Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > Gaming News > Gaming News - EN
You last visited: Today at 00:37

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Trion Worlds' most ambitious project: Defiance™

Discussion on Trion Worlds' most ambitious project: Defiance™ within the Gaming News - EN forum part of the Gaming News category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Trion Worlds' most ambitious project: Defiance™

Trion Worlds' Defiance™ is the first multi-platform MMO Shooter game, which interconnects with a global TV program coming in 2013.

This game combines the intense action of a console TPS with different features of an MMO such as customization of your characters; while the TV show exudes the scope, story and drama of a sci-fi epic.

Earlier today, Trion Worlds released an in-depth look at the competitive gameplay of this game, which is showing how unique it can be with the many features it has, as well as the TV Show driven storyline. One interesting feature would be the Open World in which players will compete against each other on the massive PvP this game will bring to the table.

"If someone asked you to quickly think of a video game that was based off of a movie, or TV series, it would most likely instantly invoke unpleasant thoughts of hatchet jobs such as Super Mario Bros, or Street Fighter. Iconic video game franchises that someone tried to cash in on and in the process created a terrible port to the silver screen. Conversely it is equally challenging to find a good video game that is a direct port of a movie or TV show (if you can actually think of one let me know in the comments below). The techniques that work well to convey a story on one medium do not always work well for the other. When I first learned that Trion was working together with Syfy (a division of NBCuniversal) in a joint venture to simultaneously develop a video game and a television show I was more than a bit skeptical. Earlier this week; however, I was afforded the opportunity to walk the set of the TV show and get hands on time with the game to create a more informed opinion."

Those were the initial words from Robert Hill, Defiance™ Senior Producer.

To find more information about the game, feel free to check on the game's website
Attached Thumbnails
Trion Worlds' most ambitious project: Defiance™-defiance_thumb.jpg  
Thanks
5 Users
Old 10/18/2012, 03:12   #2

elite*gold: 0
der erste eindruck ist schonmal gut ...
Edit:
it looks great for the first time ...
Old 10/18/2012, 03:14   #3

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 7,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by merling96 View Post
Der erste Eindruck ist schonmal gut ...
This is Gaming News EN, so please comment in English.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 10/18/2012, 06:31   #4

It looks really promissing.I always wanted a huge open world pvp game.And considering it comes with cross-platform capabilities, it increases it's player-base even further!

Good job, can't wait to get my hands on it !!

It looks really promissing.I always wanted a huge open world pvp game.And considering it comes with cross-platform capabilities, it increases it's player-base even further!

Good job, can't wait to get my hands on it !!
Old 10/18/2012, 12:23   #5

Is this by any chance gonna be ftp ??
Old 10/18/2012, 16:29   #6

elite*gold: 10
thanks for the news
Old 10/18/2012, 21:56   #7

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamshi View Post
Is this by any chance gonna be ftp ??
You are going to have to buy the game once, haven't heard anything about monthly fee or anything, so as of right now all we can say is that you purchase it once and that's it
Thanks
3 Users
Old 10/20/2012, 13:51   #8

I'm more interested in the Series then in the Game ;D. I hope its a good one
Old 10/20/2012, 20:12   #9

elite*gold: 20
Hell yeah this game will be so much fun!
Old 10/22/2012, 09:09   #10

elite*gold: 260
Wow ! o,o
Old 10/27/2012, 19:56   #11

woow this is a nice game..!!
Thanks
1 User

Tags
action, defiance, mmo, pvp, trion worlds