Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 02:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

.json files!

Discussion on .json files! within the Facebook forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation .json files!

Is it Possible to Change some data in .json files I was gonna edit Dragons of atlantis .json files ! Just Like BYm gonna map it then everything is like WTF!!
Old 12/19/2011, 14:59   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannqq View Post
Is it Possible to Change some data in .json files I was gonna edit Dragons of atlantis .json files ! Just Like BYm gonna map it then everything is like WTF!!
JSON is JavaScript Object Notation. It's a vaguely human-readable text file that stores data. It's in a format that various programming languages, such as JavaScript and Python, can read. It's basically a save file for a program. You can open it up in your favorite text editor (Notepad, TextEdit, GEdit, and so on), but you probably won't be able to do much with it.

And BYM use's SWF's by the way, just my 2 cents.
Old 12/19/2011, 15:57   #3

Oww so it wont much affect the game! I try to edit it and mapped it but it does not affect the game data!
Old 12/20/2011, 00:19   #4

json is the game data. However, the way it is loaded is stored in the swf itself. If you change the data and it does not load correctly, it won't matter.

However, if the swf does not check certain data changes, then you can manipulate it. So far for DoA, you'd have to decompile it and change the swf before any changes to the json file can take effect.
Old 12/20/2011, 03:11   #5

owww I will try that !! so .json files wont affect the game! but if i decompile the Swf files I can edit it like BYM! Am I Correct?
Old 10/28/2013, 17:31   #6

update?

Let me know how it works. Just curious.