Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > News & More > e*pvp News > e*pvp News - EN
You last visited: Today at 02:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Bump like you have never bumped before - New Bump System!

Discussion on Bump like you have never bumped before - New Bump System! within the e*pvp News - EN forum part of the e*pvp News category.

Old 11/11/2016, 12:04   #46
Administrator

elite*gold: 53948
The Black Market: 254/0/0
Received Thanks: 15,056
We're currently experiencing some issues with the limit which only allows to bump 5 threads per forum per day. If you have bumped less than 5 threads in the last 24 hours in a specific forum, and this limitation shows up to you, please contact us in the complaint area.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/11/2016, 22:29   #47

elite*gold: 0
Question.
Are old bump posts counted to Level rank of member? If yes, new members won't have chance to get better rank except spamming normal threads.
Old bumping was in fact legal spam method, what was used by post counter abusers, so it's good that you changed it. But it was also a kind of forum activity rewarded with better forum rank, wasn't it?
Old 11/11/2016, 23:57   #48

elite*gold: 400
Received Thanks: 19,503
Another good thing is probably that BM Abuse (deleting your last post to bump your thread before waiting 24 hours) is now gone
I remember from the last time I was trading mod, that there was that one guy which did this for almost a year (~260 deleted messages)
but not a single user noticed this, I only saw this after I accidentally clicked on a wrong thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsv View Post
Question.
Are old bump posts counted to Level rank of member? If yes, new members won't have chance to get better rank except spamming normal threads.
Old bumping was in fact legal spam method, what was used by post counter abusers, so it's good that you changed it. But it was also a kind of forum activity rewarded with better forum rank, wasn't it?
There are some users which have trading threads solely for the purpose of spamming bump posts to raise their post counter (doing this over a whole year at the elite*gold trading area)
thats not really a real "activity" at all

However, you don't get really anything from a higher post counter (pun intended)
for most users 100~1000 posts are already a lot
Old 11/13/2016, 13:39   #49
Administrator

elite*gold: 53948
The Black Market: 254/0/0
Received Thanks: 15,056
We've applied a new patch with the following changes:
  • Due to popular demand foreign posts (= not from the OP) will now bump threads
  • A bug has been fixed which had a negative effect regarding the bump time, when a post got deleted in a thread. Of course we'll compensate all users for this problem.
  • A bug in the forum-quota calculation has been fixed, which prevented some users to bump their threads, even if they haven't met the bump limits.
  • The "mark all forums as read" function is now working again.

If you still have issues, please let us know.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 11/13/2016, 14:10   #50

elite*gold: 1640
The Black Market: 141/0/0
Received Thanks: 9,335
Quote:
Question.
Why does the rank matter?
Old 11/13/2016, 18:20   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
Why does the rank matter?
idk, and for what is it made then?
Old 11/14/2016, 10:17   #52

Loving the new system nice to see how many threads were being promoted by spam posting :P
Old 11/22/2016, 11:34   #53

elite*gold: 53
The Black Market: 242/0/4
the system is great as it is now , but i would like to inform you that when OP post aren't bumping the thread anymore , why would the mods delete them ?

i just did post some thanks for my latest customers in my thread and now the post has been deleted for no reason , and it looks in the thread like it was some flame war going on there or so that caused the post to get deleted

If op post doesn't affect bumps anymore , why would you delete them ?
earlier in this thread there was an information that such posts won't get deleted since they have no affect on the thread at all.
Old 11/22/2016, 15:18   #54
ars aurea

elite*gold: 16449
Received Thanks: 5,666
Bump like you have never bumped before - New Bump System!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supportsec View Post
the system is great as it is now , but i would like to inform you that when OP post aren't bumping the thread anymore , why would the mods delete them ?

i just did post some thanks for my latest customers in my thread and now the post has been deleted for no reason , and it looks in the thread like it was some flame war going on there or so that caused the post to get deleted

earlier in this thread there was an information that such posts won't get deleted since they have no affect on the thread at all.

