Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Guides & Templates > CO2 Weapon, Armor, Effects & Interface edits
You last visited: Today at 05:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] About the Conquer III (C3) Game Engine (Includes Editing Tools)

Discussion on [Guide] About the Conquer III (C3) Game Engine (Includes Editing Tools) within the CO2 Weapon, Armor, Effects & Interface edits forum part of the CO2 Guides & Templates category.

Old 10/02/2014, 03:17   #61

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi View Post
"With the plugins provided, you *should* be able to using the c3 file format."

Is an answer from someone who has no idea what *should* be possible, let alone what is. Who are you and who told you that you were an artist? Why did you release this thread if you cant help ppl use the tools? Why do you have multiple stickies in the art dept when you obviously arent even an artist, stickies you gave yourself lol. You're just like dividedby0 who really as we can now see, just wanted credit for releasing. He wasn't looking to help ppl as he claimed, because time has proven he couldn't. Are you the same?

@Opale - Yes you can do weps and glows, but no you cannot import into 3d max with these tools. You can also however successfully create effects, npc's, and animation. Not just weaps and statics like the old exporter which was unable to respect most translations in max.
There is no obligation to be an artist to post tools in this section. Else, I will remove my WDF extractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLane10 View Post
I'm confused as to what this topic is about. A lot of those tools aren't...really..useful for conquer online modding, they are more to do with creating an entirely new game with the "Conquer III" engine. The only useful download for editing conquer on this topic is the c3 export plugin which to my knowledge, has already been public for a pretty long time. Yes I am aware that there was an incomplete release, this is newer, but has still been public.

The reason i mention this is due to it being placed, and stickied, in the "Co2 wep-armor-effects-interface-edits" section, which would normally be fine, but as Zatoichi mentioned, you can't really help anyone as you don't appear to know anything about the export plugin or its capabilities, unlike artists such as Zatoichi who has, quite literally, mastered the art of modding this game.

Respectfully I would like to ask that you leave modding to the modders. Or pick it up and learn a bit before stickying your own posts.
This thread is just pointing people toward tools and SDKs related to Conquer's game engine.

Honestly, I don't see the problem. Someone found the official releases of tools related to Conquer's game engine. Released it. Does he have to know everything about modding to point toward tools for it ? No. The community can participate to the thread, and answer questions. It's not only to the thread starter to support a thread. Fang probably answered to questions with his best knowledge, it does not mean he should shut off only because his not a pro like Zatoichi is.

This thread is stickied over the one Zatoichi created after, because it is well presented, contains more information (although that information is available in chinese on the wiki). It does not mean that modders cannot contribute and help other modders.

Feel free to contact me on Skype if you do not agree, but until someone gives me a valid argument, this thread will continue to be stickied because it's the most complete thread about those tools.

Also, feel free to create other threads for tutorials how about to use the tools. I will be happy to stick them.

====

Hope it will close the discussion.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/02/2014, 03:36   #62

lol. actually noone was looking to change sticky bro. I was simply pointing out that if he doesn't know the answer... he shouldn't pretend to. Simple enough. You're both reading too much into this.
Old 10/02/2014, 03:45   #63

Received Thanks: 1,147
Quote:
lol. actually noone was looking to change sticky bro. I was simply pointing out that if he doesn't know the answer... he shouldn't pretend to. Simple enough. You're both reading too much into this.
Where he pretended to know the answer ? He said that the plugin should be able to do what Opale asked.

It is now an offense to try to answer at the best of your knowledge ?

Quote:
should (shd)
aux.v. Past tense of shall
2. Used to express probability or expectation: They should arrive at noon.
Old 10/02/2014, 04:55   #64

yeah wow, we can all use the dictionary. Here's one for ya.

Guide
to assist (a person) to travel through, or reach a destination in, an unfamiliar area, as by accompanying or giving directions to the person: example given: "He guided us through the forest."

If this were just a release fine, but its supposed to be a guide isnt it? I guess im a forest guide when i say "if you go in that direction, you *should* find the way out of the forest...eventually." lol.

