Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 12:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[DO Clone] DarkOrbit Remix - Edited by BlueMagic

Discussion on [DO Clone] DarkOrbit Remix - Edited by BlueMagic within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old 01/23/2013, 20:57   #31

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 1,129
Just downloaded it: First thing I noticed, the executable is 77MB? How the hell did you do that? Mine never got above 7MB o_O. That made the game load TERRIBLY slow.
Old 01/23/2013, 21:03   #32

elite*gold: 0
how can i change the konfi? o:
Old 01/23/2013, 21:08   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider735 View Post
Just downloaded it: First thing I noticed, the executable is 77MB? How the hell did you do that? Mine never got above 7MB o_O. That made the game load TERRIBLY slow.
Yes 'coz some graphics (like maps bg's some mobs ammo animations and shield engineering) are in game maker file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iistar View Post
how can i change the konfi? o:
Where did you read that second config is added ?
Old 01/23/2013, 21:10   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by poczatki View Post
Yes 'coz some graphics (like maps bg's some mobs ammo animations and shield engineering) are in game maker file.

Where did you read that second config is added ?
You can just load these files from the data folder, which would make the game use ALOT less RAM (Currently using 2GBs of RAM already, and it's still loading).

And he probably misunderstood the "planned" features for released features.

EDIT: Its been loading for like 10+ minutes now. ( Running an AMD FX-8120 @ 4.5ghz, 8GB RAM @ 1866 mhz, and a geforce gt630 2GB @ 1300mhz )
Old 01/23/2013, 21:35   #35

Quote:
You can just load these files from the data folder, which would make the game use ALOT less RAM (Currently using 2GBs of RAM already, and it's still loading).

And he probably misunderstood the "planned" features for released features.

EDIT: Its been loading for like 10+ minutes now. ( Running an AMD FX-8120 @ 4.5ghz, 8GB RAM @ 1866 mhz, and a geforce gt630 2GB @ 1300mhz )
On my PC it's loading for 1 or 2 mins.

If you have an idea how to "change" or "fix" that, write it down here.

U should know that, that graph like in DO (32 imgs per ship) takes a lot of memory ...

I'm waiting for ideas ...
Old 01/23/2013, 21:41   #36

is it online with other peeps?
Old 01/23/2013, 21:43   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhalikp12 View Post
is it online with other peeps?
It's offline version.
Old 01/23/2013, 21:48   #38

Quote:
On my PC it's loading for 1 or 2 mins.

If you have an idea how to "change" or "fix" that, write it down here.

U should know that, that graph like in DO (32 imgs per ship) occupies a lot of memory ...

I'm waiting for ideas ...
For all the alien sprites you can just use globals, and import them with their .res/.gmspr from data folder. And for that laser bug; I see something in the log files concerning the drones. You should just set lasers to 1 instead of 2. And Stop the drones from looking at your target. That'll fix the cubikon bug.

For the backgrounds;
Download: place it in /data folder
and change the 2nd script event from room start in Backgrounds object into;
Code:
switch room
    {
    //MMo Maps
    case lv1_1: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg1_1.res"); break;
    case lv1_2: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg1_2.res"); break;
    case lv1_3: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg1_3.res"); break;
    case lv1_4: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg1_4.res"); break;
    case lv1_5: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg1_5.res"); break;
    case lv1_6: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg1_6.res"); break;
    case lv1_7: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg1_7.res"); break;
    case lv1_8: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg1_8.res"); break;    
    //EIC Maps    
    case lv2_1: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg2_1.res"); break;
    case lv2_2: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg2_2.res"); break;
    case lv2_3: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg2_3.res"); break;
    case lv2_4: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg2_4.res"); break;
    case lv2_5: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg2_5.res"); break;
    case lv2_6: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg2_6.res"); break;
    case lv2_7: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg2_7.res"); break;
    case lv2_8: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg2_8.res"); break;
    //VRU Maps    
    case lv3_1: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg3_1.res"); break;
    case lv3_2: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg3_2.res"); break;
    case lv3_3: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg3_3.res"); break;
    case lv3_4: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg3_4.res"); break;
    case lv3_5: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg3_5.res"); break;
    case lv3_6: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg3_6.res"); break;
    case lv3_7: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg3_7.res"); break;
    case lv3_8: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg3_8.res"); break;
    //PVP Maps        
    case lv4_1: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg4_1.res"); break;
    case lv4_2: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg4_2.res"); break;
    case lv4_3: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg4_3.res"); break;
    case lv4_4: background_index=background_add_background(working_directory + "\data\" + "bg4_4.res"); break;    
    }
Old 01/23/2013, 21:52   #39

Quote:
For all the alien sprites you can just use globals, and import them with their .res/.gmspr from data folder. And for that laser bug; I see something in the log files concerning the drones. You should just set lasers to 1 instead of 2. And Stop the drones from looking at your target. That'll fix the cubikon bug.

For the backgrounds;
Download: place it in /data folder
and change the 2nd script event from room start in Backgrounds object into;
I know i can do it like that but thanks for file

Can i ask how did u make .res file ?

UPDATED VIDEO FROM CURRENT VERSION AT FIRST POST
Old 01/23/2013, 21:57   #40

Quote:
I know i can do it like that but thanks for file

Can i ask how did u make .res file ?
It's actually really easy; Create a background, save it as a .gmbck file. Then just change the name to .res. Same goes for the sprites. You can change the HUD images with that too by renaming the .res to .gmspr -> edit -> save as .gmspr -> change to .res again.

EDIT: Too bad I lose my source file, I could've helped you with some stuff. ( Like ranks, galaxy gates etc )
Old 01/23/2013, 22:07   #41

Quote:
It's actually really easy; Create a background, save it as a .gmbck file. Then just change the name to .res. Same goes for the sprites. You can change the HUD images with that too by renaming the .res to .gmspr -> edit -> save as .gmspr -> change to .res again.

EDIT: Too bad I lose my source file, I could've helped you with some stuff. ( Like ranks, galaxy gates etc )
If i need help i will write to you

Ranks isn't hard to add I just need to add EXP and HON and calculate rank poits with specific formula like:
Code:
rank_points = EXP/100000+HON/100+LV*100+ship_type_numb*1000
Old 01/23/2013, 22:10   #42

Quote:
If i need help i will write to you

Ranks isn't hard to add I just need to add EXP and HON and calculate rank poits with specific formula like:
Code:
rank_points = EXP/100000+HON/100+LV*100+ship_type_numb*1000
Tbh, I know it's not hard. But it's an annoyance to make all stats save properly. I've tried it using the default saving method a few times, but it ended up corrupting the savegame each time. So I had to make a new saving routine.
Old 01/24/2013, 00:21   #43

Quote:
Known bugs:
- SUB is totally useless.
- ships designs gets blank after starting the game, but after buying a few things it debugs
- cubi, kristallin, kristallon does not have sounds, error gives when they attack
- shields take up to 10min to recharge.
- cubikon attack range is huge. and 20k dmg with a 10min rechargeable shield is not nice.
- sibelons compared to goliath is an midget.
- sibelons gives just a little x4. it should be 100, or add an galaxy gate.
- stills save-editable. wich is nice.
- drones sprites when looking up/right gets bugged and they look strange, wich shoud not be that
- after jumping drones get crazed.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/24/2013, 01:04   #44

save__???
Old 01/24/2013, 06:19   #45

elite*gold: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrock57 View Post
save__???
Save for what ? just play yourself