Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Hardware > Hardware Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 13:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

750M SLI Laptop or Macbook Pro

Discussion on 750M SLI Laptop or Macbook Pro within the Hardware Discussions / Questions forum part of the Hardware category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
750M SLI Laptop or Macbook Pro

My friend is getting a laptop and he wanted me to post this discussion on forums since he doesn't think my opinion is enough. I said to go for PC because Macbook is overpriced.

I see the cheapest one on that link is $1069.99, should he get that or go for 13" Macbook Pro retina?

Sorry if this is the wrong section.
Old 10/21/2013, 23:22   #2

elite*gold: 6851
The Black Market: 186/0/0
Received Thanks: 11,067
Arrow General Gaming Discussion -> Hardware Discussions / Questions

#moved
Old 10/22/2013, 00:01   #3

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,487
If your friend is willing to use that laptop for gaming, he/she should use either a laptop or even a desktop PC.
I would not at all recommend SLI system with that GPU, maybe you can find a laptop that has one better GPU in it instead of two slower ones?

Also, does it have to be on Amazon or are you free to look for a better deal on i.e.

Some deals:

A few more:

()
Old 10/22/2013, 15:04   #4

elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 112/0/0
You can´t use the macbook for graphic intensive applications like games, because the macbook do not have a graphic card, only onboard gpu - the onboard gpu is very slow.
Today at 6:30 pm (GMT) is the next apple keynote. If you believe , a new macbook pro retina 13" will be launched today.
The old ones are without Haswell cpu - maybe, if you only want to play Blizzard games like Starcraft or Diablo or you want to play LoL, you can use the macbook pro retina.
Games like Battlefield or Assasins Creed do not work fine with the macbook pro.