr is the best choice in my opinion , helped me several times with issues that I had with my p.servers ( must to mention that he got very good knowledge in p.servers and programming)
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/11/2014, 18:37   #35

Received Thanks: 2,458
My vote for thndr!

You rock broseph.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/12/2014, 01:26   #36

I see you're fairly active on the forums, so it's a YES from me, and you've helped a lot of people thanks!
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/12/2014, 10:40   #37

Received Thanks: 1,011
Hmm ok, i want to add my 2 cents here ,too.

At first, everybody in the Rappelz Section knows, how i think about E*pvp, but it seems that it's the first Time that i really Believe that we found a good Person to moderate the Rappelz Section and it's sub forums.

I also know's that the Staff dont care about People like me, but i would suggest to them that Thndr IS the right Person for this Section.

Oh and Creationist, im not here to be rude, but what the fuck are you reading?! xDDD

Its not the attitude of Thndr that "if I don't get accepted, heh, the section will die", it's a Fact that the Section becomes ugly as hell. Just take 5 minutes and look over the first 5 pages of the Rappelz-Private-Server Section and you will understand what i mean.

Of course i had my differences with Xijezu but im trying to describe how i saw This Section the Last Months.

I reported some Post, wich were against the Rules, but hey. Nothing happened. Where was the Moderator? He was in his favorite Section, the Metin Section.

I have just one Question...

How is it possible that Thread's like these are open:

The Section tried to help them on there own with Sticky Thread's like the Help Thread, the Collections Thread etc. pp. but about 95% of the Rappelz Section user dont care about it.

That's why we need a active Moderator there!

And again, in my Opinion, Thndr is the only Right Person for this Section, because he knows what happens there.

So, these were my 2 cents. Bye.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/12/2014, 14:16   #38

elite*gold: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSuperKiller View Post
I Support Thndr , he is one of the most active and useful members in that section .....
+1
agree with this ^^.
and Rappelz PS section really needs a new active moderator as quicker as possible.

so, i prefer thndr on that place
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/13/2014, 13:56   #39

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyOneRaskim View Post
I have just one Question...

How is it possible that Thread's like these are open:

I see nothing wrong with these threads. They've been moved to the correct section.

Making stickies for questions isn't a great idea. Take a look at the "Private-SRO Ask the Experts" section. We let users ask their own questions in their own threads, instead of having one massive shit fest of questions.

EDIT: I just checked your forum section. Although it has no moderator, it seems to be quite clean and organised, meaning that nothing had to be moved or reported.
Old 11/13/2014, 15:11   #40

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
EDIT: I just checked your forum section. Although it has no moderator, it seems to be quite clean and organised, meaning that nothing had to be moved or reported.
Yes we have been asking a Global moderator for assistance with this in the absence of moderation.

That will show up in the forums moderation logs.

I do agree with you on your other point however that the conglomeration thread for questions is not the right answer, but I choose not to swear about it.
Old 11/13/2014, 20:53   #41

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Well, tbh I don't think rappelz sections needs any moderators atm, after checking them there're are almost 40 threads created over the past month. This doesn't require local moderating, gmods can still manage to fix it at this rate of activity, maybe a mod would be required if the activity increased in the future.
Old 11/14/2014, 14:17   #42

Received Thanks: 2,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by xExorcist View Post
Well, tbh I don't think rappelz sections needs any moderators atm, after checking them there're are almost 40 threads created over the past month. This doesn't require local moderating, gmods can still manage to fix it at this rate of activity, maybe a mod would be required if the activity increased in the future.
Me thinks you're missing the point, sir.
Old 11/14/2014, 17:06   #43

Received Thanks: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
I see nothing wrong with these threads. They've been moved to the correct section.

Making stickies for questions isn't a great idea. Take a look at the "Private-SRO Ask the Experts" section. We let users ask their own questions in their own threads, instead of having one massive **** fest of questions.

epvpers must be a joke but a good one at first xijezu and tatsuya told everyone to use the help thread (for about 3 years!)...now another mod is telling us not to use the help thread Well perhaps the mods should talk to each other before telling us to check other subforums and see how it is handled there.

On top of that the mod is saying that he can't see something wrong in a complete fake thread like this:

The only intention of this thread is to steal money from other user of this forum...

But since this behaviour is okay for at least one mod I will open some new threads telling everyone I'm selling 9.3 Rappelz Server files (without having them)! Perhaps some guys will pay for it...
Thanks
4 Users
Old 11/14/2014, 21:16   #44

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1ph3r View Post
epvpers must be a joke but a good one at first xijezu and tatsuya told everyone to use the help thread (for about 3 years!)...now another mod is telling us not to use the help thread Well perhaps the mods should talk to each other before telling us to check other subforums and see how it is handled there.

On top of that the mod is saying that he can't see something wrong in a complete fake thread like this:

The only intention of this thread is to steal money from other user of this forum...

But since this behaviour is okay for at least one mod I will open some new threads telling everyone I'm selling 9.3 Rappelz Server files (without having them)! Perhaps some guys will pay for it...
Then why don't you just PM a GMod explaining the issue? Seriously this reason isn't enough to have a moderator at your section, meanwhile the activity is kind of low and easily handled by any gmod, you just need to report the threads or pm one of the gmods to take care of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokedrow View Post
Me thinks you're missing the point, sir.
What point?
Old 11/14/2014, 23:57   #45

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by xExorcist View Post
What point?
The part about section organization.

Yet everyone keeps thinking it is about reporting posts. There is more to moderating a section than violations.
Closed Thread