Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Coders Den > General Coding
You last visited: Today at 21:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Detecting object ID's (NPC, items, etc.)

Discussion on Detecting object ID's (NPC, items, etc.) within the General Coding forum part of the Coders Den category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Detecting object ID's (NPC, items, etc.)

Hello, I've been reading a little about ASM and AutoIt, but there's something I want to know and I can't find it anywhere (Maybe because I don't even know which words to use in order to google it).

Basically I want to code a mmo bot that can make your character move to a specific location, talk to the npc's and buy/sell things to them.

I can make a bot that changes memory addresses and perform certain tasks (Attack, rest) until an address changes, but I just don't know how to even start with things like selling items or talking to npc's.

What kind of language/program/something should I start learning in order to achieve it?
Old 04/16/2015, 22:48   #2

Okay first of all AutoIT is a scripting language and despite the Memory / Inline Assembly 3rd-party classes that work fine with AutoIT, it's still not suitable!

I highly recommend you to learn the basics of Assembly language (Intel x86, maybe also Reverse Engineering) and search the coordinates using Cheat Engine -> Find a Pointer (There are a lot of tutorials try Google). After you've successfully managed to obtain the Pointer to the X,Y,Z coordinates and able to change them, head over to C++ (Visual Studio, Code Blocks, Qt... for the program).

Write a function pointer in order to change the X,Y,Z coords like that:

Code:
void set_position(std::float_t x_pos, std::float_t y_pos)
{
    *(std::float_t*)(*(DWORD*)(*(DWORD*)this->m_classptr + 0xC) + 0x638) = x_pos;
    *(std::float_t*)(*(DWORD*)(*(DWORD*)this->m_classptr + 0xC) + 0x63C) = -y_pos;
}

Or simply use WriteProcessMemory, memcpy... Of course you could also use Inline Assembly to change the coordinates of the instance :)
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/17/2015, 02:00   #3

Edit: I found the X/Y coords and made the character step in the same exact position the npc is standing on, how can I make the character talk with the npc or choose a specific option from the npc?
Are there addresses for open dialogues as well?
Old 04/17/2015, 08:45   #4

Attach your game with a Debugger such as OllyDbg and try to reverse the function by searching for referenced strings or intermodular calls and reverse the Send function until you find the "TalkWithNPC" function.
Like I told you, reverse engineering is important for finding the functions you need.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/17/2015, 09:21   #5

Thanks a lot! I'll give it a try! If I need something else I'll tell you