He pretended to know the answer when he labeled this as a "guide".
Thanks
3 Users
Old 10/02/2014, 06:12   #65

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Those whose expectations are unreasonable will face disappointment and encourage irrationality. Let me throw you a definition. Community: a unified body of individuals. One man, or prior moderator, cannot support an entire community. Perhaps if you joined our little community, you could also help guide these members. After all, it is your partial responsibility, just as it is mine, to contribute to our efforts of shared knowledge. Demanding that I be the sole educator is absurd.
Old 10/02/2014, 06:51   #66

actually you insisted on it, when you blocked my thread to teach from. Remember? When you changed the name on your thread to "guide" instead of "release" so mine would sound redundant? I never expected you to teach which was why i thought it was funny you'd change the name to "guide". I guess YOU expected that you would guide ppl, yeah? I mean, if not, then why change it to "guide" other than to block my request for sticky? Oh which community do you mean btw, the "public" community where coders decide what gets released, or the "underground" community (communities)? You wanna talk to me about community? How many artist underground forums have there been lol. Oh yeah. None. You've bitten off more than you can chew, with this toolset, with this thread, and with this argument. Go home lol.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 10/02/2014, 07:37   #67

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
actually you insisted on it, when you blocked my thread to teach from. Remember? When you changed the name on your thread to "guide" instead of "release" so mine would sound redundant? I never expected you to teach which was why i thought it was funny you'd change the name to "guide". I guess YOU expected that you would guide ppl, yeah? I mean, if not, then why change it to "guide" other than to block my request for sticky? Oh which community do you mean btw, the "public" community where coders decide what gets released, or the "underground" community (communities)? You wanna talk to me about community? How many artist underground forums have there been lol. Oh yeah. None. You've bitten off more than you can chew, with this toolset, with this thread, and with this argument. Go home lol.
You feeling threatened by me and wanting to put blame on me for your inadequate work aren't good reasons to take down my thread. Make a better one and it just might replace mine. See, I'm not doing this for the spotlight like you are. I'm doing this to educate members. It's the least I can do for a community that got me interested in programming. Do a better job at doing that and you can replace this thread. Until then, help members on this thread like everyone else is. You're no special exception. Focus whatever negative **** you're spewing right now on something constructive for the members.
Old 10/02/2014, 07:50   #68

My inadequate work? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. wow that was funny. You shut my thread down (intended to publicly teach the use of the tools as stated in OP) before it even started, yet cannot answer the most simple question of all from opale? And I'm inadequate? "Can i make c3 weps and glows, and can i import"... if you cant answer those it is totally you who is inadequate. I dont need the spotlight fang, I shine in the dark. By that i mean I dont need anyone's acceptance of my adequacy. I am far more than capable, and completely confident of it. I think it was you, who instead of allowing a thread that could have taught the community to be sticked, is the one that showed he cares more about the spotlight than the community you try to speak so "highly" of "guiding". Nice try tho.

I don't have the time to do a thread now, that window is gone. Maybe another will present itself in time, but after this yeah probably not. This place is never anything but hostile towards the artists in the community, and the result is clear as day. They've all left. In fact almost all of them left angry. Good luck tho. You both seem to think I'm wanting a sticky, let me clarify that i would refuse it at this point because i could not support it due to time constraints.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 10/02/2014, 09:03   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
This thread is stickied over the one Zatoichi created after, because it is well presented, contains more information (although that information is available in chinese on the wiki). It does not mean that modders cannot contribute and help other modders..
My point was simply that the only useful tool within this thread for the purpose of modding conquer is the export plugin, I have downloaded and tried them all, they are, to a pretty high extent, all useless for conquer. As in, they are not tools to mod conquer with.

Although it may be useful as a general thread for the SDK's my argument towards Fang was that he claimed it was a guide, and stickied his post over Zatoichis, when if we compare the threads based solely on only useful information WITHIN said thread, Zatoichis wins out over explanation on the plugin and the capability to help others with it.
Thanks
4 Users