Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Eudemons Online > EO PServer Hosting
You last visited: Today at 00:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Legal Issues: Will I be fined for hosting a server?

Discussion on Legal Issues: Will I be fined for hosting a server? within the EO PServer Hosting forum part of the Eudemons Online category.

Old 04/21/2011, 04:56   #31

elite*gold: 0
Yeah were discussing wether "recruiting" really means "working" for tq as he claims.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/21/2011, 14:01   #32

lol ."recruiting" means working to that company/server .?so i also want to say im "working" with all server include eo/jin online(malaysia) and moyu cause im recruiter .lol
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/21/2011, 15:57   #33

Now this topic is officialy offtopic xD
Old 04/23/2011, 04:46   #34

elite*gold: 90
as i am to lazy to read all those posts
so i going provide a reply on the first post and the things i dit read (just parts of posts)

1) TQ can sue you , but only a few persones know why they can not harm you ( let me say , it has something to do with DMCA , more info can be found here @ )

2) it depends on your host if they kick you off or not , it depends on how good your host is at reading DMCA complains and how good they can deal with

3) for this part i need to say a small story about myself
TQ started to sue me about 2 years ago or so (maybe longer ?? start of demonpower )
but until now they still failt because i know how to take care of ( and they does not seems to be able to provide me the needed information i ask )

after 1 year and about 250 emails later was the problem solved with my datacenter (my old datacenter)
in that time i started to offer vps servers ( and i still am offering it ) and got a lot of emails again from TQ

now i am switched from PA datacenter to france ( ask my old clients the reason and they will provide you a nice reason why i needed to move and that the datacenter was the biggest problem)

and so far i still dit not recrive a single complain of TQ , or they gave it up ( after 500+ emails with missing parts) or they just can not get past my datacenter that ask the same info i do

or to make a long story short
it depends what your datacenter does with DMCA complains
and it depends how smart you are to find some big holes in there complain

to make my point
if you know how to win then you will win , until they can provide solid proof wil i always win
and still at this moment they could not provide any solid proof , not over demonpower or over any server my client has or over any website my client has

hopely this info is good enouf for you ??

then a small note about private server
private serververs are Emulators
emulators = own creation of the server with reverse engeering (thats the illigal part , that reverse )
emulator is also files that are released for testing , they are not even close to the original server files ( as they run on linux and we are still running on windows ) and are mostly in the developing language ( in this case chinese or koreans )

that point has to do to why they still dit not find a way to shut me down or to shut my clients down (and you got something as fair use policy to ... but why should i explain everything here as i got something unic ^^ )

hopely this could help you with your problem and solve your question

Greets From PowerChaos
Thanks
4 Users