Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Flyff > Flyff Private Server
You last visited: Today at 09:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Same Network connection

Discussion on Same Network connection within the Flyff Private Server forum part of the Flyff category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Same Network connection

So, this is the first time we encountered this issue, basically, any connection attempt from the same network connection are unable to connect. But of course I'm able to connect using the computer that my server is running on. And any person outside our connection are able to connect as well. We attempted to connect from 6 of our different computers but it seems to unable to connect at all.

Any ideas or any kind of help is appreciated.
Old 06/05/2013, 09:11   #2

Change the ip of the neuz.exe to your servers ip adress.

For example if youre running it on an pc thats using ip adress
192.168.1.137 then use that inside the neuz of the other pc's
Old 06/05/2013, 13:44   #3

I know that... As I explained, other comps outside our connection, that includes people from other countries from Asia / Europe /Whichever are able to connect. What I'm talking about it people within the household connection. We are encountering an issue connecting from our 6 other comps which never happened to us before.

Quote:
To Also include, I myself am able to connect from within the connection and comp that the server is running.
Old 06/05/2013, 14:42   #4

Did you even understand what i am saying?

What kind of ip address do you use for the outside world?
And what kind of ip adress are you using for the intern connection?
Old 06/05/2013, 15:27   #5

Of course I understood what you are saying, I'm clearly stating that everyone is using an external IP, that would include me as well, the reason I keep mentioning that everyone else is able to connect is the fact that I'm using the same client as everyone else. I will clearly state now that I do not use a "localhost (that includes but not limited to 127.0.0.1 / 0.0.0.0 / 192.168.2.1 - 999 range)" IP to log in the game within my own home (Able to log in on the same computer the server is running on and server is using the households IP which everyone is using to connect to the game). I use the same IP as everyone else uses which is the IP that I used for the server for my own client. This way there's no further confusion in the future.

Again as stated I clearly understood what you mentioned. If there's any further questions or you had another meaning of what you said then i'll take back what I said and say No I did not understand what you stated.

To quote some part of what I said on my last post
Quote:
To Also include, I myself am able to connect from within the connection and comp that the server is running.
When I said that I had in mind of the IP my server is using (as you mentioned) and I guess the way I worded it out was misunderstood which was a mistake on my part. I don't know what else to state but I've tried to make it as clear as possible that I've understood every word you mentioned on your first post.

The Issue I'm having is even with all that the other computers within the household are not able to connect "using" the server IP that I've definitely changed within the source of what you are mentioning "neuz.exe" If screenshots are needed I'll definitely add screenshots.

Again if I clearly did not understand what you said, then I apologize.
Old 06/05/2013, 15:45   #6

Ok now we are getting somewhere.

To let the other computers connect to your server dont use the WAN ip(ISP ip adrress)
Instead use the LAN ip(IP adress from your server.).

Cause this is my setup.

My server is running on my WAN ip so that others from all over the world can connect.
But to let my other PC's 5 of them in the LAN section connect to the server i am using the SERVERS LAN ip adress.

So for example
my WAN ip is(123.123.123.123)
And my Lan Ip is(192.168.1.137)

Players from over the world are using the Wan ip(123.123.123.123)
My other computers are using the Lan ip(192.168.1.137).

If my computers are also connecting with the Wan ip i cant connect. So i hope its now also clear about this.
Old 06/05/2013, 15:47   #7

Alright thanks for the help, I'll give that a try now.
Old 06/05/2013, 15:51   #8

You only have to change the ip inside the neuz.
Old 06/05/2013, 16:20   #9

Hmm, it did work, and now the other comps are able to connect. But for some odd reason, now it's blocked outside connections. Gonna tweak around and see what happens.
Old 06/05/2013, 16:30   #10

You dont need to change the ip in the source or whatever. You only need to change it in the neuz thats used in your network. The outside world needs still to have your Wan ip
Old 06/05/2013, 16:45   #11

Yeah I understand that. I did change the Neuz IP to my LAN IP that the server is running on. To change the Neuz IP you would still need to go to the source here's an example.

I've masked the IP for my Neuz.exe as well so it's impossible to change it via "Resource Hacker"

And you cannot change the IP via neuz.ini as well since I've removed that method

so yes the only method of changing the IP for me is through the source. (Which is much safer.)
It doesn't affect anything else.
Old 06/05/2013, 16:53   #12

Aah ok i see.

Well then change it in the source for the neuz.exe only. Dont toch any other files. And only build the neuz for your Lan. For the neuz for the Wan you need to change it back. So then its working for both sides.

So Lan using your Server IP
Wan using your ISP ip
Old 06/05/2013, 17:07   #13

Yep did that, so far I'm able to past the login screen now on the other comp lol, The issue now is not being able to go any further than that. So it only reaches to the channel selection screen.

Actually before it didn't pass login screen until i assigned a static IP on that comp, maybe I should try Microsoft Loopback Adapter.

Well i've found a temporary method until i solve this issue. Basically make a channel that uses my LAN IP so my other comps can connect to it. Basically I just needed to use the other comps to test the game anyways.
Old 06/05/2013, 17:26   #14

Btw what is the use of now showing the ip in the neuz.exe it self?

Cause when i use netstat in the command prompt i still can find your ip adress. So it aint 100% save not even 10%. But glad to see you have managed to do it.
Old 06/05/2013, 17:36   #15

I actually think I did it for self satisfaction lol, And most likely just an anti noob thing. It's really easy to find what IP you are connecting to, though I highly doubt ppl will put the 5mins effort to do it. So I guess it's really all self satisfaction for me.

And the fact that we have full access to the source is a good advantage so might as well make use of it. There's no need really to use outside programs to edit our files or add an IP config on our ini when we can take control by using the source.