In addition to the fact that such push/bump posts don't "work" anymore they're also forbidden from now on. It's just plain spam and posthunting. That's why such posts will also be deleted in the future. Answers or information regarding the own shop are legitimate.

And regarding your issue: If you want to thank them just use the Thanks-Button.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/22/2016, 15:24   #55

elite*gold: 7110
Received Thanks: 25,394
Quote:

Good point. Mods aren't deleting all of OP's posts, only those that are considered spam. This is not related to the bump posts vs. bump button issue at all.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/22/2016, 15:43   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSm!th View Post
Good point. Mods aren't deleting all of OP's posts, only those that are considered spam. This is not related to the bump posts vs. bump button issue at all.
Not being rude but from the post above yours ,moderator wrote that i shouldn't write thanks to any of my customers or interact with them , but just click "thanks" button

in this thread Mr Smith replied with a post like "Thanks, your suggestions are being considered. "

Why not just click thanks button aswell ? I will asnwer you why because it looks bad and like you didn't even want to spend a sec to thank someone .

If you are in a restaurant would you thank someone for his service or throw him a dollar bill on his face or on the table ?

i'm not being rude but lot of the mods are just trying to "shine " by detecting the "spam posts" while lot of these posts has nothing in common with spam
Old 11/22/2016, 16:12   #57
ars aurea

elite*gold: 16449
Received Thanks: 5,666
Quote:
Not being rude but from the post above yours ,moderator wrote that i shouldn't write thanks to any of my customers or interact with them , but just click "thanks" button
I didn't write that. I said: If you want to solely thank them (and nothing else) just use the Thanks-Button. I mentioned that because your post was deleted due to be considered as spam (as Smith said: "only those that are considered spam"). I can't see your deleted post so I just wrote something on the basis of what you wrote.

Quote:

in this thread Mr Smith replied with a post like "Thanks, your suggestions are being considered. "
You can't compare to that. The main statement is "your suggestions are being considered" which you can't express using the Thanks-Button. But that's not the topic here to talk about.

But while not looking at your specific case in general it's a valid point and worth mentioning that maybe some "definitions" of spam have to be set differently due to the bump addon.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/22/2016, 17:23   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKoArts View Post
I didn't write that. I said: If you want to solely thank them (and nothing else) just use the Thanks-Button. I mentioned that because your post was deleted due to be considered as spam (as Smith said: "only those that are considered spam"). I can't see your deleted post so I just wrote something on the basis of what you wrote.

You can't compare to that. The main statement is "your suggestions are being considered" which you can't express using the Thanks-Button. But that's not the topic here to talk about.

But while not looking at your specific case in general it's a valid point and worth mentioning that maybe some "definitions" of spam have to be set differently due to the bump addon.

I believe there should be more people helping Luke regarding the TBM rating support and stuff like that . That would cause the cases to be solved much earlier and make ppl feel that someone care about them , while Luke as a single person can't handle all of these cases.
And what's most important the cases should be solved by people which are having knowledge about the game where the problem appeared .

Like people solving League of legends issues , world of warcraft , paypal ,skrill etc etc

Just my few cents which might be a "little off-top" but should also be taken in consideration.\

Instead of things i mentioned that could be done faster /better . Most of the mods are looking for that PRECIOUS SPAM , that to be completely honest noone cares about.

Especially now when posts do not bump the threads. Noone care how much posts each user has , because that's completely not important at all.
Old 11/27/2016, 01:22   #59

elite*gold: 222
The Black Market: 399/1/2
@

To sum up your post :

My whole issue with the update got fixed anyway, so I don't mind.

Old 11/27/2016, 19:25   #60

elite*gold: 1640
The Black Market: 141/0/0
Received Thanks: 9,335
Quote:
idk, and for what is it made then?
To determine the value of the account:

I don't think bump posts are a helpful or valuable contribution to the community.