Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 04:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Nvidia Reveals Project Shield

Discussion on Nvidia Reveals Project Shield within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Nvidia Reveals Project Shield

Earlier today there was a huge surprise for everyone when at a pre-CES press conference Nvidia finally revealed its own handheld gaming console under the codename of "Project Shield".

A real innovation in the handheld market as this console is built into a full-size controller with the addition of a 5-inch touch screen (which runs at 720p).

The Project Shield is powered by Android and allows players to stream their PC games through a local network; also, this console has support for Steam's Big Picture mode (such an incredible surprise, isn't it?)

One of this console's best part is its screen, which can be compared to the ones that were famous to work with the PlayStation 1 and 2; yet this one would be a multi-touch screen, featuring the Direct Touch technology, which has claimed to be more accurate than the one on most of the Android devices we normally use.

As well, something that will attract customers the most, is the fact that its design is totally customizable; therefore, everyone can have a unique console, as the back-plate would be changeable and with different designs.

Some of the other features we will find in this console are the batteries, which will give from 5 up to 10 hours before having to re-charge them. Also, this console has a MicroSD slot, a Micro USB slot and a HDMI output.

It is good to say that the Project Shield uses the new technology of the Tegra 4 processor, which has claimed to be the world's fastest mobile processor.
Attached Thumbnails
Nvidia Reveals Project Shield-project_shield1.jpg  
Thanks
10 Users
Old 01/08/2013, 03:36   #2

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,002
looks pretty cool.
Old 01/08/2013, 11:18   #3

Wow
Old 01/08/2013, 12:28   #4

I have no console for games. I think this will be my first one...
Old 01/08/2013, 17:07   #5

The Black Market: 641/0/0
nice
Old 01/08/2013, 21:33   #6

elite*gold: 10
looks cool
Old 01/14/2013, 19:55   #7

Sounds more interesting than any other game console....might be on my shopping list on the future But the price????
Old 01/16/2013, 19:55   #8

wow, now that's HOT!!
Old 01/16/2013, 23:46   #9

Wow this sounds like it will be great; by far the best handheld console out there. Any idea as to when it will be released or an estimate of the price? This might just make my shopping list if it's within a reasonable price range :]
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/16/2013, 23:49   #10

amazing!! looks ton better than the psp and dsi. and the worlds fastest processor! have always been a big fan of nvidia products I hope they lead the way in the next decade of gaming! hoo-rah!!!
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/16/2013, 23:54   #11

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 1,061
That looks really hot
Old 01/24/2013, 11:20   #12

very good
Old 01/25/2013, 13:48   #13

nice
Old 01/25/2013, 19:05   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHeatz View Post
Earlier today there was a huge surprise for everyone when at a pre-CES press conference Nvidia finally revealed its own handheld gaming console under the codename of "Project Shield".

A real innovation in the handheld market as this console is built into a full-size controller with the addition of a 5-inch touch screen (which runs at 720p).

The Project Shield is powered by Android and allows players to stream their PC games through a local network; also, this console has support for Steam's Big Picture mode (such an incredible surprise, isn't it?)

One of this console's best part is its screen, which can be compared to the ones that were famous to work with the PlayStation 1 and 2; yet this one would be a multi-touch screen, featuring the Direct Touch technology, which has claimed to be more accurate than the one on most of the Android devices we normally use.

As well, something that will attract customers the most, is the fact that its design is totally customizable; therefore, everyone can have a unique console, as the back-plate would be changeable and with different designs.

Some of the other features we will find in this console are the batteries, which will give from 5 up to 10 hours before having to re-charge them. Also, this console has a MicroSD slot, a Micro USB slot and a HDMI output.

It is good to say that the Project Shield uses the new technology of the Tegra 4 processor, which has claimed to be the world's fastest mobile processor.
good

good

good
Old 01/26/2013, 14:56   #15

I don´t know... Something say me will be **** :/